Author Topic: An Important Announcement - Season 4 and Patreon Launch  (Read 15652 times)

Wesan

• Developer
  • The one who smiled.
    • View Profile

Hey there folks!

First of all. I would want you to thank you for all support over all these years. The feedback, donations to run the server. Contributions to the game, wiki, maintaining discord. All of it was invaluable.

This project has begun in 2012. And since then we constantly expanded upon the game, when the time allowed. We introduced several novelties that were proudly adopted into the world of fonline 2 and followed to appear in other servers. Our goal was always to innovate in a considerable way without losing the feel of fallout and stick to the canon.

And we're not going to change that, actually for years in the background, we have pushed further. I'm sure some of you heard about mystical season 4. And thanks to the release of the  engine source and multiple fixes, we are finally ready to seriously begin working on it. To push our free time and energy into a new project you could call somewhat a Next "Tier" Fonline.
Season 4 is a new engine. New system. Everything is being made from scratch. Everything is a completely different, new system. Converting all of the items, maps, dialogs was already a big challenge that took over half a year. Graphics were reworked to non-FRM format, interface and gameplay were scrapped and are needed to be done from pure nothing - that includes a whole world map system, town preview system, even the combat, and inventory system.  We had to start over a few times or do big reworks when the engine updates changed things up and messed up our work.

But finally, due to recent updates and the engine becoming open source, we are able to not be delayed and it is possible to implement vital hardcoded changes. So, we once again turned our focus over the recent months towards S4 and made some nice progress. We are confident we can start delivering tech demo to test engine performance this summer.

So we have decided to launch Patreon. There you will find upcoming news and ways to support the project. 
If you're interested in either head to the link below.
https://www.patreon.com/fonline2

Here is the link to the first article detailing how things are going:
https://www.patreon.com/posts/and-so-it-begins-27138372

Once again. Thank you for everyone who kept our game running, especially John Name that singlehandedly paid for the whole year of hosting in total.
Thank you, man. You were a great help and you know I mean more than just the donations.

Lots of love from the dev team, from a bunch of creative dreamers that wanted to create their perfect MMO, and although things can be never bug-free, we're proud and happy what 7 years of a non-profit hobby have created.

Balthasar

• Developer
  • .:
    • View Profile
Re: An Important Announcement - Season 4 and Patreon Launch
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2019, 18:54 »
In addition to everything mentioned above, there's also a small Changelog here:

FEATURES:

New Quest added:
  • can be obtained by a guy named Paul Davis in Boneyard
  • non repeatable
  • you must be at least level 15 to be able to do it

Some words about this quest:

This quest was used as some kind of boot camp project for our contributors. While most of the dialogs and coding was done by us in the end, the initial idea, as well as the maps and certain aspects of it, were created by a few hard-working contributors we want to thank for and mention here:

Re Di Pixel - Maps
Dequ - Critter stats/balancing and placement, bunker level 2 map
Hedron - quest giver dialog
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 20:09 by Balthasar »

邪悪

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2019, 19:02 »
**presses F**

But if seriously, FOnline2 would be dead if not for John Name. Although necrophiles play FOnline since 2009 and keep telling it's dead all the time, in reality it's almost dead! Almost dead isn't dead! And thanks to John Name, he keeps FAing dying FOnline over and over, so we can post on this forums! Oh, and play it of course! All these RPers, 1hexers and trolls-bombers-thieves must say thanks to John Name, just like to devs, so that they can play this game.

inubiss

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2019, 19:27 »
Awesome news; you have my plasma!

(F) John Name    ;)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 19:57 by inubiss »

Dequ

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2019, 19:34 »
I also made one map, the worst one of this questline. Few hints: Read the dialogs with care and look up to the sky!

Anyway nice to hear that progress has been and being made and big respect for our all daddy Mister John Name  8)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 20:12 by Dequ »

Waffen

• Contributor
  • Only elite blyad
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2019, 19:38 »
Good news and thx to John  8)

Balthasar

• Developer
  • .:
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2019, 19:55 »
I also made one map, the worst one of this questline. Look up to the sky!

Anyway nice to hear that progress has been and being made and big respect for our all daddy Mister John Name  8)

Edited, sorry.

Dequ

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2019, 21:42 »
For those who prefer listening instead of reading:
Use 1440 or 1080 quality.

Szelus

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2019, 23:18 »
That quest is so

Challenging :)

« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 00:12 by Szelus »

C.H.A.R.L.I.E

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2019, 09:22 »
John is a river to his people  ;D

John Name

• Nothing unreal exists
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2019, 13:48 »
Wow good news! And wow appreciate the gratitude! Just woke up and I read this and its the biggest pat on the back ive had in a while   :)

I will use this opportunity as a carte blanche for throwing a spoiler out for the next season:
There will be dancing emotes!
"Fuck literature"-Ernest Hemingway

wazzaup

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2019, 14:01 »
based John Name.

This is a great update guys. Despite not having played for the last 3 years I still drop in monthly to check any new development.

Ill be keeping an eye on all the updates. Any indication when we can expect the new season, is it going to be late 2019?
A wild WastelandHippie appears .

-Viper-

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2019, 16:15 »
F This looks so tasty

Rancor

• Jihad
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2019, 06:47 »
Thanks John!👌
Muhammed is love, muhammed is life. murica can get the fuck otta my islamic lands

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2019, 11:33 »
Everything is being made from scratch. Everything is a completely different, new system. Converting all of the items, maps, dialogs was already a big challenge that took over half a year. Graphics were reworked to non-FRM format, interface and gameplay were scrapped and are needed to be done from pure nothing - that includes a whole world map system, town preview system, even the combat, and inventory system.  We had to start over a few times or do big reworks when the engine updates changed things up and messed up our work.

That is very interesting. RIP FRM modding  :P

My Youtube Channel
Fronte Renesco