Author Topic: remove the dumhead speech for >3INT  (Read 181 times)

Rundskop

• View Profile
remove the dumhead speech for >3INT
« on: December 08, 2018, 19:39 »
As the title says.
I was forced to delete characters with 4 and 5 INT, because i was unable to type a normal conversation in english.
The words "me", "with", etc... are all changed in the chat/floating headtext after you enter your speech.
It's also very annoying for roleplayers ; needing to have 6 INT to be able to choose the way you write, even if that is in "dumhed" speach.

John Name

• Nothing unreal exists
    • View Profile
Re: remove the dumhead speech for >3INT
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2018, 21:49 »
-1 man, it still cracks me up typing: Enclave armor, bos, laser rifle, plasma rifle, I shoot you, fa and then behold the 1 int kicking in :D

Edit-You can of course use mentats if you havent realised that already which I guess you have but if your char has 1 int it will only increase it to 3 which is somewhat subpar at best for making intelligent conversations, you could suggest a buff to mentats for this purpose I suppose but that is up to you mah man.

PS: Did you spell "dumhead" wrong in the title on purpose? Because it would be hilarious if you had not ;)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 21:54 by John Name »
"Fuck literature"-Ernest Hemingway

Rundskop

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2018, 22:15 »
blah, blah delete characters with 4 and 5 INT, blah, blah

Well, there's "dumbhead" and then there's "lat dumhed oomie wyf lat stinkee shinees agh frammel bankee" (insert orc emoticon here).
And yes, being and old fart who played fallout out of the box when it got out, i do know about mentats ; both the fallout item and the superhuman computers from Frank Herbert's Dune.

Totally off-topic, you fish and I bite.

John Name

• Nothing unreal exists
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2018, 22:22 »

And yes, being and old fart who played fallout out of the box when it got out........
Man I still remember that glorious box, I went to the store with a friend of mine and I was going to buy some other game, diablo or something but the Fallout box with the Power Armor face on it stood out and I decided to buy that game instead, me and mah boi we played the everliving shit out of that game, we even did runs sometimes where we did not use the save/load at all and just tried to make it thru the entire game without saving once, I think I was 12 years old at the time.

Anyhooooos ill take the off topic reminiscing down a notch now.
"Fuck literature"-Ernest Hemingway

Alaestor

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2018, 01:55 »
It encourages alting. besides, if someone would like to roleplay stupid they still can.

Also from what I know it was engine related and is changable now.

Rundskop

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2018, 07:49 »
if someone would like to roleplay stupid they still can.

Did you both even read the post before you started replying in this typical way ?

As i said, a roleplayer -even when playing a mentally challenged person- should be able to choose his own words.
And a person with more then 3 int is no Torr for sure.

But hey, why facilitate roleplayers or keep true to fallout lore.  That's not important in an online action game is it ?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 07:56 by Rundskop »

Darlain

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2018, 10:02 »
I dont know why you're complaining about staying true to fallout lore. It is lore to speak like a mentally challenged wastelander with intel lower than 3.

Now i dont say i like talking like a retard half the time, but it always bring a smile when i see someone say ''shiney tin man'' instead of Power Armor.

And you were provided a good method to stop talking like a retard on the second post : use the everuseless mentats ! otherwise they will pile up and you'll end up trading them for virtually nothing at events

Little edit to say even if you are roleplaying a stupid, and you have 6 intel, it doesnt change nothing cause no one will know your build.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 10:04 by Darlain »

Rundskop

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2018, 10:20 »
blah, blah delete characters with 4 and 5 INT, blah, blah

Ok, im the only one capable of reading my own post i gues.  I must be mentally challenged.
I will just stop making suggestions, because kneejerking and fishing seems to be a priority over reading and thinking before you post.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 10:22 by Rundskop »

Wesan

• Developer
  • The one who smiled.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2018, 10:39 »
The sentence change shouldn't happen at 5 INT and above, 4 INT has only 5% chance for it to happen per word, which is really a low chance to be so bothered about.

I'd guess you might have taken psycho which reduced your intelligence by 2. Which is a strong berserk drug and gibberish is a logical side effect if a person was already pretty unintelligent.

Rundskop

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2018, 12:01 »
No. Seriously i had this on maidenly fresh new chars, not on drugs.
And yes i tested it each time by making a new char with one more INT and typing sentences in kenny's tent.  Poor Kenny...
Maybee most people dont bother typing the english words that i tested or just plainly do not use english at all.