Author Topic: Tech Progression Enhancement  (Read 3817 times)

jammaplaya

• View Profile
Tech Progression Enhancement
« on: October 17, 2016, 13:20 »
Hi,

this suggestion is for a slight change to the way tech progression works.

The idea is, for each time that new tech is unlocked, there should also be an event that goes along with it.

My thoughts are that the event type could be basically a 'zombie survival'

It opens on the world map at a special location.

The entire playerbase can enter.

The hordes of ghouls will be massive, and they will be strong.

All hordes must be eliminated before the tech is unlocked, and certain lockers all over the map will be unlocked for prizes for those involved.

I also think it would be cool that, if everyone fails, the event will close, and tech will not be unlocked for another chance the next week.

Thoughts on this?

Marshu

• BBS
    • View Profile
Re: Tech Progression Enhancement
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 13:51 »
Well it's bullshit suggestion... The idea to get the tech progression by doing sth, not just for nothing maybe is not bad, but it's not the walking dead series but Fallout. And if it wouldn't have any logical background, it's bullshit suggestion. Zombies? No.
Getting tech progress upgraded by completing some quest/challange - individually for each player, or maybe possible to do by gangs/groups (ofc after some time it's globally unlocked), why not if only devs get some time to do it.
I will rape your bases. And butts.

jammaplaya

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2016, 21:42 »
Well it's bullshit suggestion... The idea to get the tech progression by doing sth, not just for nothing maybe is not bad, but it's not the walking dead series but Fallout. And if it wouldn't have any logical background, it's bullshit suggestion. Zombies? No.
Getting tech progress upgraded by completing some quest/challange - individually for each player, or maybe possible to do by gangs/groups (ofc after some time it's globally unlocked), why not if only devs get some time to do it.

Well, 'zombie survival' is just a general term for a type of event.

That said, I'm talking about ghouls, which are as 'fallout' as it gets.

Try to imagine this event is that the entire community discovers a secret military facility where they store blueprints for the new tech and some of the weapons/armor that the blueprints are for. IE the new tech level. Once the ghouls are 'cleared' us wastelanders get the blueprints and weapons, and from there, one can assume that the different factions like raiders and other gangs would benefit from trickle-down and make some realistic sense as to why they suddenly have boosted gear.

This is just an attempt at bringing realism to tech progression and also a sense of earning that might help the community and the general population level long term.

BB.

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2016, 22:38 »
Thoughts on this?
Stop posting on the forum.

jammaplaya

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2016, 22:54 »
I lived by the troll sword, now I'm dying by the troll sword.

Of laughter. Dying of laughter. ha ha hahaaaaurghk!!! :o

Alexander

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2016, 00:49 »
You're not a troll, you're just retarded.
Community: When is the wipe?

Wesan: Not anytime soon

jammaplaya

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2016, 01:26 »
God, grant these fools the serenity to accept the things they cannot troll,
Courage to troll the things they can,
And wisdom to know the difference.

SPECIAL

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2016, 02:37 »
U understood it too late, dude.

jammaplaya

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2016, 06:53 »
U understood it too late, dude.

Oh yeah?? OH YEAH?? well,

YOU'RE SPECIAL!!

can't even argue with that, my good man

Freeaccount

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2016, 07:07 »
Calm down, girls. Simulator was built for such dramas (also you can type "yo mama" jokes there!) :P

And Tech-system is damn perfect for now.

jammaplaya

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2016, 07:34 »
Calm down, girls. Simulator was built for such dramas (also you can type "yo mama" jokes there!) :P

And Tech-system is damn perfect for now.

By saying 'for now' it makes it seem like you actually think it's a less than perfect system.

And I agree, it seems odd to me that someone says 'ok tech unlocked' on forums and that's all there is to it.

If Fonline2 is supposed to be a pvp simulator with no attempt at realism, they aren't doing a great job in the sense that there are so many other systems that are realistic. Yet the playerbase seems to have the opinion that realism or at least basic storyline are a sin.

It would be helpful to newcomers to post what the official stance is on this instead of simply allowing the playerbase to troll any and all ideas outside of 'get to max tech level as quickly as possible by pressuring developers and that's all there is to it'

Freeaccount

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2016, 08:28 »
I sincerely think , some basic tech have to be well known around wasteland (people with some decent knowledge of mechanics and physics can create some kind of Zip Gun or even revolver due to their primitive schematics) and some tech have to be available only for most skillfull ones, cause you know, it's impossible to create laser pistol with only metal parts and a few broken calculators and without knowledge of how that damn thing should work. More advanced tech can be found in some  places, kept untouched since Pre-War times in form of blueprints or Ready-to-use item, that can be dissasembled to get important knowledge of inner schematics blah blah blah.

That's my thoughts, t1-2-3-4 should be well known around wasteland only in case of much founded samples and not by punching  devs from lazy players :P

dskpnk

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2016, 14:07 »
In my point of view tech was good but not well spaced through the session. (we fight in leather like 2 weeks, but we stays in metal MKII almost 8 mounths)

I always been against a wipe, but i have to assume that the session start to get boring (everyone have everything they need, some unusable T4, characters, bases, vehicules, decorations, skins, implants) and for me it's the end, we can't advance anymore all tiers unlock, all char caped only interest is to farm more T4 that nobody use, cause defending is T4 is being sandwitched by gangs and looted by fast running rats, attacking with T4 grant a 100% win and enemy ragequit=>end of actions.
+ I think entering now the session could be pretty hard for newcomers gangs, not enought dungeons, big gangs can be everywhere so almost all T3 is gathered by biggest gangs smashing metal armored guys with full CA MKII implanted characters or T4 surpise attacks. (put new maps of simulator in the waste as warehouse like dungeons)

So my suggestion :

- Session as been good for aprox 2 years, so change the values in order to have a 2 years long linear tech progession based on time and not on players. (24/3tiers = 6to8 mounths for general tech upgrade of each tiers, so now we should start T4 time with more common T4 and robot armors/plasma gatling parts start to appears).
- HKCaws in T3 => recipes and HGS
- Fuel MKII or improved flamer in T3
- Fire dmg to molotov, and balance unused plasma grenades.
- Desert/navy armors, why we don't see them ?
- Need a small burst energy weapon T2&3, no idea how maybe magneto laser pistol and plasma pistols extended could have burst mod like a glock (magneto laser pistols like a 10mm smg for t2, and extended plasma pistol like p90 for t3.
- Balance T4 if you wana continue session to it and make it longer, simulators fights reveals that T4 fights are not really fun/balanced and in the waste T4 kind of blocking actions of server.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 14:27 by dskpnk »
For Glory And Lulz

Mike Torello

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2016, 15:08 »
Agreed with dskpnk all.
Also my opinion on T4 guns/armor/parts is that shoul'd be "diablo best item" rare and in time close to wipe, unlock possibility to find them.U can't hold thrill in session last this long w/o additional content every month or so.But since devs are against wipe, idk.Interesting to see what will happen.

O yea, removing lvl cap will be nice to extend some thrill.
an action comitted in anger is an action doomed to failure.
Genghis Khan

John Name

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2016, 16:53 »
Remove tier 4 from the game=less tier 4 =less ragequits because of tier 4 swarms=more actions with less crying over gear difference=win?