Author Topic: New uses for sneak skill  (Read 159 times)

Blackwood

• Headshot
    • View Profile
New uses for sneak skill
« on: December 03, 2017, 19:34 »
Hi there guys, I'd like to discuss about new skills uses and some new ways for making them more awesome. I'm mainly thinking about sneak skill: completely useles unless you meet some very specific requirements such as stealth boy, hubologist robe and low carry weight. These are the suggestions about it:

- Give a chance (bigger while you approach to skill cap) to escape from grid despite you are in combat.
- Hiding skill that activates when you are stopped more than 10 seconds while sneaking (displaying a "hiding" coloured mark in top left side of the screen, as poison or addiction does); It could change detection formula, lowering the detection probability always while you are not moving or doing any other action.

What do you think? It could be great for PvE / Crafter characters or for new combat tactics, and sneak skill could be useful too between 100 and 300.

FriendlyFire

• i'm an idiot. spics should die though.
    • View Profile
Re: New uses for sneak skill
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 19:47 »
imo, fine as it is, don't change what isn't broken.

Alexander

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 20:44 »
Sneaks don’t need a buff, if anything nerf sneaks with CC skill.
Community: When is the wipe?

Wesan: Not anytime soon

Blackwood

• Headshot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 01:15 »
The point of this suggestion is that every skill has it's different uses below it's cap except for sneak. Another way to use it could afford much more playability (I'm not sure if this word exists) and different ways to face both PvE and PvP.

It could give an extra chance to survive to small teams against swarms (remember you still have to hide and not move) or loners. Also surviving in Sierra Caves against NPC swarms could be easier. In my opinion it doesn't buff too much sneakers in opposition to the advantages it gives to the game. Maybe applying both suggestions would be too much, but not only second one: A hidding system.