Author Topic: The books I have read with my character didn't add skillpoints  (Read 539 times)

NarrowMinded

• And you can move to the next level.
    • View Profile
I took mentats to read 2 more books (IN<10).
Then I've read all my first aid books and it worked and I went afk for a bit, I disconnected the character and I switched to another character.

Then I came back on the first character ( I was still under mentats) and consumed all other books : small guns, repair and science.
I logged out, and after some minutes when I came back I went to character sheet. And saw that I it didn't work and didn't add any points to small guns, repair and science.

At the beginning I thought there was a roll back. Then I thought I did a mistake and used books on another character because they disapeard from my base ( so no rollback).

So the first thing I tried was to actually re take the books, but it didn't let me proceed telling me that " you learn nothing new". So it is the proof that I consumed the books.

I also thought that maybe it was just a displaying bug in the character sheet, I tried everything. To log off, to change interface. I even tried to see if the value written there was the real value so I started to see my hit chance with the small guns skill.
And unfortunately for me I still have 45 percents in small guns instead of 105. 38 percents in repair instead of 102 and 24 in science instead of 88.

I tried to ~requesthelp yesterday night, and today when I connected

« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 16:34 by NarrowMinded »
Beautiful. No matter how angry you are, this will soothe your mind.

NarrowMinded

• View Profile
Re: The books I have read with my character didn't add skillpoints
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2018, 22:43 »
I just sent a new requesthelp few minutes ago, I can't play anymore on my character because I am scared that he can't use books for life. I need help please.

Lucek666

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2018, 08:47 »
Obviously you fucked something during process. Most likely your mentats ended or you maked some mistake and not noticed because of often afking / relloging.
Reroll / make new char and focus on what you doing.

NarrowMinded

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2018, 11:44 »
I think for the first time on this forum I do not agree with you Lucek :)

How can you fuck up something in the process of reading books ? I want you to explain me that. Nothing should be irreversible in the process of reading books !

And what if my mentats ended ? I had 6 intelligence like most builds to do the glow quest, so if I am not under mentats  I should read only 6. But then hey I can just take mentats again and SHOULD be able to take the last 2. Don't you agree ?

I can give my character to devs so they can see by themselves that I have the based stats in small guns, science and repair and have the message "you learn nothing new".

Even if you are right and I "fucked something" during the process. It is clearly a bug and not the normal behaviour of the game.

And why do you think I am posting here ? Because if I don't get any compensation for the books I used or the character that I will have to delete, AT LEAST I would like to see this bug corrected in the future so the game can be improved.

Thanks for your response Lucek even if we don't agree !
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 11:52 by NarrowMinded »

Dequ

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2018, 11:52 »
Could be bug but hard to know how you made it unless someone is able to recreate it. Sometimes strange things happen and no reasons found,  like deleteself char and char not get deleted etc.

shekel_goblin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2018, 17:07 »
hello, i just came across your thread and i am truly sorry that your skill books didnt work as they were intended to be. however, your problem is still not quite understandable, would you please kindly expand on your matter and CAPITALIZE and UNDERLINE a few more words in your essay? sorry for this inconvenience and hope to hear from you soon.

best regards,
a goblin

NarrowMinded

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2018, 18:09 »
This statement is false : "your problem is still not quite understandable"

I will not answer the others things about you mocking my writing style and my way of showing the key words of my messages to make people reason on them.
You don't know (that's why you mock it) but I know.

Also your message is not fully understandable :

i am truly sorry to inform you that you forgot the capital letters at the beginning of your sentences and didn't write i in a capital letter everytime you used it. sorry for this convenience and i hope you correct yourself soon.

best regards,
a happy narrow changed into a troll by a goblin <------------------------------------------

« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 19:02 by NarrowMinded »

druto

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2018, 19:07 »
instead of cyberbullying our poor narrow why dont just wait for response by admin like non toxic players do

its probably the world famous and beloved mentat system doing its job very well.

Wesan

• Developer
  • The one who smiled.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2018, 16:35 »
Contact me through discord when you're around and we'll be able to look into it.

NarrowMinded

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2018, 17:44 »
Thanks to Wesan for the help.