Author Topic: Adding people to tents  (Read 1162 times)

Reaven1911

• View Profile
Adding people to tents
« on: June 16, 2018, 20:10 »
A couple other FOnline servers had the ability to add people to your tent via fireplace. Would make a lot of world maps neater and would be really useful with the re-roll books.

Lucek666

• View Profile
Re: Adding people to tents
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2018, 20:49 »
Tent is most cheap and basic kind of shelter and of course have some limitations, but generally it is good balanced with rest of bases. It is similiar to vehicles, basically not all can take same ammount of ppl or loot into trunk.

https://forum.fonline2.com/index.php?topic=3265.msg33945#msg33945 kek

Reaven1911

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2018, 22:55 »

druto

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2018, 11:24 »
devs could just rip the tent system from 2238 (or reloaded) source, it has everything already. u can make a map item and give it to players and they will see the location from then (until tent is deleted).

people opposing this suggestion can't come up with valid arguments so ignore them.

Lucek666

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2018, 14:53 »
Thing is that devs had few years to listen suggestions like that and borrow or invent something similiar to tents from 2238, but they didnt. Instead of that they maked system with bigger role of bases and with tents as something really basic and limited. And thats work ok, even if is different than on other servers.
If you want to improve that then you need something more than just "lets rip 2238". Biggest problem of this suggestion is exactly lack of valid arguments, but thats not about opposition, just about these who making and support it.

Brightside

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2018, 15:36 »
devs could just rip the tent system from 2238 (or reloaded) source, it has everything already. u can make a map item and give it to players and they will see the location from then (until tent is deleted).

people opposing this suggestion can't come up with valid arguments so ignore them.
Ye, let's rip all systems from 2238, it has everything already. We can also rename server from FOnline 2 to FOnline: 2238 and give client download URL to players and they will play it (until wipe)

Diesel Power / Leut. of Justice / Motorcycle Cop / Turbo Killer / Claw Operator / Your Loadstar

csab3sz

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2018, 16:52 »
don't mind the man above me, he has severe case of autism.

let me start with one valid arguement why this suggestion would be good:

Tents that were FULLY EMPTY (Not a single item) and weren't visited for more than a year and a half were deleted to empty up server's memory.

Brightside

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2018, 17:27 »
don't mind the man above me, he has severe case of autism.
May be may be. But I hope my case is not more severe than your.

let me start with one valid arguement why this suggestion would be good:

Tents that were FULLY EMPTY (Not a single item) and weren't visited for more than a year and a half were deleted to empty up server's memory.
It's not an argument. I'm sure players (including me) would prefer to have tent as safe place which they can use to store and to share stuff across chars and which doesn't require any multi-window gameplay. It could work same as bases but be like light version of base (without many parking lots and without possibility to add a lot of chars and so on).
Diesel Power / Leut. of Justice / Motorcycle Cop / Turbo Killer / Claw Operator / Your Loadstar

druto

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2018, 18:00 »
Ye, let's rip all systems from 2238, it has everything already.
finally

邪悪

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2018, 18:24 »
I agree with Brightside, fo2 devs shoulds delete tents, bases, TC, locations on worldmap and worldmap itself, XP, levels, SPECIAL system, skills, traits, perks, inventory, items, full drop, trading, ability to do PvP and PvE, tagging, exit grids and all combat mechanics, because FOnline: 2238 had it all.

Alexander

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2018, 18:40 »
What the fuck are you guys even on about this quote?;

Tents that were FULLY EMPTY (Not a single item) and weren't visited for more than a year and a half were deleted to empty up server's memory

The server was crashing constantly, this was a dev decision to remove them because they were of no value.

Tents are useless without parking lots, and for the sake of just dropping loot and regearing, you usually always end up at a base. Sure, it’s nice to have tents because then you can park at the random red dot and have a safe place, or even be right next to a dungeon, but such feature is limiting.
Community: When is the wipe?

Wesan: Not anytime soon

Brightside

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2018, 19:10 »
Tents are useless without parking lots, and for the sake of just dropping loot and regearing, you usually always end up at a base. Sure, it’s nice to have tents because then you can park at the random red dot and have a safe place, or even be right next to a dungeon, but such feature is limiting.
Sure, you live in a top elite PK paradigm, but tents are important for newcomers, who even doesn't know nothing about base and where it can be found. Some of them know nothing about bases even after 1-2 months of playing  :)

Alexander

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2018, 20:43 »
When people want to know something, they ask questions.

Newbie:

Can I make a tent into a shared hideout?

Veteran:

Yes, but bases already do that better.

Tents have nothing to improve on the base system.
Community: When is the wipe?

Wesan: Not anytime soon

druto

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2018, 21:33 »
can someone explain how does this limited tent system help new players? whats exactly your point here Brightside?

ps:
please remove terminal from bases so only the base creator can see it. IT HELPS NEW PLAYERS CUZ ITS SAFE

Brightside

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2018, 21:45 »
can someone explain how does this limited tent system help new players? whats exactly your point here Brightside?

ps:
please remove terminal from bases so only the base creator can see it. IT HELPS NEW PLAYERS CUZ ITS SAFE
My point is +1 to author of topic. I would implement possibility to add limited amount of chars using fireplace
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 21:50 by Brightside »