Author Topic: Make hammers not "jam"  (Read 251 times)

Rundskop

• View Profile
Make hammers not "jam"
« on: November 30, 2018, 08:02 »
If i use a supersledge in real-time it jams after 5-10 min of use.  I was able to get 5 non-working supersledges in a short time due to "jamming".
Please change the text into something else.  You could also just remove the fail chance in stead of renaming it  ;).

Wesan

• Developer
  • The one who smiled.
    • View Profile
Re: Make hammers not "jam"
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2018, 00:26 »
Could you please explain what is the issue? That the hammers break? Or what seems to be a bug?

Rundskop

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2018, 17:01 »
Well, supersledges can break due to loss of deterioration and durability opposed to the other melee weapons like spiked knuckles, jakuza blade, etc... This is not what i mean.
Supersledges also "jam" regardles off detioration and durability values ; the message says "your weapon jammed" and then the item description shows "small defect".   Weapon jamming seems something for reloadable weapons like guns and powerfists.  Maybee this is a "feature" and not a bug.  Maybee its not possible to rename "jamming" for the sake of a supersledge-fitting text description.

If i let myself surround by a bunch of rats and click fast a lot, the jamming happens way to often.  Pretty absurd for a supersledge versus little rodent.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 17:03 by Rundskop »

Boon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2018, 00:15 »
That happens when weapon reaches 100% deterioration. Repair it before 100% so that doesn't happen, or get a new one if it's almost broken.
Wasteland is still harsh.
Plasma Rifle is overpowered.
H&K CAWS is overpowered.

John Name

• Nothing unreal exists
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2018, 21:48 »
I hope you like jammin too
Spoiler
"Fuck literature"-Ernest Hemingway

Rundskop

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2018, 10:05 »
I hope you like jammin too

I would rather be a Buffalo Soldier then an Iron Lion Zion if i were to pick up dhe fyte with that hammer. 
If I were to use a supersledge in the turn-based rhythm section, the beat would stop after exactly 100 hits.
Yeah supersledges do not have clips  ;).
On the other hand, if I were to play live with a supersledge, the music would stop in about 3-5 min.

John Name

• Nothing unreal exists
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2018, 13:44 »
Well a somewhat viable solution to what you are asking for would be to make super sledges have durable +1 or 2 by default, you get the same amount of attacks with Super Sledges as with avengers or p90´s et cetera but the problem is you have to smack pretty much everything several times meaning killing 100 deathclaws with avenger means 100-110 attacks but good luck smacking 100 claws to death with less than 200 attacks.

However they will still "jam" eventually unless the description would be changed to..............uhm I dunno: STOP! No Hammertime! or Your weapon is unusable.
"Fuck literature"-Ernest Hemingway

Rundskop

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2018, 20:32 »
At least a text change yes.  I can't imagine is a huge chore to do.
If all guns would get a description such as, "your blade needs to be hammered and whetted",  it probably would have been changed allready.

Wesan

• Developer
  • The one who smiled.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2018, 10:42 »
Super Sledge is a mechanical weapon, the kinetic charge systems can jam when broken. Sharpening the hammer, on the other hand, would be totally wrong description of what's going on.

Rundskop

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2018, 11:59 »
Ok, some quote :

“A Super Sledgehammer, manufactured by the Brotherhood of Steel, using the finest weapon technology available. Includes a kinetic energy storage device to increase knockback."

I rest my case.  I figured energy storage device was for powerfist's only.
Maybee i could ask now to make it use energy cells. 
*ducks and covers*