Author Topic: Exploiting guards for player killing?  (Read 4790 times)

Grammernatzi

• Fourteen shots a turn is balanced
    • View Profile
Exploiting guards for player killing?
« on: March 07, 2014, 02:14 »

Is this allowed? He attacked one of the NPCs inside, then funneled the guards so they could only fight him one at a time, eventually killing them all. Afterwards, said player went to the caravan spawn and started killing every player that arrived, without anything to really stop him and his friend.

T-888

• Contributor
  • Soldiers of Thunderstorm
    • View Profile
Re: Exploiting guards for player killing?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 02:32 »
Technically it is an abuse of AI mechanics.

It is not allowed, this is a punishable offense.

Grammernatzi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 02:34 »
Technically it is an abuse of AI mechanics.

It is not allowed, this is a punishable offense.
If that's the case, should I provide the name of the person who did this to someone? It's censored off in the pictures.

T-888

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 02:38 »
This is not some league of legends forum where "naming and shaming" is not allowed.

Yes, show screen with nicknames.

Grammernatzi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2014, 02:41 »
This is not some league of legends forum where "naming and shaming" is not allowed.

Yes, show screen with nicknames.

Alright, here.

T-888

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2014, 02:49 »
Crazy88. Good to know, but I'm afraid nothing can be done about it, the screenshot does not even show that they are actually fighting and all it shows is some message in some chat that does not indicate anything.

Next time ~requesthelp for a game master.

Beret

• Contributor
  • For Boobs glory of course!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2014, 02:51 »
nothing can be done about it
Ofc nothing can be done about it, u want ban you friends? Or Wesan? Maybe all Rda? Good luck bro!

Try not. 'Do', or 'do not'. There is no 'try'.

Grammernatzi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2014, 02:52 »
Crazy88. Good to know, but I'm afraid nothing can be done about it, the screenshot does not even show that they are actually fighting and all it shows is some message in some chat that does not indicate anything.

Next time ~requesthelp for a game master.
Is the game logged on the GM side, or anything of the like? It's hard to take a screenshot of him fighting when he's stuck inside the building until they died.

UltraRapidFire

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2014, 03:04 »
Of course evidence staring them in the face and yet nothing is done. This is despicable.

T-888

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2014, 03:07 »
Ofc nothing can be done about it, u want ban you friends? Or Wesan? Maybe all Rda? Good luck bro!

The rules apply to everyone in the game, no faction, no player, no authority is above it. Even the developers abide the rules, otherwise they would have no credibility to begin with.

I will tell you about the luxury of friends, unlike other players that get banned that do not belong to the faction I do, they at least receive warnings first, we don't.

If we start punishing for screenshots like this, soon there will be so many of them made with some neat paint skills around the forum that... you don't have to be a genius to understand what would happen next.

Is the game logged on the GM side, or anything of the like? It's hard to take a screenshot of him fighting when he's stuck inside the building until they died.

How deep the logs go and if something like that can be monitored, no idea. Need Sky for that.

Grammernatzi

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2014, 03:20 »
How deep the logs go and if something like that can be monitored, no idea. Need Sky for that.
Either way, this is a pretty serious exploit and something needs to be done about it. Caravans to Shady Sands are one of the primary ways to earn caps when you're undergeared, and this is something that should be hotfixed ASAP. Because what the screenshot does prove, is that this exploit is in the game.

MorsTactica

• Desert Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2014, 03:28 »

The rules apply to everyone in the game, no faction, no player, no authority is above it. Even the developers abide the rules, otherwise they would have no credibility to begin with.

I will tell you about the luxury of friends, unlike other players that get banned that do not belong to the faction I do, they at least receive warnings first, we don't.

If we start punishing for screenshots like this, soon there will be so many of them made with some neat paint skills around the forum that... you don't have to be a genius to understand what would happen next.

So... You cheat/break the rules too much, so you have lost your credibility, so doctored screens would work? Just how I am taking that statement

T-888

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2014, 03:36 »
I'm saying that by principle such a screenshot cannot be taken as viable proof. Same thing was on 2238, screenshots at all weren't credible, the only factor that counted was the presence of a game master and there was good reasons for that, one of them mentioned in that statement.

Grammernatzi

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2014, 03:37 »
I'm saying that by principle such a screenshot cannot be taken as viable proof. Same thing was on 2238, screenshots at all wasn't credible, the only factor that counted was the presence of a game master and there was good reason for that, one of them mentioned in that statement.
Regardless, what about fixing the issue itself? People are dying at the caravan spawn because of this, that much is certain.

T-888

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2014, 03:38 »
Report it as a bug, AI flaw.