Author Topic: Repair  (Read 181 times)

Luke Sadovsky

• View Profile
Repair
« on: November 08, 2018, 00:25 »
I expirienced quite a bit of a problems with items durability, i.e. when I crafted an item (for this example I'll use needler pistol) it took me about ten mags to break the weapon, and about 20 to render it useless.
I saw few people on forum moaning about this, as well in game.
Therefore I'm coming to you with a solution.

1.Character with Repair and Science skill at level at least 160, can merge existing items to bring back some of ones durability.
  Considering posibilities with exploiting this option I thought the best solution would be to use crafting bonus chances to determine restoration rate
  (https://wiki.fonline2.com/Category:Craftable_Items#Examples_of_Items_with_Bonuses).

1. Regular item to repair other items:
    1. Using regular item on advanced item will yield 1.4% (of existing regular item durability, rounded down) increase in advanced item durability,
        so trying to use regular items to repair advanced items will be a bit expensive, even if player got tons of stuff in their base, they will run out
        of it, sooner or later and it will help with messy tents and bases.

2. Using regular item on improved item will yield 4.8% (of existing regular item durability, rounded up) increase in improved item durability.

3. Using regular item on enchanced item will yield 6.4% x2 (of existing regular item durability, rounded down) increase in enhanced item
        durability.

4. Using regular item on upgraded item will yield 7.2% x2 (of existing regular item durability, rounded up) increase in upgraded item durability.

5. Using regular item on regular item will yield 50% (of existing regular item durability) increase in regular item durability.

2. Upgraded item to repair other items:
    1. Using upgraded item on advanced item will yield 5.14% (of existing upgraded item durability, rounded down) increase in advanced item
        durability.

2. Using upgraded item on improved item will yield 7.2% x2 (of existing upgraded item durability, rounded up) increase in improved item
        durability.

3. Using upgraded item on enhanced item will yield 11.25% x2 (of existing upgraded item durability, rounded down) increase in enhanced item
        durability.

4. Using upgraded item on upgraded item will yield 40% (of existing upgraded item durability) increase in upgraded item durability.

3. Enhanced item to repair other items:
    1. Using enhanced item on advanced item will yield 4.57% +2/3 (of existing upgraded item durability, rounded down) increase in advanced
        item durability.

2. Using enhanced item on improved item will yield 13.33% +2/3 (of existing upgraded item durability, rounded down) increase in improved
        item durability.

3. Using enhanced item on enhanced item will yield 33% (of existing upgraded item durability) increase in enhanced item durability.

4. Improved item to repair other items:
    1. Using enhanced item on advanced item will yield 3.42% x3 (of existing improved item durability, rounded down) increase in advanced item
        durability.

2. Using enhanced item on advanced item will yield 25% (of existing improved item durability) increase in improved item durability.

5. Advanced item to repair other items:
    1. Using advanced item on advanced item will yield 20% (of existing advanced item durability) increase in advanced item durability.

I'm considering this option as best one, since maintaining items in good condition consumes a lot of resources, for which people will need crafters.
If crafter will happen to produce item with rare bonuses, this item will not be destroyed after few battles, or will not be kept in tent/base waiting for right moment to be used, people will be more eager to engage in battles knowing that they have an option to restore items to their previous glory.
Notice as well that items like Plasma Gatling can't be maintained like that, since PC can't craft this item, also items from Tier 4 are for Devs to consider of being included or not to this system.

2. Character with Repair and Science skill at level at least 160, can recover some of items durability by using item parts needed for crafting  on said item.
Depending on complexity of item (rarity is considered as well), adding parts to existing item would add to it from 1% to 20% durability.

3. Character with Repair and Science skill at level at least 160, after reading blueprints of item X, will start to "learn" it, every time said item is crafted, repaired or dismantled, PC gets a x% for critical success, which will repear iteam without using items durability.
I.e. You happen to make 5000 avenger miniguns, after repairing or dismantling all of them, you'll get X% chance (depending on your PC Inteligence stat) of critical repair success.
Not more than X%.

That should allow players to hoard their belowed Combat Armors or Avengers for longer time.
This particular option is my least favourite.
Setting up critical chance too low and players will be unhappy about this proposition, but if critical chance will be to high, prices of items will drop drasticly and economy will grow stagnant.

Ronillon

• Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
Re: Repair
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 03:32 »
Or maybe just increase the chance for "Durable" bonus when crafting weapons.
Men look at breasts the way women look at babies. 'Aw, isn't that lovely.' - Dylan Moran

Dequ

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 08:21 »
Single shots detoriarate 0,5% and burst detoriarate 1%

So full condition weapon "needler in your case" you can shoot 200 times until you need to repair it. Then you have another 200shots, before it totally broke. That is 40 full clips.

Spammer type of character relay on shooting multiple low dmg shots instead of less effective shots. Thats why you feel that your weapons not lasting long.

Luke Sadovsky

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2018, 09:46 »
Dequ mate, thanks for numbers :D
But the whole thing was to be able to repair items infinitely, like you can in New Vegas for example.
Besides I felt little difference between normal weapon and durable one.
Do you think it's bad idea?
But to be honest I feel like there should be something, like higher skill in weapon should allow you to use it longer, since you know how to care 'bout them, right?

Dequ

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2018, 10:15 »
Its not bad idea, it is just different mechanic as we have now.
Most noobs tend to lose weapons before they totally break it.