Author Topic: Mappers Wanted!!! For the Van Buren Project.  (Read 1984 times)

LT_Jones

• View Profile
Mappers Wanted!!! For the Van Buren Project.
« on: May 28, 2016, 14:38 »
We are making Black Isle/Interplay’s cancelled Fallout 3: Van Buren and we require mappers to help us complete the remaining locations.

So if you know how to use FOnline’s Mapper and are dedicated and want to get your work into Van Buren: A Fallout RPG Adventure, contact me here or message us on our Facebook page, link below.

https://www.facebook.com/f3vanburen

Or if you have maps you’ve already made which we can adapt, feel free to post a pic of them here and we will contact you.
All the people involved in the project work for free and the game/mod will be given away for free, we do it for a love of the Fallout games.

No time-wasters please, we’ve had enough mapping volunteers who did absolutely nothing to help out.

Thanks,

The VB Team.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 19:03 by LT_Jones »

Wesan

• Developer
  • The one who smiled.
    • View Profile
Re: Mappers Wanted! One exclaimation is enough.
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2016, 20:19 »
Hello there. I got curious about screenshot. Can I ask about it?

Is it just me or this tube tunnel looks more like original xcom than fallout 2 style? IT's so clean compared to everything else.

Those lockers randomly placed look bad. You're telling me someone pushed them off without flipping them? Or some earthquake happened that moved them around?

This blue something is Paint spray effect on picture? It's not real water right? I mean it's not used in map?

No time-wasters please, we’ve had enough mapping volunteers who did absolutely nothing to help out.

I know your feeling people. Wish you luck with some new blood.

xsarq

• View Profile
Re: Mappers Wanted!!! For the Van Buren Project.
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2016, 20:28 »
Not to mention:

>>> Rusty Elavator
>>> Grey Elevator Doors.

Yeah Riki's probably rolling around in his Mapper's Grave.
Xsarqopedia has been fully replaced with Official Wiki. You can expect the newest updates to be added on official wiki just like at old times.

Wesan

• Developer
  • The one who smiled.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2016, 20:41 »
He's not. Thankfully he's too drunk to check the forum.

LT_Jones

• View Profile
Re: Mappers Wanted! One exclaimation is enough.
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2016, 20:54 »
Hello there. I got curious about screenshot. Can I ask about it?

Is it just me or this tube tunnel looks more like original xcom than fallout 2 style? IT's so clean compared to everything else.

Those lockers randomly placed look bad. You're telling me someone pushed them off without flipping them? Or some earthquake happened that moved them around?

This blue something is Paint spray effect on picture? It's not real water right? I mean it's not used in map?

I know your feeling people. Wish you luck with some new blood.

It is a work in progress with alpha art which isn't finished and like your observation about the lockers, we'll get new ones built to lie on the ground :) the water is just a test its not final.

Wesan

• Developer
  • The one who smiled.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2016, 20:59 »
You can use base ocean tiles to get better water.

LT_Jones

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2016, 21:03 »
Not to mention:

>>> Rusty Elavator
>>> Grey Elevator Doors.

Yeah Riki's probably rolling around in his Mapper's Grave.

We did get an amazing mapper to help out but he disappeared as well, his maps were awesome but unfortunately he done none for us :( his name was similar to the one you've typed, he was really good but it wouldn't be my place to say who he was.

xsarq

• View Profile
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 23:22 by xsarq »
Xsarqopedia has been fully replaced with Official Wiki. You can expect the newest updates to be added on official wiki just like at old times.

LT_Jones

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2016, 23:38 »
Im posting for people who want to work on a fallout project, the guy you're referring to is an amazing mapper, he's shown me maps even better than the ones you posted, I can post them up if you want to see them. He's gifted that's for sure :)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 23:40 by LT_Jones »