Author Topic: Game suggestions for Steam summer sale 2018?  (Read 796 times)

邪悪

• View Profile
Re: Game suggestions for Steam summer sale 2018?
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2018, 00:07 »
One thing i entirely disaggre with you is Darkest Dungeon, First of all game is just fun, for me atleast, and for a lot of players also. This is main point of games, they have to bring us joy.
Exactly, that's why modern game design is aimed to create an illusion of gameplay, because there's no reason to actually think about good gameplay to bring fun, players need only to believe that the game is good. The bad thing is... if a player sees through it, then fun is broken for him/her. That's why people with high Perception still have to replay old games.

Warning: this video is like a proof that god doesn't exist for a people, who believe in god. If you watch this video, you'll most likely delete Darkest Dungeon and will never play it again, this guy explains why this game is total crap. Also, if your IQ is >0 and you played this game a little, you'll simply come to the same conclusion. And Darkest Dungeon is just one of those many games, 95% of games suffer from the same stupid and primitive gameplay, but at the same time they're super popular and successful. Damn, just look at every Bethesda game, they're full of gameplay illusions, stories written by 5 years old, combat mechanic made in few minutes by student-programmer and designed by the same 5 years old, and character progression from arcade games. But you have that epic feeling and open world and voice acting, etc. But after few hours of playing such game you realize what you're playing and after that you have to search for mods, that completely change every aspect of the game so you can have some fun at least.

gladwin

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2018, 01:26 »
You sure are one hell sure about yourself fella.

I checked it out, whole and i answered every argument. Some of them are perfectly accurate and some are bullshit.
Darkest Dungeon is game which will to be satiscifing for a lot of players, but same is fo2, witcher, BF, Dark soul. we are choising game for us, not the other way.
I didn't feel the grind ( i have like 120 hour of gameplay, more than this dude have ). Yet random is bullshit sometimes, but it is charasteristic of random.
but leaving this asside.

Your point is, every game made currently is shit which just pretend to be game, my opinion is, some of nowadays games are.
BUT EVERYONE USED TO FORGOT ABOUT CRAPS FROM THE PAST.
Did someone said Bubsy 3D? Superman 64? E.T
Yes, because they are craps like hell and it is funny to see how crapy it was, but there was a lot of others crappy games. Like now, there is no huge different between nowadays games and past games, exept nowadays you have more $$$ in this industry.
Games has been made for money, are made for money and will be made for money. Types of games changes, way of thinking change. Personaly i hate this Better graphic = better game. but this is how it is right now.
This dude you send here, asnwered  it by himself, majority of players will like this game and minority will not. Because this is how world works.
Some tactic are cheap and stupid, some are not. But you find it in every game. Stupid levels of enemies in basicly every current game, witcher 3, oblivon ( PLX NO LEVEING OF ENEMIES WITH YOU, I HATE THIS GAME) skyrim. Where basicly same enemy have few different types with exactly the same shit going on but with higher numbers. BUT PAST GAMES HAD SHIT MECHANICS TO.

SO for me this is just complaining about how bad nowadays game are.

Darlain

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2018, 01:54 »
i've listened to the entirety of this video. at the 7:50 mark the guy enounces the 4 bad points of the game

-TB combat is boring
-shitty randomness
-massive grind
-lack of gameplay variety

but really for the whole video all i heard was whining about shitty RNG. mean you as the player are able to land a lucky crit to a tough foe, what prevent the enemy from landing one on your OP hero, effectively brigning him to the brink of death ?

Darkest dungeon didn't invent massive grind and shitty RNG, hell basically most of those good old RPGs have the same structure. specifically those 4 ''bad'' points. only good point he made was whinging about TB is him saying i dont like sushi...

besides, those 4 points exactly represent fallout 2, and to an extent, fonline2... really wonder what you're doing here exept whine about games back then were better, which is false. they were as shitty, grindy, one sided BUT they had shittier graphics. real problem nowadays is pretty much all good games have been exploited. theres less rooms for improvement because the industry grew bigger and exausted the pool of unused ideas and mechanics.

to finish, each players has different taste. some like BR games, i hate them. doesn't mean they're all shitty, i just dont like the style. so it all comes down to each their own kind of deal. Dequ asked us to pitch him games he might like saying he's more of an RPG guy. dont need to berate every games people propose because you're an oldfag who only likes games coming from the 90's. he can very well have an opinion of his own and double check with this magical thing called youtube, which didn't exist back in your gamer days...

Now i dont decline the industry is going on a downhill slope. AAA devs nowadays are like sharks or dogs. once they tasted cash they cant get enough. theres the odd game once in a while that really surprises gamers but most new games are watered down in the intent to sell more and more DLCs, which i despise and find very shitty on their part. back in the days of old devs got a game out bugs included, features all included. there was no 2nd chances. if your game sucked it sucked, meant low sales and revenue. so it was in their best interest to sell you a complete game from the get go. now we live in a DLC ridden wasteland and stuck in the forever anticipated access and pre order loop. people pay for bullshit and as long as hey keep doing it the industry wont get any better.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 02:11 by Darlain »

邪悪

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2018, 02:57 »
Yes, Fallouts have terrible combat mechanics, but that's not the reason people play RPGs... In Darkest Dungeon all you have is combat, that's why it's so bad. Arcanum has really terrible and unbalanced combat, it's so bad, that you can easily complete game on hardest difficulty with a dagger and be completely naked. In TB you can slaughter whole city in one turn with backstab and 50+ AP with dagger of speed, which requires you only 1 AP for attack, but Arcanum is a masterpiece from RPG point of view. Some say, that Planescape Torment is the best RPG, but they simply never played Arcanum. It's the best RPG ever created by humanity at least till a moment I type this post. All those characters and dialogues and story you see there are made by artists, not businessmen, you can see and feel it and enjoy RPG aspect of the game. Fallout1 and 2 also have idiotic primitive combat mechanic, but you can still enjoy the game with its cool atmosphere and story. Darkest dungeon? Even more primitive combat mechanic, than in Fallout1-2 and Arcanum and er... Well.. that's all. Yeah, Darkest Dungeon is just like FOnline, but single player. There's no hardcore, there's a waste of time everytime you lose a character, because leveling and whole game is repeatative and grinding. You lost a character, oh well, X hours of doing the same actions just to revert to where you were before you lost him. This is not RPG, this is single player MMO. There's no cool story, no characters to talk to, to sides to take, no choices and consequences, no interestring plot twists, just primitive point and click combat 24/7. Just like Fallout, if you remove all NPCs and quests and leave only random encounters. It's RPG only because it has characters, they have levels and XP and some skills. People call such games RPG today. If you look at Fallout as pure combat game, then yeah, they are all almost equal, but Darkest Dungeon lacks everything else. SW KOTOR 1-2 have nice story, but it's also DnD, but people play it not because of combat mechanics. NWN2 Mask of the Betrayer is also pure DnD with stupid random rolls, but it has cool story and choices and consequences are ideally implemented there. Story, and consequences of your actions that shape it, are the main reason people play RPGs. When I say modern game industry is crap, I meant RPG genre. I really don't know what happens in FPS / Strategy and other games, since I don't play those and thus not interested. Modern "RPGs" are all about combat with some stupid "filler" story just to have "RPG" tag on the game and Darkest Dungeon is one of such games (if it's RPG, I don't actually know if it's officially considered to be RPG).

gladwin

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2018, 03:26 »
I got your point and i agree with it, atleast i some Part. Currently to name something RPG you Doesnt need anything. You are just saying, it ja RPG, jobs done. I don’t see DD like i see witcher. One is RPG and the other is something else.
But If you see DD bad because it’s lack RPG elements just stop treating jt like RPG. Also i think you are slighty overhyping Arcanum ( for being masterpiece it can’t have shitty quest like this one with half ogre island, which from RPG and choice matter aspec, one of worst, If not the worst, quest i have ever taken. Not speaking about outside game experience, but j have never got this feeling of unsatiscifaction from game ever again) 
I know it might sound lame but one of best RPG for me would be definitly W3
But you can sum everyhing i said in one sentence. We all have different taste, and we see RPG as something else.
So lets Give dequ our picks and we can continue discusion in separator topics