Author Topic: New RP system - mutant buff  (Read 2852 times)

jammaplaya

• View Profile
New RP system - mutant buff
« on: April 04, 2015, 08:01 »
Suggestion:

time played as a mutant unlocks RP skin tier rewards.

So you start as a mutant. after 250 hours online game time, robot skin gets unlocked.

Robot has higher base AR than mutant, same walk speed, same HP bonus.

then after 500 hours as a robot, deathclaw skin is unlocked.

deathclaw has faster move speed than 200 CC human, by an extra 25%, but cannot wear armor or use weapons. +5 crit chance, +5 anticrit, same base AR boost as robot. same HP bonus

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 08:05 by jammaplaya »

Zorax

Re: New RP system - mutant buff
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2015, 08:04 »
Then we will see deathclaw scouts. People can dual log to 500 hours aswell...

Kes

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2015, 08:05 »
Worst suggestion I've ever seen on this forum I think.

For obvious reasons. No.

Disagree.

Szela81

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2015, 10:21 »
Idea is nice but not fonline :) like said third screen with muti walking on base, to gain dc skin for ninja loot and scout

jammaplaya

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2015, 03:55 »
Worst suggestion I've ever seen on this forum I think.

For obvious reasons. No.

Disagree.

The reasons aren't obvious to everyone. I have played solo since 2238. I haven't even explored probably 80% of the map zones. Never been in factions or even in a group.

So from my perspective, this is viable because moving speed is such a big factor in pvp, which is forced on everyone who plays here. You can't avoid PvP, but it's pretty easy to become a mutant (which can't pvp because of movement speed) Sort of like the light at the end of the tunnel.

I understand that mutants primarily are TB farming only, that's fine. All I'm hoping for is that someone will try to help make this suggestion specifically more feesible where possible instead of just shutting it down with no explanation, it's not going to help solve this problem.

In my opinion, altering a players movement speed is a completely unacceptable game balance flaw that should be reconsidered. If mutant is only supposed to be for TB farming then don't force encounters on that character type where PvP can happen. Playing a mutant is fun for a while and it would be nice to have some sort of future past that playing on the character that I enjoy playing.

jammaplaya

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2015, 04:01 »
Then we will see deathclaw scouts. People can dual log to 500 hours aswell...

Agreed that people can dual log. The number of hours isn't written in stone here, should it be longer? Also we could add other factors like 2000 iron ore mined as well as 500 hours, or 500 hours plus 500 humans killed etc. Just gotta be creative.

Would it help if deathclaws only had regular max 200 cc human movement speed and not more?

At the end of the day, I would really like to see this implemented. Playing a robot would be cool and I also think it makes sense to give a method for AR boost for mutants like robot.

Currently the only real future a Mutant has is to be rerolled..

Wrakx

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2015, 14:31 »
a mutant that becomes a robot and then a deathclaw? lol , that just sounds super dumb. forget about it.

Deathclaws are nice, i would maby want to see charisma based Deathclaw Lord who can tame deathclaws, .  but ye, im still laughin at this funny suggestion.

jammaplaya

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2015, 00:07 »
not really..

you unlock the option to play new skins, but that doesn't mean you have to use them if you have something against the skins (for whatever reason)

Mutants need an AR boost imo, so the robot skin would effectively allow for that.

Playing a mutant primarily for RP purposes is basically impossible here, unless you play a human character as well, because of the movement speed. So for players who are into RP the deathclaw skin was intended to be an endgame option for them to move at similar speeds as humans. Shouldn't the goal always be to add more endgame options for players?

Anything is possible and nothing is set in stone, so when you come into a persons suggestion thread just to call them dumb it looks bad on your community.

By the way... if you think the idea of a mutant becoming cybernetic and then somehow morphing into a deathclaw is so stupid, then why the fuck are you playing Fallout???? Sounds like some players here just have big hurt butts to me
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 00:16 by jammaplaya »

Boom

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2015, 00:09 »
for every 10 seconds u are logged in, u receive 20 maximum hp sound better for me   ::)

jammaplaya

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2015, 00:18 »
for every 10 seconds u are logged in, u receive 20 maximum hp sound better for me   ::)

You wont have enough stimpacks to stay full hp at that rate, try something a bit slower maybe ^^

Boom

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2015, 01:03 »

You wont have enough stimpacks to stay full hp at that rate, try something a bit slower maybe ^^

oh ok thats right, +20 Healing rate aswell

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2015, 04:23 »
Or you can just ask GM to give you skin, instead of wasting your life for a new skin.

My Youtube Channel
Fronte Renesco

jammaplaya

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2015, 05:48 »
just ask GM

I'd much rather earn it for myself

Noisy

• Contributor
  • Dreams dont work, unless you do
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2015, 07:41 »
I'd much rather earn it for myself

then do something productive and earn the right to ask it from GM :)
^_^ http://46.101.233.161/timers/display

There are no unsolvable problems.

Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm

jammaplaya

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2015, 08:13 »
lol I spent the first few months of the season basically handing out metal armor on my VC vendor so everyone would have more time to enjoy the new features, and I didn't do it for any reason except I had the time and was in the mood.

Sorry it just sounded like you are assuming that I haven't done anything productive here even though I play generally solo and always roll mutant.

If GM's will add any kind of skin reward tiers for in game conquest rewards automatically, then it will be a good thing for the playerbase. Then I don't have to ask anyone and me and all my friends can play here and be deathclaws or robots or whatever the fuck we want. No doubt.

More shit to advertise and then advertise it, why argue? This is solid gold, you can dig your teeth right into it.