Author Topic: Paint Store. Car Recolor System.  (Read 51659 times)

Kharon

• Dark
    • View Profile
Re: Paint Store. Car Recolor System.
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2015, 18:31 »

For example: masked decals added in new layer with overlapping mode. Rotated and used distorion for little perspective correction.
This one looks very good. The rest also look nice but they dont suit the Fallout enviroment too much imo.

Waffen

• Contributor
  • Only elite blyad
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2015, 19:22 »
Greenpeace edition with double bug catcher  :D

Riot_Trigger

• Твинк SыNа
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2015, 19:25 »

For example: masked decals added in new layer with overlapping mode. Rotated and used distorion for little perspective correction.
This one looks very good. The rest also look nice but they dont suit the Fallout enviroment too much imo.
The thing is on that picture not paint - this is the moss texture. Any examples of falloutish cars?

Feather

• Don't Panic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2015, 19:57 »
Feather you might want to try applying fallout pallete to make it look slightly better in the game.

Yeah, I was wondering, where could I find this infamous palette? Does some RGB values list of Fallout's colors exist somewhere?

skycast

• Administrator
  • Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2015, 20:21 »
http://falloutmods.wikia.com/wiki/Working_with_palettes
final pic must be in PNG with alpha background, soon game wont support blue bg as alpha channel.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 20:24 by skycast »

Riot_Trigger

• Твинк SыNа
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2015, 20:32 »

Some decals added and sharpness applyed.

SPECIAL

« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2015, 20:37 »
Spoiler
Greenpeace edition with double bug catcher  :D

Really good. I hope ur cars'll be in game.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2015, 20:47 »
Why is everyone doing the highwayman?

There are other vehicles you know

My Youtube Channel
Fronte Renesco

Riot_Trigger

• Твинк SыNа
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2015, 20:54 »
Why is everyone doing the highwayman?

There are other vehicles you know
Cos highwayman is easiest.

Feather

• Don't Panic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2015, 21:39 »
So, about that palette thing. I tried finding the fallout2.pal to download it and I failed. Used datexplorer and looked thru original master.dat, found a file called color.pal and extracted that one, since it was mentioned in the article Skycast posted.
I'm using GIMP atm, because I'm too poor for PS.
But even though it is said that GIMP supports .pal, it couldn't be imported. (Resulted in creating a 256 grayscale palette.)

Any chance someone can supply a readable .pal or .act file, or even better a .gpl, that contains all fallout colors?
I could create one from existing .frms or even screenshots, but then I'd probably never get the full range of colors that are used in Fallout.

In the meanwhile I dabbled with saturations, I think with the Hellbound edition it works ok, Thunderbolt just sucked so I won't post that here.

Spoiler

Riot_Trigger

• Твинк SыNа
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2015, 22:05 »
Spoiler
So, about that palette thing. I tried finding the fallout2.pal to download it and I failed. Used datexplorer and looked thru original master.dat, found a file called color.pal and extracted that one, since it was mentioned in the article Skycast posted.
I'm using GIMP atm, because I'm too poor for PS.
But even though it is said that GIMP supports .pal, it couldn't be imported. (Resulted in creating a 256 grayscale palette.)

Any chance someone can supply a readable .pal or .act file, or even better a .gpl, that contains all fallout colors?
I could create one from existing .frms or even screenshots, but then I'd probably never get the full range of colors that are used in Fallout.

In the meanwhile I dabbled with saturations, I think with the Hellbound edition it works ok, Thunderbolt just sucked so I won't post that here.

Spoiler

I found this link.
http://falloutmods.wikia.com/wiki/Pal_files
Some file for Gimp there.

Added:
Okay, it wasnt a file, just a list. I found screenshot of that palette in jpg format (why jpg??) so now I creating .act file for photoshop (not from picture - only from text data). When it will done - Ill post it here, hope that you find the way to convert file into GIMP format.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 22:31 by Riot_Trigger »

Waffen

• Contributor
  • Only elite blyad
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2015, 22:32 »
Oki, now Military Police car i mentioned above

Feather

• Don't Panic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2015, 22:35 »
Thanks! Wasn't exactly a downloadable file, but I figured it out and works just fine. :) (Save a text file as .gpl plain and simple^^)

Thunderbolt still looks terrible when I convert it into this palette (It just doesn't have enough shades of blue :( ), I'll try something else.

When I look at it, I see there actually ARE some pretty bright colors available, but since those are used so rarely in comparison to the dull grey and brown tones, they will always stand out and look unfitting, I'm afraid.
  :-\

« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 22:37 by Feather »

Waffen

• Contributor
  • Only elite blyad
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2015, 22:41 »
MP policecar ingame view:

Riot_Trigger

• Твинк SыNа
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2015, 22:42 »
Spoiler
Thanks! Wasn't exactly a downloadable file, but I figured it out and works just fine. :) (Save a text file as .gpl plain and simple^^)

Thunderbolt still looks terrible when I convert it into this palette (It just doesn't have enough shades of blue :( ), I'll try something else.

When I look at it, I see there actually ARE some pretty bright colors available, but since those are used so rarely in comparison to the dull grey and brown tones, they will always stand out and look unfitting, I'm afraid.
  :-\

Okay, thats very good. I tried to open palette file fith notepad and there was exactly same shit which I seen when opened some exe files :D Thanks to proprietary, Adobe !. Manual typing dont end, about 15% done :)

Added
Its done. Suddenly in list was only 254 colors. I have no idea why. Applying palette make plain areas more rough, than regular pngs, problems with opacity of pixels at border is gone now. Some sources will later.
Good news - my awesome "non-fallout" cars still same :) (last ones)
And, now I think I found where I lost 2 colors. Thanks for screen!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 00:54 by Riot_Trigger »