Author Topic: Proximity detector  (Read 2661 times)

Vilgefortz

• Keeper of Scrolls, Head Scribe of the Brotherhood.
    • View Profile
Proximity detector
« on: October 24, 2018, 16:22 »
Item that will detect any movement within its proximity, craftable and/or drop from dungeons/npc. Can be connected with radio channel to broadcast signal when movement is detected. Preferably disappearing/becoming disabled after amount of time to prevent mass use (eg 20 minutes). Can be picked and turned off with traps skill.

Dequ

• View Profile
Re: Proximity detector
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2018, 16:24 »
There already is item like that: Geiger counter

John Name

• Nothing unreal exists
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2018, 16:39 »
There already is item like that: Geiger counter
I would think that the amount of Geiger Counters must have decreased dramatically after the last update, not a bad idea to come up with some use for it now that has gotten "refreshed" as an item on the server, though this may not be the use I would go for.
"Fuck literature"-Ernest Hemingway

shekel_goblin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2018, 18:01 »
i dont really see this being useful other than camping entrances of dungeons and towns.

Vilgefortz

• Keeper of Scrolls, Head Scribe of the Brotherhood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2018, 18:09 »
Well im writing this suggestion from perspective of player who mostly plays alone. But yes it can make camping easier making in a huge drawback. I must check those geiger counters, sadly all disapeared.

Aristoteles

• Elláda/Χανία
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2018, 21:45 »
Game is broken, that is the reason people can camp easily.
  • You can hear/see the door open when you just dont see the door or you are too far away to hear the voice(glow doors or even gecko selling event seller's door)
  • You can see someone loot the item, even if its behind the wall/door, but you'ra still in FOV range area (sierra caves complex /other dungeons camping).
It'd be nice if game mechanism about seeing the 'dead things' change in way like we see the other player. If enemy player is behind door/wall then you can't see him. So WTF you can see someone loot item or open the door or bazooka blast while you exactly don't see that?

There other hi-tech solution which helps in pure camping.
There are software available to analyze the object appearing in the screen/defined area or exceeding the defined virtual line. In some paid software even you can also specify the size of the object, threshold speed of movement, direction, and even color! In paid solution when soft detect the move/defined event you can be alarmed by SMS/Email/Voice and many other. It's really easy way to camp glow/world events, You can just wait and trigger will alarm you in, just hidden scout needed. There are issues of hex-bot usage, so I have no illusions that people use such things

gladwin

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2018, 22:48 »
Spoiler
Game is broken, that is the reason people can camp easily.
  • You can hear/see the door open when you just dont see the door or you are too far away to hear the voice(glow doors or even gecko selling event seller's door)
  • You can see someone loot the item, even if its behind the wall/door, but you'ra still in FOV range area (sierra caves complex /other dungeons camping).
It'd be nice if game mechanism about seeing the 'dead things' change in way like we see the other player. If enemy player is behind door/wall then you can't see him. So WTF you can see someone loot item or open the door or bazooka blast while you exactly don't see that?

There other hi-tech solution which helps in pure camping.
There are software available to analyze the object appearing in the screen/defined area or exceeding the defined virtual line. In some paid software even you can also specify the size of the object, threshold speed of movement, direction, and even color! In paid solution when soft detect the move/defined event you can be alarmed by SMS/Email/Voice and many other. It's really easy way to camp glow/world events, You can just wait and trigger will alarm you in, just hidden scout needed. There are issues of hex-bot usage, so I have no illusions that people use such things

I get your point but i bet ammount of modding needed to make it your way would be immeasurable, right now it is like it is.
the only place where exist point to actualy use this software you mentioned is Sierra. You are checking if turrets is alive or not cough* cough* evgen couhg*
I will tell you secret how to camp glow and NOT use ANY forbiden metod. Go to level 3 of glow, leave your character in lockers or in special hex where NPC do not agrro you. Done, you will hear when elavator will trigger. Feature by musashi.

Ammount of 3rd part softwares used by players is just.... That is why i am always happy when someone who violate the rules get ban.

Alexander

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2018, 06:19 »
Gladwin

I will tell you secret how to camp glow and NOT use ANY forbiden metod.

But.....

Also Gladwin

Go to level 3 of glow, in special hex where NPC do not agrro you.
Community: When is the wipe?

Wesan: Not anytime soon

Milan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2018, 19:57 »
Gladwin

I will tell you secret how to camp glow and NOT use ANY forbiden metod.

But.....

Also Gladwin

Go to level 3 of glow, in special hex where NPC do not agrro you.
Sneaking is a forbidden method?

K0FM

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2018, 06:51 »
It's an exploit that defeats the intent of the npc's on that level.  That's different than say blocking a doorway and having only one attack you at a time or running around them (which is taking advantage of the AI).
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 07:12 by K0FM »
Team is Open for Rambos - 2-30 slots available /PM

gladwin

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2018, 18:23 »
Devs knew about it and didn't banned a guy which have done it.
Hell i saw once on stream musashi's camps spot and there was nothing to be done about it.
True it using AI on our advantage but we all do it anyway. In either TB, RT, dungeons, mariposa, events, on and on and on.
If you doesn't know the sweet spot for 3rd level you can always hide behind doors which need e-lockpick.

Idk milan if sneaking is forbiden, i guess not. Rules in fonline are rather basic and sometimes you don't know what is allowed or not. We have unwritten rules, like with baserapes and trap bases. All old players know it but this isn't written anywhere exept few post on discord or on forum. So who knows. Musashi/pyra/glowbot/eyebot wasn't banned for that soooo, i guess not.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 20:12 by gladwin »

K0FM

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2018, 21:20 »
I'm well aware that no one has been banned for it.  Devs are very picky on what they choose to enforce in this game; I believe there is nothing worse than an inconsistent ruleset.  However, I also understand there are barriers due to the engine that may make fixes time consuming to undertake.  As I said, the non-aggro spots defeat the INTENT of the presence of the robots, just the same if there were similar non-aggro spots on Ares Surface, or Mari exterior.  Just as the old "punch-from-elevator" trick was used to hide your presence in glow (and that one was deemed an exploit).  That's very different from manipulating the AI into chokepoints.  The two aren't related at all.
Team is Open for Rambos - 2-30 slots available /PM

gladwin

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2018, 22:46 »
Yea, i see your point now, I also do agree that inconsistent ruleset is something awful But still. If it is well know, and devs didn't changed it, didn't banned, didn't sayid we can't. I don't see reason why we shouldn't use it, if we want.

In my eyes playing is about knowing the game more and using game's mechanic to go on even the highest level. Especialy if it has any element of rivalry
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 22:48 by gladwin »