Author Topic: TC and my proposed benefits for it.  (Read 1803 times)

Senrain

• Spiced steak!
    • View Profile
TC and my proposed benefits for it.
« on: July 12, 2013, 11:45 »
We all love Town Control. Who doesn't love it? I think we should bring it back. However, Town Control shouldn't exclude anyone from the fun!

We need gangs for TC!

First off, there should be an NPC that allows you to declare a new gang for a fee. The leader of this new gang will be paying the NPC, and must have 4 or so people tagged on them. Once all that's said and done the NPC will spread the word that a new gang has been created and the new leader will be able to manage his members on a computer nearby.

Once you have a gang, the fun can begin! A designated NPC in each town will act as the trigger for town control.

The fun part

Once leader of the gang or a very high ranking member speaks to the NPC and declares their town under the gang's protection, and there are sufficient members present in the TC zone, the countdown as with the classic TC will begin. If the gang survives or is unchallenged when the timer hits 0 the town is theirs.

Once a gang holds a town, a cool-down of 1 in-game week will need to be waited out before another gang can attempt to take the town.

If the same gang holds a town after the 1 in-game week cooldown expires and another gang engages the TC timer but fails to hold the town then another cool-down of 3 in-game days will be added before another gang can attempt to take the town.

Why the cooldowns? For more exciting PVP and to give the regular folks a breather! When that cool-down ticks down to zero, you can definitely expect that more than one gang is going to rush in to seize control. This means more exciting PVP, and some down-time for regular folks who just want to buy and sell goods, and use services.

What comes next?

Well, once a gang takes a town what is there to do then?

Protect the town of course! Either themselves or with hired guards.

Guards? Hoo boy here we go...

Guards keep the peace and will respawn when killed, but will hide when the TC cooldown expires. There should be 3 tiers of guards a gang can hire to protect the towns. A low, medium, and high tier. Lower tiers being less well equipped and higher tiers actually being rather effective at keeping the peace.

What's in it for us? The gang that worked so hard to get this town?

The gang will receive rewards in a chest in the form of caps or expensive high quality crafting materials that are difficult or expensive to obtain otherwise.

However, the rewards that spawn in the chest will be directly tied to how well the town is doing. AKA how much business it's getting.

The more players that use the town's vendors and services, the greater rewards the gang holding the town will receive. The town itself will also benefit, with the vendors replenishing more often and with better stock and more caps which will draw more players to come purchase and sell items.

Of course the gang can decide to not hire any guards and just sit back and take the rewards, but low amounts of business will result in petty rewards, and it will always be more beneficial to actually protect the town.

Both gangs and regular players benefit! No more crying about TC not benefiting the smaller people!

Prometheus Pithras

• Casual FO play//waiting fixes/more blues to kill
    • View Profile
Re: TC and my proposed benefits for it.
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 17:07 »
I like it, sounds decently better than the old toilet control system. It would be even better if devs decide to implement some sort of random script event involving hostile npc attacks basing on the town (ex bh raided by muties, gecko by ghouls- modoc by raiders etc), to bring a lil more life to the cities and combine pvp-and pve just like in necropolis, it feels better that way

What if the Enclave is real and theyre planning to burst down your ass someday... :P

LagMaster

• May The Lag be with you!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 22:45 »
or town settings for player protecting:
-protect only gang members
-protect only gang friends
-protect all wastelanders exept troublemakers(burster, thieves, bombers)
-protect all life(will leave thieves alone)
Remember skycast and Rascal, abusing power never ends well.

Senrain

• Spiced steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 07:41 »

My idea isn't flawless, but I think TC should benefit all parties involved. So there should be encouragement for gangs to not just kill everyone who walks into their town, since they'll be skipping out on big rewards otherwise.

LagMaster

• May The Lag be with you!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2013, 08:20 »

My idea isn't flawless, but I think TC should benefit all parties involved. So there should be encouragement for gangs to not just kill everyone who walks into their town, since they'll be skipping out on big rewards otherwise.
of course there will be big rewards, like the buissness ideea mentioned earlier, your gank can guard the town if they want, or not and bucher everyone inside
Remember skycast and Rascal, abusing power never ends well.

Senrain

• Spiced steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2013, 08:34 »

of course there will be big rewards, like the buissness ideea mentioned earlier, your gank can guard the town if they want, or not and bucher everyone inside

Yeah. Kill people and take their stuff VS. Protect the town and get better loot

wreese2u

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2013, 23:08 »
Only thing that I don't like about this is the cooldown, that'll limit the amount of PvP int he game, honestly.

Senrain

• Spiced steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2013, 01:40 »
Only thing that I don't like about this is the cooldown, that'll limit the amount of PvP int he game, honestly.

It would actually make PVP more exciting. How many times have you waited around in a town for some pvp and been disappointed? With cooldown there will always be a time where you'll find well geared people ready for some action.