Author Topic: Rollback situation  (Read 895 times)

Napalm

• View Profile
Rollback situation
« on: June 05, 2018, 02:56 »
Devs,

What you guys can do about people who recently start the game. We have ppl in our faction who start some weeks ago, and they get chars around 50 level and stuffs. Probably many people in same situation. What can you do to help a bit this guys. A free reroll can happens? If yes at least we give for  this guys some books. And organize everything again. Or great xp events, later.

My point basicly is: Rollback come to fix server problems, but bring problems for players (specially for new ones), how it can be fixed or minimized?

« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 03:02 by Napalm »

Boon

• View Profile
Re: Rollback situation
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 06:11 »
It would be really cool if we new guys could also get some free power armor, because this rollback will take us new players back to few weeks ago nothing.
We deserve this think it could really help new players as they won't have any armor now. If you do this we will give few SS to our new players.
Wasteland is still harsh.
Plasma Rifle is overpowered.
H&K CAWS is overpowered.

Pyra

• TNE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 09:30 »
It would be really cool if we new guys could also get some free power armor, because this rollback will take us new players back to few weeks ago nothing.
We deserve this think it could really help new players as they won't have any armor now. If you do this we will give few SS to our new players.

You won... :D

Devs,

What you guys can do about people who recently start the game. We have ppl in our faction who start some weeks ago, and they get chars around 50 level and stuffs. Probably many people in same situation. What can you do to help a bit this guys. A free reroll can happens? If yes at least we give for  this guys some books. And organize everything again. Or great xp events, later.

My point basicly is: Rollback come to fix server problems, but bring problems for players (specially for new ones), how it can be fixed or minimized?

Well... yeah, many of us waste time in game to gather stuff and xp chars, since the rollback all will be lost...  Of course We don't blame none for such situation. :)
But in my opinion best solution for it would be double XP and loot drop... Fair enough probably.  :-*

Lucek666

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2018, 09:58 »
This rollback is not about reverting server to march or april, just to last days of may, so really, dont panic. Most likely as usual in such situations we get some period of boosted xp and/or loot spawn after rollback, so we get back pixels and levels in no time. I'm sure that new players (and whole rest) can easily handle this unexpected problem.

Szelus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2018, 11:14 »
Sooo there was a rollback? To which state? Because I had no time to play lately and I don't want to look for my chars/cars all over WM :)

Boon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2018, 11:22 »
It was posted on Discord.

Wasteland is still harsh.
Plasma Rifle is overpowered.
H&K CAWS is overpowered.

Wesan

• Developer
  • The one who smiled.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2018, 11:41 »
I don't really see a reason to panic. We always negated downtime by giving some bonuses. They won't be free rerolls of course, but I'm quite sure there will be an Exp boost at least.

Don't see how giving anything else to fresh blood would be helpful as it just tears ability to learn the game from them and does not prepare for the difficulty you have to grow trough.

It's not the end of the world. We had worse issues than this one. What exactly happened was the engine hardcoded value of date that we get by using __Fullsecond became too big too fast. It should've of never happened as it could be running to date like 2032 or so easily. That's what everyone thought. But surprisingly it doesn't work the way as everyone assumed. If you open the time you'll find out that date has an x20 multiplier. So time goes x20 faster, this value gets bigger x20 times faster so ultimately few years were enough to grow into a monster of a number with that speed multiplier. That way it became too big number for integer32 - which is used in for example in hardcoded value storage of glow keycard item first, then became too big to be used in time events.

[086:06:00:689] Script callback: Calc: FullSecond 2154080215 Year 2314 Month 4 Day 6 Hour 11 Minute 36 Second 55 DayOfWeek 1 : test : void test4(Critter&inout, int, int, int) : 13692, 1 : FOServer::Process_Command : Wesan.

Here is how big it became on Monday if someone's curious. (2154080215)
Despite this there are as always some conspiracy theories shoveled around by idiots, just ignore them like flat-earthers.

gladwin

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2018, 13:34 »
Most likely as usual in such situations we get some period of boosted xp and/or loot spawn after rollback, so we get back pixels and levels in no time. I'm sure that new players (and whole rest) can easily handle this unexpected problem.

I know atleast one who RQ from game because of it. He spend a lot of time selling, gathering and making stuff. Also know dude who got bozar from enemy, someone got 2 mari bomb, zergs lose PA, etc etc. It isnt that much about pixels but about actions, looting, effort put in game and happines which turn Into being meaningless.

That is Why players got angry, i Personaly got 2Kk and i know i have Lost it. It isnt anyone fault and blaming devs is shitty behavior. Even with better loot getting 2kk or in some cases even 5kk isnt something thst easy.

So no, majority of us will not get this stuff in no time because we simple spend time we had and have no more of it to grind for another week.

Fantastic

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2018, 13:53 »
Unfortunately there's nothing that can be done about rolled back loot, it's just something you have to accept, how shitty it may be.

gladwin

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2018, 14:04 »
Wasteland is harsh.

Lucek666

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2018, 14:06 »
So no, majority of us will not get this stuff in no time because we simple spend time we had and have no more of it to grind for another week.
I understand your feelings. I back to game after break few days before this engine bug, looted/bought some nice pixels, got xp, even cleaned my base a bit what is most shit thing to do, and now I have no idea if I will have enough time to play after rollback to revert my loss fast. But thats not first time when such problems happening and as history shows we all were able to deal with that and look, majority of us is still here.

gladwin

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2018, 14:12 »
I am just pointing out Why players are upset. I will prolly go in my APA, die in v15 and make break Till the end of madness. After that, we will see.  As i stated wasteland is harsh, game code even harsher

druto

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2018, 15:39 »
the earth is flat

gladwin

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2018, 16:01 »
the earth is flat
Eh, They brainwashed you...
Do you really believe in ,,Earth,,?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 23:50 by gladwin »

C.H.A.R.L.I.E

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2018, 16:53 »
What exactly happened was the engine hardcoded value of date that we get by using __Fullsecond became too big too fast.

thats the servers way of saying its time for wipe!