Author Topic: Remove stealing OR remove banning from ncr  (Read 1188 times)

Remove stealing OR remove banning from ncr
« on: July 11, 2016, 20:17 »
For now there is no use for stealing skill and perks since ncr can ban thieves from Shady Sands (Shady Sands being the only town where stealing is allowed by game mechanics).

So logically stealing skill and perks should either be completely removed from the game or ncr should not be allowed to ban individuals.

Please dont tell me stealing is good for stealing from npcs. :P

Dequ

• View Profile
Re: Remove stealing OR remove banning from ncr
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 20:21 »
Steal so far idk has not many effective ways to use other than trolling. Maybe need to make up some new good/okeyish suggestions for stealing.

Player shopkeepers should be removed from ncr, because its unstable place to have shopkeeper and can lead bad situations for newplayers/players who dont understant mechanics and get robbed 1kk.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 20:23 by Dequ »

Blobfish

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 21:51 »
As ncr is meant to be rp feature in game you can check player made "laws" or "regulations", tho I agree some things regarding this feature can be improved.
For example, ban system is not working properly, banned  players cant be unbanned, that thing was already reported I hope it will be resolved.

I think both features should stay in game, only improved. Maybe make one part of town protected like hub, and put shopkeepers there, so newcomers wont have that much problems when buying stuff. Or make that ad banner next to saloon readable, adjustable by ncr/rangers officers or just write down basic things about shady, explain features in simple way. Maybe put one down on bazaar with some visible sign too? I think its better to try to improve than just cut out some features which are meant to be player driven.

Btw if you have some complaint or you think you (or anyone) is banned unfair (tho I banned only few who townbursted new guys in shady or similar) pls pm me.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 21:55 by Blobfish »

Lucek666

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2016, 22:50 »
Be kurwa ambitious criminalist and go to SF, New Reno, Broken Hills, Klamath, Den, Redding or Modoc and try rob people who running there to get profesions, bartering, crafting, install implants or scavenging instead expecting that someone will allow you to rob few caps from noobs or troll NCR members in Shady Sands.

btw. are you this guy who was known in past as Officer Hubert? Such a comeback.  ::)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 11:22 by Lucek666 »

BetaSpectre

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2016, 22:23 »
Stealing isn't useful because stealth isn't perfect, and if it were stealing would be OP.

IMO CQC and Steal should be merged to make it something you just have for being faster.

Warpig

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2016, 14:04 »
Problem is partialy in simple ban system, where you cant make differences and partialy in players themselfs. Iwas speaking with Knight about it and we agreed that pure thievery with proper build should be not reason for banning. Thieves and cop game in NCR should je not completely removed. But most of thieves in NCR are just worthless scum trolls without stealing skill and they are commiting many other not tolerable crimes.
Im personaly for keeping safe zone only in Junktown to protect noobs and using NCR ban system only to protect town against enemy riders abusing resignation from faction to confuse guards. But you know i have to respect boss and majority.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 14:06 by Warpig »