Author Topic: Crafting Bonuses in Towns (Random is god though so no 100% accurate info OH NO)  (Read 1046 times)

Boon

• View Profile
Updated.

asdfghjkl
Wasteland is still harsh.
Plasma Rifle is overpowered.
H&K CAWS is overpowered.

Wesan

• Developer
  • The one who smiled.
    • View Profile
I've dug into it again and from my understanding, it is 20% for the item to be statted.
It becomes 22% in unguarded town.
Looking at the results from your crafting I agree it has to be improved. I'll raise it a bit (most probably ~26% ) with the next update.

Overall it should change the number of items without bonuses. We'll see how things will go.

Ronillon

• Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
I've dug into it again and from my understanding, it is 20% for the item to be statted.
It becomes 22% in unguarded town.
Looking at the results from your crafting I agree it has to be improved. I'll raise it a bit (most probably ~26% ) with the next update.

Overall it should change the number of items without bonuses. We'll see how things will go.

May I ask? Do you mean: Protected: 20%  Unsafe: 26%
Or just flat 26% for all places?

Honestly, Im not sure, whether I will bother traveling up north for mere 5% better chance. I sure did not even considered it on 2%.

Making it 20% vs 30-35% and tie it to town ownership by gang might be interesting. Then again, it might be dangerous for game balance...
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 16:23 by Ronillon »
Men look at breasts the way women look at babies. 'Aw, isn't that lovely.' - Dylan Moran

Wesan

• Developer
  • The one who smiled.
    • View Profile
For unsafe.

And well. There are people that will bother. But still, it won't become a must.

Ronillon

• Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
For unsafe.

And well. There are people that will bother. But still, it won't become a must.

Cool, thanks for clarification. It is also good to see that the bonus is a reality and not just a play of random god.

EDIT: Actually now thinking about it, while the difference between 20% chance and 26% chance to craft with bonuses seems small, it actually means you get 30% more items with bonuses in the unprotected towns. That seems well worth it when crafting dozens or more pieces.

Can you give us at least general idea when said patch is supposed to hit?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 17:48 by Ronillon »
Men look at breasts the way women look at babies. 'Aw, isn't that lovely.' - Dylan Moran

Wesan

• Developer
  • The one who smiled.
    • View Profile
Less than 2 weeks. Before or at weekend with good winds.