Poll

Do you think the Schengen area will be suspended, as proposed?

Yes.
0 (0%)
Yes, but with changes to the current plan.
4 (50%)
Unsure/No opinion.
2 (25%)
No.
2 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Germany Approves Military Aid in Syria; Possible 2 Year Closure of Schengen Area  (Read 2737 times)

Der Amerikaner

Germany's lower house of parliament has approved joining the military campaign against Islamic State in Syria.

Germany will send six Tornado reconnaissance jets, a frigate to help protect the French aircraft carrier Charles de Gaulle, refueling aircraft, and up to 1,200 military personnel to Syria, Reuters reported.

Of the 598 lawmakers who took part in the Friday vote, 445 voted for military action and 146 against. Seven members of parliament abstained.

The decision was put to parliament following an appeal from France which came after the November 13 terror attacks in Paris. Until now, Germany has provided only logistical and technical assistance to the international alliance fighting against IS.

The mission’s cost is estimated to reach about US$141.7 million.

Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu said on Friday that the German reconnaissance planes will soon arrive at Turkey's Incirlik air base.

Germany will not join in airstrikes, which are currently being launched by members of the US-led coalition, including Britain, France, and Australia. The UK began its airstrikes on Wednesday, just hours after the move was approved by parliament. The coalition has been conducting strikes against the terrorist group since August 2014.

Russia began its own airstrike campaign against IS at the end of September, just days after a speech by Russian President Vladimir Putin at the UN called for an international anti-terrorist effort in the country.

Syrian President Bashar Assad told Czech television on Wednesday that US airstrikes had not slowed IS, but that Russian bombing was doing so.

Original Article

End of Schengen? EU ministers consider suspension of free travel zone

SuperPolite

• Demand Growth = Hell Ticket
    • View Profile
Shengen not that much interesting as syria events, european  inland borders will not get closed because of muslims, that is for sure. If outer borders gona be closed/watched. It will be to prevent suspicious muslims(efficency questionable). Anyway, NATO or US inteligence is unable to detect most of the reasonable suspicious migrants, it has been proven by history several times. What they can do, is to refine private data and store them ;), not to use them :D.

Now to the Syria:

Russia has destroyed half of ISIS and rebels(?) sources in couple of weeks, wow, wow, US realy so much incompetent? They did not manage to do a shit for months? Well, probably they had a reason not to, please do not let me think American army is so much usless. What a waste of money spent on US military, triumph of incompetency, bunch of schoolboys driving tanks and piloting airplanes?

One more thing, if ISIS gona be cut off 80% sources in next month, it will take up to maybe 1 year to recover government in Syria? But what then? What agressor we gona fight in world? Where we gona find agressor worth to oppose? Any ideas? I would vote to invade United States of America as next country, they proven to be quite reliable agresor in past. Any ideas? ;)

EDIT: CMON, how could I not figure out ! Isreal, lets atack bad agressive jews after we are done with muslims :P

ISis -> ISrael -> ??? IStanbul?? -> what next? ISland?

sounds like a plan?

« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 02:18 by SuperPolite »

Looking for interesting ideas for cave maps, drawn and saved as bitmap(.bmp). I will pay 20 000 caps for good ones. Feel free to PM

Der Amerikaner

Shengen not that much interesting as syria events, european  inland borders will not get closed because of muslims, that is for sure. If outer borders gona be closed/watched. It will be to prevent suspicious muslims(efficency questionable). Anyway, NATO or US inteligence is unable to detect most of the reasonable suspicious migrants, it has been proven by history several times. What they can do, is to refine private data and store them ;), not to use them :D.

Now to the Syria:

Russia has destroyed half of ISIS and rebels(?) sources in couple of weeks, wow, wow, US realy so much incompetent? They did not manage to do a shit for months? Well, probably they had a reason not to, please do not let me think American army is so much usless. What a waste of money spent on US military, triumph of incompetency, bunch of schoolboys driving tanks and piloting airplanes?

One more thing, if ISIS gona be cut off 80% sources in next month, it will take up to maybe 1 year to recover government in Syria? But what then? What agressor we gona fight in world? Where we gona find agressor worth to oppose? Any ideas? I would vote to invade United States of America as next country, they proven to be quite reliable agresor in past. Any ideas? ;)

EDIT: CMON, how could I not figure out ! Isreal, lets atack bad agressive jews after we are done with muslims :P

ISis -> ISrael -> ??? IStanbul?? -> what next? ISland?

sounds like a plan?

Maybe people are just tired of being at war for over 14 years? Other than that, I think it was obvious that Russia would likely get involved at some point.

Though yes, there is a high level of incompetence considering the US spends more on their military than any other country in the world.

Doom Drum

• View Profile
Invading the US and Israel? That's not going to happen GT, Israel is "the most democratic country in the middle east, surrounded by anti-semite dictators!" they are the victims! And until the American people themselves do some house cleaning their government's actions will not change, for as we have learned from their example it is the people of the country in question that decides who will lead them, not other governments across the ocean, unfortunately I don't see that happening any time soon.

As for the EU, this just proves what a weak "union" it really is, as soon as there is a little pressure on the member states they all forget what they signed up for when they joined the EU.

SEGA_RUS

German soldiers just want to drink vodka in Syria  ;)

SuperPolite

• View Profile
Invading the US and Israel? That's not going to happen GT, Israel is "the most democratic country in the middle east, surrounded by anti-semite dictators!" they are the victims! And until the American people themselves do some house cleaning their government's actions will not change, for as we have learned from their example it is the people of the country in question that decides who will lead them, not other governments across the ocean, unfortunately I don't see that happening any time soon.

As for the EU, this just proves what a weak "union" it really is, as soon as there is a little pressure on the member states they all forget what they signed up for when they joined the EU.

Of course it was joke with those "denocratic" countriers. But it sounds like interestin scenario, doesn't it?

@Strong alliance:
It is also called nation, not striclty nationalism but surely patriotism ;) My country first, then others. Is that wrong?

Looking for interesting ideas for cave maps, drawn and saved as bitmap(.bmp). I will pay 20 000 caps for good ones. Feel free to PM

Feather

• Don't Panic!
    • View Profile
My country first, then others. Is that wrong?

In the long run – Yes.

SuperPolite

• View Profile
My country first, then others. Is that wrong?

In the long run – Yes.

Would you mind to elaborate?

SEGA_RUS

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Doom Drum

• View Profile

Of course it was joke with those "denocratic" countriers. But it sounds like interestin scenario, doesn't it?

@Strong alliance:
It is also called nation, not striclty nationalism but surely patriotism ;) My country first, then others. Is that wrong?

It is good to be a patriot but nationalism and the "My country first, then all others" mentality is not, especially for unions or alliances. If the EU members were to cooperate and assist each other as they would within their own state any problems could be managed significantly better and solved easier. If I'm not mistaken the whole purpose of a union is to build MUTUAL trust, prosperity and progress.

Sandloon

• View Profile
The US is incompetent on purpose. War breeds money. Also, the scarier the world is to most of the US the more they are willing to rely on the government to "protect" them, this is noted by the fact that we lose a small bit of our freedoms and our gun rights every day.

Honestly, Russia right now is looking like an actual powerhouse, I don't know what changed but they are starting to look like a better place to be every day. Which is sad to say, because I'm an American...

SuperPolite

• View Profile
I have seen this 25 minutes long russian report recently, not sure if it was posted already in these forums. But i have enjoyed those 25 minutes, listening to someone reasonable.

Good to be a patriot but nationalism and the "My country first, then all others" mentality is not, especially for unions or alliances. If the EU members were to cooperate and assist each other as they would within their own state any problems could be managed significantly better and solved easier. If I'm not mistaken the whole purpose of a union is to build MUTUAL trust, prosperity and progress.

Not even  local representatives can be trusted these days, do you have any idea how many groups might have their hands on someone in position of international influence? Somebody who gives directives in any part of economics? To progress, to prosper and to trust, those do not require any unification of power, those virtues are own to every country, but each of them is supposed to have own way. There is actualy nothing preventing mutual consensus and cooperation for two independent  neihgbours. They do not need to shift from two economics to one unified at some point of cooperation. Unification is political action and serves only one purpose, to concentrate power. I admit this might be desired for countries in decay or in danger, but what purpose it might have for european countries at this state of progress?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 21:40 by SuperPolite »

Doom Drum

• View Profile
I have seen this 25 minutes long russian report recently, not sure if it was posted already in these forums. But i have enjoyed those 25 minutes, listening to someone reasonable.

Good to be a patriot but nationalism and the "My country first, then all others" mentality is not, especially for unions or alliances. If the EU members were to cooperate and assist each other as they would within their own state any problems could be managed significantly better and solved easier. If I'm not mistaken the whole purpose of a union is to build MUTUAL trust, prosperity and progress.

Not even  local representatives can be trusted these days, do you have any idea how many groups might have their hands on someone in position of international influence? Somebody who gives directives in any part of economics? To progress, to prosper and to trust, those do not require any unification of power, those virtues are own to every country, but each of them is supposed to have own way. There is actualy nothing preventing mutual consensus and cooperation for two independent  neihgbours. They do not need to shift from two economics to one unified at some point of cooperation. Unification is political action and serves only one purpose, to concentrate power. I admit this might be desired for countries in decay or in danger, but what purpose it might have for european countries at this state of progress?

I understand that it's not as simple as I made it out to be in my previous post, and I admit I did color it black and white, which in reality it is absolutely not. While we continue to divide ourselves further and further into smaller and smaller countries we will always have rivalry or even conflict, considering our own people above those of our neighboring countries, what is wrong with unity? Why wouldn't we strive to consider all people of the planet as "our own" rather than just a few million out of 7 billion? But that's just my wishful thinking.

The EU's current refugee crisis is in great part it's own fault, or more specifically NATO's, why didn't any of those member states protest or leave the union when they decided to sabotage the economies not to mention completely destroy any form of infrastructure and peace in the middle eastern countries - Because it benefited them, now when they are beginning to feel the consequences they chicken out because it doesn't benefit them anymore and try to wall off the problem to their neighbors.

SuperPolite

• View Profile

While we continue to divide ourselves further and further into smaller and smaller countries we will always have rivalry or even conflict, considering our own people above those of our neighboring countries, what is wrong with unity? Why wouldn't we strive to consider all people of the planet as "our own" rather than just a few million out of 7 billion? But that's just my wishful thinking.

I don't realy need to cut off your idealism, but could you name a single reason why should i take care of a person, who  i won't ever interact, neither i know what he/she likes or what he/she might need? Localisation, that is not just word. If you feel like loving every human being in the world, you are wrong, you can't love 7 000 000 000 people.

In fact, civilised neighbours are not shooting each other, unless they are imbecils. For that purpose healthcare takes place, but not power. Realy, neihgbour is the last person(out of those 7 bilions)who will come to shoot you, unless you live in America. But America is just metacountry, americans does not know what nation is.