Author Topic: Sneaky bursters  (Read 2764 times)

Albert Anastasia

• xoxo
    • View Profile
Sneaky bursters
« on: January 31, 2017, 23:55 »
Just saw this post
Silent running removing burst feature from weapons. The hell is the problem with that? lol
and i would like to discuss it some more.
Personally i think this would be good for balance because sneakers could be still using single shot weapons like sniper rifles etc. while not being able to kill anyone with few bursts from behind when battle starts.
Still if anyone wants to deal massive dmg while being hidden he could only without silent running. What do yall think?

Boon

• View Profile
Re: Sneaky bursters
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 04:21 »
I don't see why it's a bad thing. Although, I wonder what'd happen if CAWS was nerfed or removed...
Wasteland is still harsh.
Plasma Rifle is overpowered.
H&K CAWS is overpowered.

BB.

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2017, 14:25 »
I think it's coming to the problem from the wrong side. No silent running = you can't run while sneaking. Doesn't mean you can't sneak. So it just takes to get a good position and you can still do what people do atm. Wouldn't change a thing, except for being annoying for sneakers, because the only working antisneak weapon is caws, which without burst is pretty much useless (no one could really bother a non-running-sneaker).
Reminds me of change in sneaking on Reloaded, where instead of nerfing sneak, they added weight to weapon "when armed". And because of the engine having some flaws you could sneak properly, then take out the gun and as long as you were not moving you were still invisible - whit LSW in your hands. So people were doing that on the corner of the buildings, shooting two times and going back behind the corner, taking the weapon off of their hands and sneak again. That is what sneaking would look like here if you do what you suggested. Does it help in solving the problem?

BB.

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 14:37 »
P.S. Okay, there are grenadiers. But I don't like the idea of switching bursting sneaks to grenade throwers, because CC speed is just broken.

Albert Anastasia

• xoxo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2017, 16:55 »
I think it's coming to the problem from the wrong side. No silent running = you can't run while sneaking.Exactly Doesn't mean you can't sneak.Thats right So it just takes to get a good position and you can still do what people do atm. Wouldn't change a thing,Wrong,it would change a lot except for being annoying for sneakers, because the only working antisneak weapon is caws, which without burst is pretty much useless (no one could really bother a non-running-sneaker).So wouldnt change a thing or no one would really bother?
Reminds me of change in sneaking on Reloaded, where instead of nerfing sneak, they added weight to weapon "when armed". And because of the engine having some flaws you could sneak properly, then take out the gun and as long as you were not moving you were still invisible - whit LSW in your hands. So people were doing that on the corner of the buildings, shooting two times and going back behind the corner, taking the weapon off of their hands and sneak again. That is what sneaking would look like here if you do what you suggested.with silent running youd have no use for lsw,without silent running youd be walking behind the corner=nerfed enough if u ask me. Does it help in solving the problem? Yes it solves the whole op sneaky full dps burst problem.

P.S. Okay, there are grenadiers. But I don't like the idea of switching bursting sneaks to grenade throwers, because CC speed is just broken.
As much as i dont like the idea of super speedy grenadiers theyre simply nowhere near the fulldps caw/lsw/bozar sneakers.

FasoL

• Franz
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2017, 18:45 »
Sneaker is well balanced.
Some people just argue that caws has too less weight(it s really too small)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 18:48 by FasoL »

BB.

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2017, 19:04 »
with silent running youd have no use for lsw,without silent running youd be walking behind the corner=nerfed enough if u ask me
*you'd still run behind the corner, shooting unsneaks you anyways so no matter if you have silent running or not, first you hide, then you resneak = you run behind the corner
So wait, you want full dps sneaker bursters (that you can't see till they hit you) not to shoot your snipers in the beginning of the fight or you want to make it harder for them to hide after they already kill your snipers? :-X Because that's the only thing you'd get by implementing your suggestion - there would be sneakers without silent running that are still fully sneaked, just standing on some corner, waiting for you to start the fight, shoot you few times, hide behind the corner and resneak to regain APs, pick and shoot you again - they just wouldn't be able to run away if some of you goes to the corner to kill them (they need to run away being seen to everyone who is over that corner - you're still below it and don't have high perception characters, because your snipers are dead).

Albert Anastasia

• xoxo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2017, 19:26 »
[ there would be sneakers without silent running
Maybe but way less and itd require more skill to play such builds,also you could outrun them,now they dont have any disadvantage.

Sneaker is well balanced.

BB.

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2017, 19:31 »
now they dont have any disadvantage
If you want to make a full dps sneaker you either go with low perception (you're a battle sneak, not a scouting one) or low HP (you are being seen = you're pretty much dead). Every choice has a cost.

P.S. Just look at the first fight on the movie you posted - if Dequ didn't have Silent Running, he would play this exactly the same way. He just stands on the corner, shoots, shoots, goes behind the corner, resneaks, then goes to the corner, waits, shoots, shoots... and so on. No need for running. He would just have space for Better Crits/Living Anatomy or w/e offensive perk he doesn't have.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 19:41 by BB. »

FasoL

• Franz
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2017, 19:37 »
we had already 3 similiar threads,
here they are:

https://forum.fonline2.com/index.php?topic=15724
https://forum.fonline2.com/index.php?topic=15359
https://forum.fonline2.com/index.php?topic=16534

and then skycast said:
Sneakers dont need any buff now, i just played few evenings on sneak so i know what i am saying. Locked.

so :D :D :D :D

Albert Anastasia

• xoxo
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2017, 20:16 »

P.S. Just look at the first fight on the movie you posted - if Dequ didn't have Silent Running, he would play this exactly the same way. He just stands on the corner, shoots, shoots, goes behind the corner, resneaks, then goes to the corner, waits, shoots, shoots... and so on. No need for running. He would just have space for Better Crits/Living Anatomy or w/e offensive perk he doesn't have.
Yet he still chose silent running over another perk. Again,the point is to balance it out,not to make such things impossible to perform.

to FasoL : Please learn to read with comprehension or withdraw from posting in this topic.

FasoL

• Franz
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2017, 22:00 »
it's public thread so I can add post of my choice. Only one way to close my mouths is just close this topic. You can close topic if your buthurt became end.

Anyway I meet your request and read everyhing(read with comprehension) and see same like here:

lol
nerf sneak

+1 nerf dat bs already

Just make silent running remove the burst option.

After youve taken the silent running perk your character wont be able to use burst mode no more.
and there you go fast running hth and single shot fellas and high dmg turretalike walking sneaky bursters.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 22:03 by FasoL »

Albert Anastasia

• xoxo
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2017, 23:02 »
FasoL i asked you nicely and only thing you managed to do was a desperate attempt to insult me ,and quote my old posts from all those nerf sneak topics which on the contrary only proves the point that something is obviously wrong with it. Still again if you cannot into adult discussion just please leave it for those who can.