Author Topic: Sniper build - game mechanics?  (Read 8054 times)

A Mexican

• View Profile
Re: Sniper build - game mechanics?
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2013, 16:30 »
The critical table won't be revealed purely basing on the fact that it is unique to our project and that's something were not willing to share.

If you want to know basics of how a critical table works, how damage modifiers are applied etc. then check out fallout 1/2 tables. I purely understood how to design my own critical table by simply observing original tables.

May I ask the reason why you're not willing to share this information? Is there any damaging trouble that will pop out if the crit table details are released to the public?

purplestain

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2013, 16:40 »
critical hit table is easy and not so important. if it is similar to fallout 2, then i think anybody will get the idea. but the critical chance is what probably wants to know more about.

for example: what's the difference between having 7 and 10 Luck? is it only 3% to score a critical? and what about shooting in the eyes? we know that aiming for the eyes gives you -60% to hit, but what about the critical chance while having 1 or 10 Luck? this is what's important imo.

A Mexican

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2013, 16:45 »
critical hit table is easy and not so important. if it is similar to fallout 2, then i think anybody will get the idea. but the critical chance is what probably wants to know more about.

for example: what's the difference between having 7 and 10 Luck? is it only 3% to score a critical? and what about shooting in the eyes? we know that aiming for the eyes gives you -60% to hit, but what about the critical chance while having 1 or 10 Luck? this is what's important imo.

I just... I...

Nevermind.

Vrrn

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2013, 16:46 »
this is what's important imo.
Critchance+(60% + 4*LK)/100*Aim bonus
Aim Bonus: 60% Eyes, 40% Head, 30% Groin, 30% Arms, 20% Legs, 0% Torso

Yes, I'm cpt. Obvious.

purplestain

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2013, 16:48 »
sorry i meant something different

anyway, some more info would be very helpful...

Vrrn

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2013, 16:51 »
anyway, some more info would be very helpful...
we know that aiming for the eyes gives you -60% to hit, but what about the critical chance while having 1 or 10 Luck?
1 LK = 39.4% chance to score critical in the eyes.
10 LK = 70%.

Wind_Drift

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2013, 18:10 »
This is relevant to my interests.

I leveled a 7LK sniper build with 2 More Criticals, and tested it against a 10LK build without any More Criticals. I used both builds to take a bunch of aimed shots at the same Bonehead/Anticritical build my buddy has. I'm not talking like 5 shots each, it was at least 100.

As far as we could determine, the base 10LK build scored significantly more critical hits than the 7LK build with overall higher chance.

We know LK is important in using First Aid, there the difference between 9 and 10 LK is considerable. It seems so with critical hits as well. Team mates with burst builds tell me that 10LK seems to affect that fairly significantly as well.

It also seems like there is some sort of facing modifier as well, not specifically related to the eyes/head modifier we are used to. With arm/leg/groin shots it seems like you score less critical hits on targets facing away from you, even on these body parts (not head or eyes).

THE ABOVE IS NOT VERIFIED AND SHOULD NOT BE TREATED AS SUCH. It's simply what several of us have observed with a little testing. I have no inside info regarding these mechanics.

Better Criticals affects only the crit effect roll as far as I know. If you're unaware it's the roll that determines whether it's a KO/KD, bypass, weapon drop, cripple, etc. That roll happens after the critical hit is determined.

As far as PE is concerned, cigarettes are easy to get, so taking more than 8 PE is simply retarded.
Iguana Pete's Sister

slith

• Plasma Scrub
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2013, 22:23 »
I leveled a 7LK sniper build with 2 More Criticals, and tested it against a 10LK build without any More Criticals. I used both builds to take a bunch of aimed shots at the same Bonehead/Anticritical build my buddy has. I'm not talking like 5 shots each, it was at least 100.
I kind of made the same observation. The difference between 7 Luck and 10 Luck seems to be huge.