Author Topic: How to convert WAV to ACM audio files without getting the truncated error ?  (Read 524 times)

NarrowMinded

• And you can move to the next level.
    • View Profile
// I am currently having a fonline/fallout2 music overdose. Not that I don't like these musics but seriously I know them all by heart.

I thought that we would just need to use a snd2acm converter and replace the musics  in data/sound/musics. I used the Snd2ACM program made by ABel in the Teamx.

I lowered the sample rate by using audacity to fit into -32768 and 32767. I've put it to 22050 HZ as recommended and also exported the file in 16bits wav format.

Edit : I tried and still got the truncated error ! I need help
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 01:38 by NarrowMinded »
Beautiful. No matter how angry you are, this will soothe your mind.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• View Profile
What are you trying to do?

My Youtube Channel
Fronte Renesco

NarrowMinded

• View Profile
You see where you are in the worldmap or in the Hub/different locations, there are musics that are played.

The game is going to data/sound/music to play them. These files that are played, are in a format that interplay created for multiple games like fallouts, baldur's gate, planescape torment and more called "ACM".

I want to change these musics and I know how to do it since I already did it in the past.
You have to replace musics there by your own musics and rename them the exact same way.

But of course the musics I want to put don't come from interplay, so they are not in ACM. That's why I need to convert them to ACM.

Tools were created long time ago to do that. I used SND2ACM 7 years ago and it worked well. But recently when I downloaded it again and tried to convert my audio files I got an error that says that my files are truncated.
It says that I have to fade out my signal to fit the supported sample rate. And that's exactly what I did in audacity but it is STILL not working for an unkown reason.

I hope I was clear enough :) Thanks for your interest S.T.A.L.K.E.R

NarrowMinded

• View Profile
haha I managed to do it !!!!!! It's not clean at all and I don't like that but it's working.

Since my converted files were 2 times slower that the originals, I've simply increased the speed by 2 in audacity before trying to convert it !

The reading speed of the acm player is 705 kbs, which is a lot
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 23:36 by NarrowMinded »

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• View Profile
good job, It's a real bitch to figure out but pays off in the end  :D

My Youtube Channel
Fronte Renesco