Author Topic: Hungergames fix  (Read 1194 times)

jammaplaya

• View Profile
Hungergames fix
« on: March 27, 2016, 03:45 »
I've only played hungergames twice. First time I died right away.

Second time was today, I managed to stay alive until eventually it was just me and a team of like 5 people... Kind of lame. I didn't understand how the scoring worked until after the event. I went to xarsqopedia and discovered the final 15 get 1 token, while the absolute winner gets 5. Go figure, an extra token for each of the 5 people who were ganging up on everyone in there, and my only option really was to lay down and die lol..

anyways I thought of a solution that I believe makes the event a bit more balanced for all playstyles:

After 10 minutes: swarms of deathclaws enter the map attacking survivors

After 15 minutes: deathclaws continue coming, but also 'meteors' strike randomly all over the map in the form of high damage explosions.

After 20 minutes: deathclaws and meteor strikes continue, but now a poison gas cloud envelops the entire map, causing 60 damage every 5 seconds.

why I feel like this is balanced is because it basically means you need to gather supplies if you want to survive long enough to make it to the top spot. It doesn't mean you will be able to hide the entire time because you won't have enough supplies, and being in a team of 5 people doesn't really give you much of an advantage at this point either.

Thoughts?

Wesan

• Developer
  • The one who smiled.
    • View Profile
Re: Hungergames fix
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2016, 05:01 »
because you won't have enough supplies, and being in a team of 5 people doesn't really give you much of an advantage at this point either.

Thoughts?

Deathclaws were on hungergames before working on similiar manner. Simply putting. Been there, done that. Grouped up players have most resources from bodies and chests. And deathclaws resulted in actually helping bigger groups. They killed off stragglers that alone couldn't handle the beasts and sometimes they were using as tracking dogs.

Your suggestion was already in game and the result was completely opposite from the one you want.

jammaplaya

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2016, 05:19 »
hmm, interesting. I suppose the worst of it would be the ability to use the deathclaws to 'track' the opponents.

Although, I still think the other two parts of the suggestion are a viable fix. I realize that those who are teaming will be looting more corpses and thus getting more equipment, however they are also using more meds so it might end up balancing itself out if the poison/meteo effects come into play early enough.

Wesan

• Developer
  • The one who smiled.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2016, 12:01 »
5 people with 300 first aid means less med use than solo guy fighting with dc.

In best case scenario dc gets knocked out before he even gets to those five guys, disabling knocks? Makes it harder for solo player.

I had other system in. Deathclaws wandered and attacked only nearby people. Without whole map hunting down. It didn't change a thing.

jammaplaya

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2016, 18:38 »
Forget about deathclaws. Keep the 'meteor' explosions. Keep the poison cloud.

Also:

Disable players ability to heal other players during hunger games.
Disable players ability to trade with other players.
Disable players ability to drop items on the ground.
Delete meds automatically from a players inventory when they die.

This pretty much forces people to spread out and go for loot crates.

Feather

• Don't Panic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2016, 18:56 »

These 2 would only work as intended if the loot boxes only are accessible to the person who opened them and stuff could only be taken from containers but not put into them.

In any case, none of this will discourage big teams, they will just change their setup of characters accordingly.

jammaplaya

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2016, 19:19 »

These 2 would only work as intended if the loot boxes only are accessible to the person who opened them and stuff could only be taken from containers but not put into them.

In any case, none of this will discourage big teams, they will just change their setup of characters accordingly.

True about the loot boxes, disabling the ability to put loot into them is essential to cancel any trading.

And I don't really want to discourage big teams at all, I'm simply trying to give an alternative to the scenario where if you are not in a big team, your only option is to lay down and die.

With these changes, a solo player at least has the option to try and survive as long as he/she can, and there is a chance that they will outlast their opponents. It's still more likely that a team of 5 is going to win, because they have 5 players compared to 1, but at least there's a possibility for the solo player to win.

by the way, your car paints are the best ^^ thanks for that.