Author Topic: Introducing: Barrel events!  (Read 1278 times)

jammaplaya

• View Profile
Introducing: Barrel events!
« on: December 18, 2016, 13:09 »
Ok, so. Barrel events is an idea I had for a mini-event that could be activated by players.

How it works:

Empty barrels are placed in certain areas inside of un-guarded* towns.

A player will use the barrel, and the barrel becomes a flaming barrel.

The light from the barrel will attract nasty ghouls and other creatures to the location in waves, and they will attack any players that are nearby.

After the event is complete, the barrel will not be able to be activated again for 'x' amount of time.

That's basically all you need to know about barrel events! The amount of mobs, type of mobs, number of waves, and if there is or isn't a boss at the end with a chance to drop nice loot is up to the programmer. Each barrel will have a specific event tied to it.

Thoughts? I don't know anything about coding, especially with regards to what is or isn't possible with fallout online, so let me know if this is an easy thing to do or not! ty!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 21:34 by jammaplaya »

xsarq

• View Profile
Re: Introducing: Barrel events!
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2016, 14:53 »
That's...actually pretty cool idea.

+1
Xsarqopedia has been fully replaced with Official Wiki. You can expect the newest updates to be added on official wiki just like at old times.

jammaplaya

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2016, 04:47 »
That's...actually pretty cool idea.

+1

Yes! TY! I love this idea, it would be nice!

I think it was on 2238 where you were able to dig graves for random items lost on the wasteland, and so I spent time in redding farming those graves.

That's when I came up with this idea, so every once in a while the barrel would be ready similar to the graves, and it would bring some extra non-faction PvP to the game. But some barrels could be much longer timer between activations than those graves were, and they would have the better loot chance ;)

Warpig

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2016, 13:59 »
+1 Events triggered by players. There can be many things happening in the world triggered by certain player activities.

For example PVE mutant attack on random town after some group enters mariposa by bomb and shit like that.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 14:13 by Warpig »

Wesan

• Developer
  • The one who smiled.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2016, 17:51 »
Such thing cannot happen in guarded towns of out many reasons. Hell. Let's play minigame and make community state some of the obvious ones. Go!~

jammaplaya

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2016, 21:33 »
Such thing cannot happen in guarded towns of out many reasons. Hell. Let's play minigame and make community state some of the obvious ones. Go!~

unguarded* lol

is what i meant :P

Hazard

• Nothing to see here, move on
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2016, 22:32 »

unguarded* lol

is what i meant :P

+1
Musashi be like:

)
°)
 ͡°)
ʖ ͡°)
 ͜ʖ ͡°)
° ͜ʖ ͡°)
 ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Someone said loot? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)