Author Topic: Simulation Cost  (Read 160 times)

gladwin

Simulation Cost
« on: September 26, 2018, 02:00 »
I suggest changing the price of simulation at certain hour, i particularly mean between 23 server time (11PM) and 8 server time ( 8 AM ) it doesn't have to be much but halving it would really help.

Point of this change is simple. Simulation is rather expensive, 1k for one round in long run is rather much. ( chopper has spend 3kk so far, from donations etc ) but making it cost less during the end of prime time would make players be a bit more active because usualy if nobody host the simulation players just end playing and  go to sleep. But if it wouldn't cost so much it wouldn't take that much to hosting it when there is no pvp anyway or other activity.

It wouldn't hurt pvp and activity during the day, it would make players usualy going sleep a bit more active during the night. It can be even justified in game, because in shops or other places, if there is low ammount of customers there used to be some kind of discount, and night is rather definitly one of times like that.

Time i gave is just example, but it should be after 23 (11PM) because it is when pvp end, about 8AM it is just an example
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 02:02 by gladwin »

Marina Usnavy

• Retired
    • View Profile
Re: Simulation Cost
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2018, 02:59 »
it can cost 1 caps again ? :D

gladwin

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 03:49 »
I wouldn't go with 1 caps, but i think half of current value, or even lower would improve situation.

NarrowMinded

• And you can move to the next level.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2018, 04:57 »
I agree with this idea, we should not be so scared about the fact that it will reduce pvp activities outside in my opinion. It can prepare new players for pvp and slowly reduce the gap between them and veterans.

Another suggestion : As we have scheduled hunger games event most week ends. We can think about having scheduled free/reduced price of simulation one time per week at particular hours.

No one is complaining about hunger games event taking all the players that should pvp right ? And from my experience hunger games event is ALL but rewarding individual skill. It rewards big alliance swarm and numbers of players in the same faction joining it. All of that for tokens.
At least in Simulation it's taking some players but no one is gaining something the same way, except gaining some fun maybe.
Beautiful. No matter how angry you are, this will soothe your mind.

gladwin

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2018, 10:02 »
My idea isnt to kill the pvp. I Personaly doesnt like simulation, but a lot of players do, making it cheap during the day can kill pvp, like it did in the past and not long ago. Atleast from my perspective. Hg doesnt kill pvp because it take place in certain hour, when Windows tc isnt on.

Robert Watts

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2018, 12:00 »
Big +1 for this the suggestion, Gladwin is right we did spend really 3kk easily, for hosting simulations for either BBS or to the public directly since so long now, I don't see how it could be bad since for myself, I don't have much time on hands to play around on week, mostly just around weekends. Due to timezone, it's hard to find fair actions around, mostly late around week when it's around 10 PM here (3 AM Poland), mostly just NCR and Talons are just around late these hours, which is great, but some people like me don't go always raid dungeons for grinding items or finding PvP in such situation, since players in my team just don't play at this hour. But there could be a lot of arguments to be spoken about on this, but this was some points out from my perspective of casual player ;D

.. Also another plus for this one too!

[..] scheduled free/reduced price of simulation one time per week at particular hours.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 12:03 by Robert Watts »

shekel_goblin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2018, 01:02 »
also, lets double the loot in dungeons after 11pm so people would be more tempted to do dungeons. i mean people who can be up until 11pm deserve to have double loot anyways no?

gladwin

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2018, 12:41 »
also, lets double the loot in dungeons after 11pm so people would be more tempted to do dungeons. i mean people who can be up until 11pm deserve to have double loot anyways no?
You are free to open that suggestion, keep in mind that After 11pm server time for some players is middle of the day.
I am not one of sima’s fans but i noticed What i told you about, drastic death of activity  After 11 pm, If nobody host simulation or make some Special event like Raid by SMA
You entirely missed my point or you are trolling, So you are irrelevant to the discusion in both cases
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 12:46 by gladwin »

NarrowMinded

• And you can move to the next level.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2018, 12:58 »
Goblin is trolling, let's ignore him. Not the first time...
Beautiful. No matter how angry you are, this will soothe your mind.