Author Topic: ⋆ Official resignation.  (Read 1030 times)

Lucek666

• View Profile
⋆ Official resignation.
« on: March 11, 2016, 20:12 »

Hello fellow Republicans!
I think that every of you know what accident happened to me. If not, check this. Well, I still feel the negative effects of my transformation, especially in mental context. My doctor tried to convince me that everything is ok, he tested my inteligence and said that is on average 6th level, but I feel that something is changed, my mind is like tangle of vipers, my thoughts hazy, I feel now emotions unknown for me before, it is obvious side effect of my transformation, it is my burden. For sure mutant can be president of NCR due to our democratic values and well known tolerance, for sure even retarded mutant can be leader of NCR and my mutated predecessors like president Glumer and regent Hubert are best example of that, but I do not take this risk, it would be stupid and arrogance, NCR is too advanced, complex and precious to be driven by leader with some lacks of health or reason, also with lack of sprit, becasue I can honestly say that I lost understanding for political games, I'm too tired of it, it is part of my past, but not part of me anymore, so yes, in the name of greater good I resign from position of President of NCR.

Chain of events was big suprise for me, so I do not have any ready summary of my presidency, especially that many things are in progress, many in the planning stage, but well, I need somehow sum up this time.
When I started my presidential work Republic was totally ruined, army demoralised and in disarray, treasury wasted, Capitol permanently raided, visitors threatened by thieves and other degenerates, reputation, ehh, what reputation... NCR as social, political or military being totally not existed, Capital was the most miserable point of map, community was the most powerless group on the Wasteland. It was harsh time for me as leader, it was time of harsh decisions. I know how many of these decisions was strange, how many peoples hated me for my approach, well, I never care about my personal reputation, everything what I done was based on reality and higher good, and now I can say that I not regret any decision, I did what I had to do and thanks to this now we can say about NCR like about something alive and perspective, not wasted and abandoned. Now, after 7 months of hard work, everything looks far different than in past, now after seven months of blood, sweat and tears, after seven months of pride and glory I can say that future is ours. Our current situation is good in all aspects, it is awesome base for my successors, awesome base for future reforms in political, military and economic context. It is first time when NCR is on so advanced point, it is first time when NCR community is so stable. I'm sure that this potential will be used for better future. Of course this is not only my merit, it is merit of all these people who have worked with me and supported me, who believed in Rebublic and who trusted me as a leader. I'm sure that Republic will not forget your effort, from my side I can say Thank you and ensure that I will also not forget.
It is obvious that I can't say that everything was good or that every good opportunity was used, it is not truth, for sure I will leave behind me big field for improvements and further reforms. These fails are nothing in context of our general success, but still, they can be good lesson for me and my successors. For sure time of harsh decisions and conservative approach slowly passes away, for sure less strict approach is needed to not repeat my mistakes, more innovative approach is needed to use good fruits of my past policy. Of course liberal and reformist approach can't means betrayal of our values, there is no NCR without values, behind this line is only abyss.
My head hurts unbearably, too many words for poor mutant, so I will slowly ending.
Well, fellow Republicans, good Wastelanders, for me it is time to say good bye, I hope that I will be remembered as the president who never betrayed the Republic and who was guided by higher good, also as a person who never betrayed fundamental values and common decency no matter how big pressure was related to my official function. I think my current decision about resignation only confirm my pure intentions and uncompromising approach to the good of Republic.

Someone can ask whats now, well, don't worry dear Republicans, we have procedures for this unusual situation. According to Document #22.04032016 paragraph "Emergency situations" current Vice President is obligated to take over the presidential position in order to preserve the continuity of authority. Vice President Knight Shift was aware of these provisions so I'm sure that he is always ready to carry this duty. Formally he becomes president from the moment of publication by me resignation, in practice from now. There is no reason for concern, Republic will last uninterrupted.
Vice President Knight Shift is very talented organizer and politician, to that more liberal and reformist than I am, so I am sure that he will provide the sustainable future for the Republic.

Good bye fellow Republicans. Good luck mr. President.

Lucek, President of New California Republic. Shady sands, 21.02.2274