Author Topic: Questions and Answers  (Read 374046 times)

Vilgefortz

• Keeper of Scrolls, Head Scribe of the Brotherhood.
    • View Profile
Re: Questions and Answers
« Reply #4680 on: May 16, 2017, 21:56 »
Is it possible to take last perk later when using hintbook?
For example
1-24 with hintbook
24-30 with fists squeezing ghouls
30-more with hintbook

As i know you must be 1st LVL to use hintbook
You didnt answer my question at all.
Anyway it seems its possible to do both, lvl up normally between reading sessions and holding last perk for few readings to reach prefered skill lvl (medic)

Wild Xero

• View Profile
« Reply #4681 on: May 17, 2017, 01:59 »
I'm wondering if this is a bug...

The medication timer displayed in the bottom right of the screen is slower than the timer in the pipboy. When I use a super stim, the medication cooldown timer in the bottom right corner is displayed as 5 seconds and takes a full second to count down to 4. When I have the pipboy open and use a super stim the medication timer there starts at 5 but instantly ticks down to 4, so it's more like a 4.1 second cooldown, or so.
When the pipboy timer reaches 0, I can not use a stim yet because the other clock still has a 1 second cooldown. I've read here and on the wiki that having more healing rate causes the cooldown to be lower. What is the formula? I know at 20 it is lowered by 1 whole second. I have a healing rate of 17 so it seems the pipboy is displaying the cooldown correctly. Why is this?

邪悪

• View Profile
« Reply #4682 on: May 17, 2017, 04:07 »
I'm wondering if this is a bug...

The medication timer displayed in the bottom right of the screen is slower than the timer in the pipboy. When I use a super stim, the medication cooldown timer in the bottom right corner is displayed as 5 seconds and takes a full second to count down to 4. When I have the pipboy open and use a super stim the medication timer there starts at 5 but instantly ticks down to 4, so it's more like a 4.1 second cooldown, or so.
When the pipboy timer reaches 0, I can not use a stim yet because the other clock still has a 1 second cooldown. I've read here and on the wiki that having more healing rate causes the cooldown to be lower. What is the formula? I know at 20 it is lowered by 1 whole second. I have a healing rate of 17 so it seems the pipboy is displaying the cooldown correctly. Why is this?
Rounding, 4.9999 -> still 5 in one place, 4.999 -> 4 in other place.

BB.

• View Profile
« Reply #4683 on: May 17, 2017, 15:35 »
I've read here and on the wiki that having more healing rate causes the cooldown to be lower. What is the formula? I know at 20 it is lowered by 1 whole second.
Cooldown / healing rate is linear.
When I have the pipboy open and use a super stim the medication timer there starts at 5 but instantly ticks down to 4, so it's more like a 4.1 second cooldown
Because it is. It shows 5s on the display because there is no tenth parts and it's always rounded up (display will show 5s no matter if your real cd is 4.9 or 4.1).

Wild Xero

• View Profile
« Reply #4684 on: May 17, 2017, 21:15 »
Is there a reason it is rounded up? In this case a healing rate of 1-19 all give a medication cooldown of 5 seconds. What is the purpose of the 2 timers not being in sync? I only ask because I installed an environmental implant under the assumption that it would lower the medication cooldown a bit. And as I've stated, it has in pipboy timer but not the HUD timer so I can't actually use stims any faster. Should I make a suggestion that medication timer does not round up but scales off of healing rate if it is under 5 seconds?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 21:22 by Wild Xero »

BB.

• View Profile
« Reply #4685 on: May 17, 2017, 21:37 »
It's rounded up in the display only, because code for it was written this way. Reliance of cd/HR is linear and it works this way despites to what your displays shows (yes, your Envi implant works as intended). You should just ignore your display I guess.

Father Anderson

• " Love the lord or thou shall be punished "
    • View Profile
« Reply #4686 on: May 20, 2017, 12:50 »
Does tagging barter skill makes it so that when you trade the barter skill increases faster?
✞ " If anyone does not love the lord, Jesus Christ, let him be accused. Oh lord come Amen. " ✞

ApocalypseMan

• View Profile
« Reply #4687 on: May 20, 2017, 19:29 »
If I want to delete a character that may have created bases but I made other characters base managers, will the bases still be deleted after character deletion?
Adapt to the harshness or become one with the dust.

Lucek666

• Generic RP NPC Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #4688 on: May 20, 2017, 19:38 »
If I want to delete a character that may have created bases but I made other characters base managers, will the bases still be deleted after character deletion?
Add to this base other char and promote on base manager and will be fine.

marti

« Reply #4689 on: May 22, 2017, 19:34 »
Hi all.

As part of our RP, today 5 tribals went to Den to start TC round 19:00 server time.

we were 5 all in sand robes and sg in main hand.

tried to start it and said "you are too weak"

tried in klamath , and no worked.

What we did wrong?

Lucek666

• Generic RP NPC Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #4690 on: May 22, 2017, 19:59 »
I think you need armor, metal at least probably.

Surgeon

• View Profile
« Reply #4691 on: May 22, 2017, 20:19 »
Hi all.

As part of our RP, today 5 tribals went to Den to start TC round 19:00 server time.

What we did wrong?

You need to have t3 weapons in inventory/arms(supersledge is t3 as well) and good armors,if I am not mistaken.

LONG LIVE THE BROTHERHOOD OF STEEL

Blobfish

• View Profile
« Reply #4692 on: May 22, 2017, 21:19 »
Hi all.

What we did wrong?

Similar but different answer:)
dont know for sure, but I think you need any armor, robes dont count. On start of session, gangs were starting tc with t1/t2, as no bigger tier was unlocked, dont think tc mechanics suddenly changed without announcing.
also, you will need any fire weapon in your active hand, dont think that sledgehammers works.

Also check who is holding a town currently, because when den is under ncr control I can vouch you there is no slavery ;)

marti

« Reply #4693 on: May 24, 2017, 14:56 »
Hi guys.

In my noob style idk how much can cost medical implant, and that is the question.

Checked forum and, 350k is fair price?

Btw asking because i would like to buy it but i only have 100k xd... time to save caps!

Thanks.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 14:59 by marti »

The Sheep

• يسوع هو أعظم
    • View Profile
« Reply #4694 on: May 24, 2017, 19:33 »
400k is fair for both sides.. but if you have friend who owns it.. why not.. 350k good too
Crowd Control
Legion
-Ave Caesar-