Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Gangs / Re: PvP Cinema [VIDEOS ONLY]
« Last post by Fantastic on Today at 00:14 »
Some T4 shit
Hyde Park / Re: Game suggestions for Steam summer sale 2018?
« Last post by John Name on June 23, 2018, 23:19 »
Oooh yeah I also forgot to mention the new XCOM games, they are pretty good actually, they were obviously never going to be as good as the original games but they did a real good job on the remakes :D
Sell / Re: Shopkeeper auction (in Water Merchants)
« Last post by the pig on June 23, 2018, 22:04 »
Hiring is for 7days not 2000days. Shopkeepers aren't bugged anymore.
Standard price in past was 300-700k.

My bid is 350k. :)

damn right !
I bid 399k
« Last post by csab3sz on June 23, 2018, 21:12 »
yo evgen, shit's expensive. try to sell it some months later for this price.

regards
« Last post by Pachan on June 23, 2018, 21:05 »
min bid 1000000
« Last post by Pyra on June 23, 2018, 21:04 »
 Hiring is for 7days not 2000days. Shopkeepers aren't bugged anymore.
Standard price in past was 300-700k.

My bid is 350k. :)
Sell / Shopkeeper auction (in Water Merchants)
« Last post by Pachan on June 23, 2018, 20:56 »

name: Erlo

Ends 25.06.2018 in 00:00

Starting bid: 1000000
Min bid: 100k

buyout: marksman implant +99hintbook or def imp or speed imp

« Last post by 邪悪 on June 23, 2018, 20:28 »
You sounds like grandpa who is complaining about kids not spending enough time outside nowadays.
There are good RPG games, and there are RPG games which are RPG just from the name.
Witcher 3 is good, Divinie Divinity, Pillars of eternity. Darkest dungeons is RPG, Fallout NV with the best ever add Dead Money. Mass effect (exept andromeda and ending of 3rd) you can really go on and on. True you sometimes get RPG just by name like Fallout 4 but not everything is like that.ALSO there is one problem with mods, if it isn't skyrim or fallout 4 if you want to find diamond you need to search in the sea of shit.

Pillars of Eternity simplified RPG elemnts and turned RPG into bad balanced fighting simulator where you just make 6 full DPS rogues and end every fight in few seconds by doing over9000 sneak damage from arbalests killing everyone in the beginning of fight. Apart from combat, there's nothing else to do. Game is too artificial, just like any modern game.

Again, it all depends on game devs' motivation and vision. As I said, game designers are no longer think "what player will feel when he plays my game?", they think "how the game should look to attrack all those idiots, so they pay us money?". Just play any modern game, then play an old game, if you simply use your brain and start to think about every game feature you see, you'll instantly realize it and start to feel that big difference between old and new games. Or just go to youtube and search for some game design videos, you'll see some idiot there telling you how to affect and influence player, not how to make a good game, because no one cares about good games today. Of couse they don't tell it directly (at least not in public), but if you start to work in game industry and will work on some game project and start telling game designers that they are idiots and their game is primitive shit, they will only laught at you and say that it's players' problem. "They bought it? We got the money? We are happy, we don't care about the game, it's just a tool to make money. It's our job. Business is business." Making a good game requires time. Time is money. Publishers don't want to waste their time on this, since it's counterproductive. It's just pure logic and a fact, that modern game design is crap. In 90s businessmen weren't interested in game design so much as today, so it was an art, not job. Just read what Tim Cain wrote about Fallout and Arcanum development, how they were thinking and what they were doing and how they were motivated. Now read any modern "game designer" thoughts: money, number of players, time. The faster you make a game, the sooner you can start another. Don't make good game machanics, it's hard and time consuming, make an illusion of it, players don't need to know, that they are playing shit. Too bad some players have brains and see throught this illusions, but that's not devs' problems, since these players are minority anyway.

Darkest Dungeon is very good example of modern game design, a very bad illusion of game play. I can make such game myself in less than few days alone. There're good reviews of this game on youtube, where some intelligent people explain why this game is pure shit with really good explanations, using logic and facts. I personally didn't play the game, when I heard about it, I watched gameplay on youtube, it took me like 10 seconds to realize that this game simply must be crap, then I watched reviews and cofirmed everything I thought. Random is god, illusion of tactical choices, fake hardcore which simply punishes you for being unlucky. Artificial prolongation of playthrough: need to level new characters for the last dungeon, because they can visit it only once, if they die because of randomness where you have 0 control, you have to do it again, characters can die anytime from crits. Healing or damaging for 0-N, which means you can make a turn and do nothing, or you can make a turn, crit and win. Your choice doesn't matter most of the time and player mostly play a role of observer, there's almost no difference in playing the game or watching someone doing it - you'll play almost the same role as the player. Heck, I never played the game, but I know almost everything about it after simply watching some reviews, I know about classes, what party composition you need to use for every dungeon and how primitive the game is, because you'll do the same things over and over. This game is actually good example how you should NOT make games and a good material for students of game design, so they can learn on it to not make the same mistakes. Btw read about Darkest Dungeon steam reviews and why it was so popular on launch, it seems they paid to the right people ^_^ As you see, modern games are good, if they are popular and known, not because they're well designed. Bethesda is very good example here. So why should modern game dev bother making good game, when he can simply make good advertisment? Games only need to look attractive.

FalloutNV, yes, forgot to mention it, that's a good one, especially with mods. That's was actually refreshing to play such game, I even remembered old times.

Mass Effect, personally never played, but I watched full gameplay of all ME series (full game completion with all cutscenes, dialogues, etc.), because was to lazy to play it myself, but I needed it for learning reasons about RPG design, old ones were better, then the more modern it became, the more simplified, which is ok, because that's how game design "evolves".

I hear about Witcher only good, so probably you're right about it.

Btw I also forgot to mention Divinity: Original Sin 1, (not 2), it has an interesting story too, but the combat becomes very boring, because you'll do the same things and tactics over and over, so it could be very hard to complete that game, because you'll be bored and annoyed to do all those fights. And very good feature of this game is that you can play it with a friend in coop mode. Divinity: Original Sin 2 has better combat, but the story is terrible.
« Last post by gladwin on June 23, 2018, 19:26 »
I dont like fps games, I prefer rpgs
Humans stopped to make games since the beginning of 21st century, when game designers were replaced with businessmen. Now they make products for max income, and since it's easier to trick low intelligent person into buying the game, rather than intelligent one, products are aimed for retards. Sorry to inform you, but RPG is an extinct genre, since making RPG for low intelligent person means turning it into single-player MMO with primitive combat mechanic and "go kill 10 wolves in the forest" type quests. You'll have to play those old ones from 90s and beginning of 21st century and you don't need new PC for that. Fallout1-2, Arcanum, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 1-2, Neverwinter Nights 2 (only Mask of the Betrayer expansion, you may ignore original campaign and other expansions), Vampires the Masquerade - Bloodlines. But you most likely played those already.

Plus don't forget about mods for old games, they can turn game into something new, so you can replay it, Jagged Alliance 2 with 1.13 mod is good example, may be not RPG, but with all those mods, it has more RPG elements than any modern RPG.
There're Fallout Resurrection and Nevada, which are really good.
Arcanum also has WIP 6.0 mod.
There're mods for SW KOTOR and you can even complete the game as non-jedi class or start as a sith or you can even be a droid, any of this will change the way you play the game. Don't forget restoration mod.
Vampires the Masquerade - Bloodlines also has mods.

You sounds like grandpa who is complaining about kids not spending enough time outside nowadays.
There are good RPG games, and there are RPG games which are RPG just from the name.
Witcher 3 is good, Divinie Divinity, Pillars of eternity. Darkest dungeons is RPG, Fallout NV with the best ever add Dead Money. Mass effect (exept andromeda and ending of 3rd) you can really go on and on. True you sometimes get RPG just by name like Fallout 4 but not everything is like that.ALSO there is one problem with mods, if it isn't skyrim or fallout 4 if you want to find diamond you need to search in the sea of shit.
« Last post by 邪悪 on June 23, 2018, 18:33 »
I dont like fps games, I prefer rpgs
Humans stopped to make games since the beginning of 21st century, when game designers were replaced with businessmen. Now they make products for max income, and since it's easier to trick low intelligent person into buying the game, rather than intelligent one, products are aimed for retards. Sorry to inform you, but RPG is an extinct genre, since making RPG for low intelligent person means turning it into single-player MMO with primitive combat mechanic and "go kill 10 wolves in the forest" type quests. You'll have to play those old ones from 90s and beginning of 21st century and you don't need new PC for that. Fallout1-2, Arcanum, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 1-2, Neverwinter Nights 2 (only Mask of the Betrayer expansion, you may ignore original campaign and other expansions), Vampires the Masquerade - Bloodlines. But you most likely played those already.

Plus don't forget about mods for old games, they can turn game into something new, so you can replay it, Jagged Alliance 2 with 1.13 mod is good example, may be not RPG, but with all those mods, it has more RPG elements than any modern RPG.
There're Fallout Resurrection and Nevada, which are really good.
Arcanum also has WIP 6.0 mod.
There're mods for SW KOTOR and you can even complete the game as non-jedi class or start as a sith or you can even be a droid, any of this will change the way you play the game. Don't forget restoration mod.
Vampires the Masquerade - Bloodlines also has mods.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10