Author Topic: FO2 INTRFACE EDITOR (IN DEVELOPMENT)  (Read 283 times)

Ermac

• Darth Sausage
    • View Profile
    • sSs Zandronum clan
FO2 INTRFACE EDITOR (IN DEVELOPMENT)
« on: January 04, 2021, 10:30 »
Q: What is it?
A: Program written in Java which serves as the linker for interface images and text. It's not an image editor.

Q: Which version is actual?
A: Actual version is 0.4 - ESTONIA. This is 2nd pre-release and it's in continuous development.

Q: What's required to run it?
A: Java 1.8 (or later) is required.

Q: If it's in Java what technology or libraries is this based on?
A: Java OpenGL Library abbreviated as JOGL.

Q: What's the purpose of this program?
A: This program has purpose to build and edit the interface similar to the one in the game (to the some extent). You're only modifying the default.ini of it.

Q: How do I get to the game files?
A: After downloading the client, in data folder are located all the ingame files apart from fallout.dat. Target directory is art > intrface where default.ini is.

Q: What FOnline Engines are supported?
A: Designated primarily for FOnline2 but can be modified and distributed with FOnline Reloaded and other FOnlines.

Q: How do I use this?
A: Once you download the program in the menu "Info > How to use" you will get instructions how to use.
    Briefly, I can say is you can do many things with this one apart from editing images.

Q: Who's involved in making of this?
A: Solely I. For now. But I may recruit someone to help me with these.

Q: What's the deal about license and this program, is it free?
A: Absolutely it's free. And it's Open Source. You're welcome to make it even better. Licenced under General Public License v3.0. But lets get to the some solid release first.

Program download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/ew2q2u36j9jjzpm/FO2_INTRFACE_EDITOR_ESTONIA_BIN.7z/file
Source code repo: https://github.com/ErmacMKIII/FO2_INTRFACE_EDITOR

Screenshots (click on the image to open it in new tab):

Youtube demonstration videos:

1st pre-release (previous version):

2nd pre-release (actual version):
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 12:34 by Ermac »
Faith implies fate