Author Topic: Memories.  (Read 295 times)

LagMaster

• May The Lag be with you!!!
    • View Profile
Memories.
« on: June 13, 2018, 22:18 »
Hei guys, I am back...

again...

and no, I do not think I will stay this time...

Is just.... It was so long ago that I've started to play this mod, back then I was a kid, obsessed with Fallout online idea and I remembered how I was and compared with what I am.

I still remember the time FO2238 servers shut down.

If you have memories with me, good or bad, share them here, I want to remember. And after a couple, I will tell and show you how I am now and what I am.
Remember skycast and Rascal, abusing power never ends well.

John Name

• Nothing unreal exists
    • View Profile
Re: Memories.
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 23:50 »
Spoiler
DonĀ“t think I ever met you in game dude, but judging by your forum persona you seem like a cool guyl Good luck with your reminiscing man :)

Edit-Pardon me for going on about my own memories in your little memorabilia post but imma share the best 1 v 1 duel I have ever had in FO2.

Me on Ol Dirty Bastard(survival implant,medic,stonewall,fastmet) vs QueenOfRabbits(speed implant,medic,stonewall,fast met)

We were going tit for tat in some early fights, he would kill me, then I would kill him and yadayada, but then this super epic drag out brawl happens where we are hexing each other FOR AGES and cos of me having survival I was able to survive a hex then first aid then get hexed, eat a stim and get hexed again and survive, and thanks to him having speed I was unable to catch up to him when I had him on the ropes after some hexes, we both must have fixed our armors at least twice during that duel and alot of legwork was involved running into and around tents and whatnot, it happened AT LEAST 5 times in the duel that we shot each other into -hp only to get up because of fast met and keep fighting, at the end of the fight I had a slight upperhand and because his armor was busted to shit I was able to shoot him into -hp and with 40 bullets in my gun and 6 hp I clicked him and I swear to god the burst animation got cancelled because of a super stim withdrawal which put me down to 0 hp.....................I was laughing so hard and rabbit sounded really confused like he thought I was laughing at him, then when his fast met got him on his feet he was all: "What happened?!?!?!?"  It was genuinely difficult for me to explain to him that I got killed by a super stim on account of not being able to stop laughing, in between bouts of laughter I think I said:"hhaahehhehehheheeoohohohoho super stim muhahahahahahhaha"

I think at that moment me and Rabbit instantly formed some unspoken bond that has stayed strong ever since then :D

Again sorry for the "off topic" but I really felt like sharing and I did not feel like making my own post when yours serves the same purpose :D 
Maybe invite players to share their memories here as well?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 01:23 by John Name »
"Fuck literature"-Ernest Hemingway

Dribare

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 12:55 »
I remember dead bodies in hell, and bluesuits trying to escape dual minigun turret... Ive seen things you newbies wouldnt believe, 5 waves of fast relog at broken hills, buying nd selling caravans, stealing stuff from hinkley, doing bj for5 dolla in reno,  destrying economy with just one boy and tons of fruits... all this gone like abuses of the past. TLA 2008 2009, 2238 2009-fin, fo2 beta until now, where we will go? I look into bright future of fonline.

BB.

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 16:28 »
Back in 2238 we did TC in Junktown, killed all of the NPCs (yes, all of them, including the last 1000xp two). Good old times.

BoneBreaker

• Fun is all that matters.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2018, 18:04 »
I remember dead bodies in hell, and bluesuits trying to escape dual minigun turret... Ive seen things you newbies wouldnt believe, 5 waves of fast relog at broken hills, buying nd selling caravans, stealing stuff from hinkley, doing bj for5 dolla in reno,  destrying economy with just one boy and tons of fruits... all this gone like abuses of the past. TLA 2008 2009, 2238 2009-fin, fo2 beta until now, where we will go? I look into bright future of fonline.
Spoiler

Funny thing. Yesterday I've noticed Fallout 2 is 20 years old and randomly made a monologue at MR MC discord channel. I might as well post it here:

BoneBreaker - Yesterday at 20:45
fallout 2 is 20 years old p_p
im so old i remember playing it not long after it came out
a friend of mine bought paper game magazine with full version of fallout 2 on cd
i copied the cd at my other friends house living in another city, much older than me
having a cd burner back then was a big thing
i remember seeing fallout gameplay for the first time at my friends house
he went to klamath and it was nighttime
i think he attacked someone or pissed of some character
and the whole city attacked him
i remember sulik thrusting him with his hammer
then we played this game for so long
couple years at least
i had so slow pc at the time (100MHz cpu)
that moving on worldmap was taking ages
i had to save everytime in encounter when i managed not to die
highwaymen and robbers between den and vault city were the worst
they would kill me most of the time
i remember endless conversations about the game with my friend who were also playing it
*friends
it was 4 of us
we learned a lot of english vocabulary while playing this game
we were playing original english version ofc
but without that european patch which removed kids from the game
i remember how this game was questioning our morality at the time
we havent played any other game before that would let us kill children, dig graves or have sex
become a slaver, use drugs and be the bad guy
i remember that this older friend of mine who were a college student at the time and i was in primary school
copied this game for himself too
because he liked the ideas and the freedom of choices this game offered
Nero - Yesterday at 21:06
Nostalgia evening?
BoneBreaker - Yesterday at 21:06
it was random :'D
i just noticed fallout 2 being released in 1998
and we have 2018 now
and im still playing this game in some way
fonline being mmo has even more to do with that freedom of choice
you can be good or bad
but you are not hurting npcs anymore, but other people
i still remember my early pvp
not sure if it was in some other mmo or 2238 or maybe even fonline at first
when i was the pray getting hunted
kick of adrenaline, my heart beating like i was really fighting for my life
:'D
it went away with time ofc
now im a cold blooded killer :F
i remember i was playing a loner in 2238, which was 100 times harder and more grindful than in fonline
i was afraid of every interaction with other players cause they would always attack and kill me
and even when i was stronger than someone i never thought about attacking him cause it was morally wrong :'D
some time later in fonline i still considered "pks" as some bad ppl ruining the game for others
that's why i joined mr mc :'D
to fight them

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2018, 03:26 »
I remember we did some PvE back in 2238 and then we got raped by that jerk named Yaz or Yoz some bullshit like that lol

My Youtube Channel
Fronte Renesco

Nick

• Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2018, 17:05 »
Uhmmm, the whole fo 2238? Are those enough memories?
Spoiler
C88's enemy when they meet us

xsarq

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2018, 22:37 »
Sure i remember. I was stealing vertibirds and obtaining Plasma Torches like a Boss.
https://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,28513.0.html
https://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,28895.0.html
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 22:39 by xsarq »
Xsarqopedia has been fully replaced with Official Wiki. You can expect the newest updates to be added on official wiki just like at old times.