Author Topic: NCR Karma  (Read 890 times)

Napalm

• View Profile
NCR Karma
« on: February 02, 2019, 19:02 »
It is very difficult to keep a faction alive and independent on the server. And something very unfair has made this even more difficult.

Players from my faction when they enter NCR are killed by guards. I think karma should be individual as it was in the past. And with the possibility of clearing karma, as in 2238. And not having a karma that condemns all members of a faction.

My new members must have the right to access the vendors there and get out of the caravans without being killed.

I take it to add that for me it is wrong to have an original faction of the game like NCR, BOS controlled by a certain group. This is a privilege. I think everyone could have the right to be a part of it, maybe create platoons, I do not know, anything like that. And not necessarily be subjected to ordinary players who are liable to make mistakes and injustices.

I think other factions may have the same problem. I await your reply, thank you.

Milan

• View Profile
Re: NCR Karma
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2019, 19:20 »
Better solution is to move half of shopkeepers, box lifting quest, and caravan depot to a safe location outside of Shady Sands.

Shady Sands isn't safe, noobs can often be killed by rogue NCR members or raiders, as well as NPC guards.

Pyra

• TNE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2019, 22:41 »
NERF NCR plz
Nie wale konia, jestem romantykiem.

K0FM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2019, 03:49 »
First and foremost, if you're complaining that you can't keep your faction alive because you can't enter Shady Sands to trade and do box lifting quests, its time to hang it up and pass it along to someone else.

With that out of the way, being that this game is based off an RPG, that there are consequences for choices you make. Unless something has changed, the only way for a faction to be blacklisted within Shady Sands is if they raid Shady Sands (fighting NCR outside of Shady doesn't get you listed). This makes logical sense, no? Just because your name would be Ultraaaabviolence, but you wear your gangs colors, the guards would have to be stupid enough to let you enter the city freely or treat you solely like an individual.

Now my advice, since you're having trouble with your faction, would be to have a little fucking individuality for your members instead of cookie cutter names you come up with while eating alphabet soup. Maybe they'd play more if they didn't have to be known as Ultraaaacviolence.
Team is Open for Rambos - 2-30 slots available /PM

ApocalypseMan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2019, 04:07 »
If you are complaining that your faction is BLACKLISTED from Shady Sands the simple solution to that is.. do not raid Shady Sands.

If you are complaining about your team-members being killed on site for having BAD KARMA and it is preventing them from trading in friendly towns, well.... that is what alternate accounts are for. I have 1 for the same reason.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 04:17 by ApocalypseMan »

Darlain

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2019, 04:27 »
Well i wont comment on what Ko said, as it was harsh (but also very truthful).

Instead i will comment on what napalm said, starting with :

-Players from my faction when they enter NCR are killed by guards.

Answer : understandable. some of your members decided to come in shady and kill, bomb, ninjaloot (during raids or after bombings) and yell crap at people in shady 2 weeks after it came back on live. And as richard said its kinda hard to personnally blacklist people who have the same names in faction (Ultraaviolence, Ultrabviolence, etc...) so the next logical step was to put your whole faction on blacklist.

- I think karma should be individual as it was in the past. And with the possibility of clearing karma, as in 2238. And not having a karma that condemns all members of a faction.

Answer : Theres good reasons why its not working like that. karma can be worked on and improved by doing daily quests. What good is it gonna do if someone can do the same shit every week or so ? in my honest opinion karma system is just broken at the current state of the game (border useless)

- My new members must have the right to access the vendors there and get out of the caravans without being killed.

Answer : well they had. and some of your members decided to spoil their rights by coming to shady and stirring the pot. 2nd answer is they still do. make sure to tell them they come on non faction chars in town and behave or its a one way to the blacklist if they do the same shit others did.

- I take it to add that for me it is wrong to have an original faction of the game like NCR, BOS controlled by a certain group. This is a privilege. I think everyone could have the right to be a part of it, maybe create platoons, I do not know, anything like that.

Answer : NCR is a faction like any other, lead by one or a group of person likeminded. would you accept any people in UV ? even known indivuduals who used to trashtalk you or your faction at every occasion ? well NCR is the same. only difference is we have a town linked to our name that we barely use, have to defend if it gets raided and have to keep a sense of RP while doing all the above. its more of a burden than anything.

- I think other factions may have the same problem.

Answer : They have, and they have been vocal about it. they had the same answer. Some factions took it on themselves and asked for a pardon, some were granted, some were not. If you feel confident you can keep your members on a leash you can contact knight shift and start the discussion.

TL:DR : NCR is Big Bad, We are self-admitted assholes. nothing new on that front. Same answer was given as in the past.

Blobfish

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2019, 17:21 »
Napalm, you got it all wrong.
NCR is player driven project with its town included (same as it was intended for bos and enclave and their hq, but they are closed for reason), that means any person or group who wants to, for example, change their status in shady sands needs to contact ncr representatives. Whole idea is to encourage communication between players, bring an rp touch into it and most of it is in session changelog.
NCR is trying to be fair towards everyone, we had in past many gangs and individuals put on, and removed from blacklist, with most of them we had communication in one way or another. NCR is compensating everyone who is mistreated in shady sands by ncr members. Your gang deserved blacklist in shady, and the way you are basically saying that your gang is falling apart just because they cant enter shady that they raided some time ago is really not fair towards your other team members.
You can say, by deafult, ncr has laws any person should follow. When you break it, there are consequences.
Shady Sands has unique mechanics, regarding other towns, it is offering a small diversity and it has been like that whole session. (I think session 2 as well.) You are not first to complain about this and I doubt you are the last. You should inform yourself better about game features before complaining about it, but as I see, you are only using this complaint as an excuse for your own shortcomings.
On the other hand, when you townburst guards in Hub you will have consequences as well.
Most of other things was answered to you in previous posts from other ncr members.

Anyway, your approach is shameful, as for issues you are having you should rather try to explain some things to your own members, or approach ncr officer or me, than openly embarrassing yourself by calling ncr blacklist an guilty party for all of your inner gang issues.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 21:15 by Blobfish »

LittleBoy

• Čučoriedka
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2019, 21:41 »
Shady Sands?

That town i "never" visit (two times fighting in raid) because when i played clan members were blacklisted?
I heard about new map, shops, quests, people creating separate characters to even enter that town? WTF. I refuse to level up character only for entering and using alts in this game only for function like this.

Also i understand there is some role-play thing but for me its dead city, but it has some deeper purpose and mystery so its OK i think.
It should work but doesn't because people can create unlimited characters with unlimited connections to clans/towns.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 21:46 by LittleBoy »

K0FM

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2019, 22:19 »
Shady Sands?

That town i "never" visit (two times fighting in raid) because when i played clan members were blacklisted?
I heard about new map, shops, quests, people creating separate characters to even enter that town? WTF. I refuse to level up character only for entering and using alts in this game only for function like this.

Also i understand there is some role-play thing but for me its dead city, but it has some deeper purpose and mystery so its OK i think.
It should work but doesn't because people can create unlimited characters with unlimited connections to clans/towns.

Every city aside from Hub is a dead city. Exception perhaps for Vault City, for all the sim fanatics.
Team is Open for Rambos - 2-30 slots available /PM

Milan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2019, 22:39 »
Napalm, you got it all wrong.
NCR is player driven project with its town included (same as it was intended for bos and enclave and their hq, but they are closed for reason), that means any person or group who wants to, for example, change their status in shady sands needs to contact ncr representatives. Whole idea is to encourage communication between players, bring an rp touch into it and most of it is in session changelog.
NCR is trying to be fair towards everyone, we had in past many gangs and individuals put on, and removed from blacklist, with most of them we had communication in one way or another. NCR is compensating everyone who is mistreated in shady sands by ncr members. Your gang deserved blacklist in shady, and the way you are basically saying that your gang is falling apart just because they cant enter shady that they raided some time ago is really not fair towards your other team members.
You can say, by deafult, ncr has laws any person should follow. When you break it, there are consequences.
Shady Sands has unique mechanics, regarding other towns, it is offering a small diversity and it has been like that whole session. (I think session 2 as well.) You are not first to complain about this and I doubt you are the last. You should inform yourself better about game features before complaining about it, but as I see, you are only using this complaint as an excuse for your own shortcomings.
On the other hand, when you townburst guards in Hub you will have consequences as well.
Most of other things was answered to you in previous posts from other ncr members.

Anyway, your approach is shameful, as for issues you are having you should rather try to explain some things to your own members, or approach ncr officer or me, than openly embarrassing yourself by calling ncr blacklist an guilty party for all of your inner gang issues.

They could just leave the blacklisted faction temporarily and nothing will happen to them.

邪悪

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2019, 23:39 »
creating separate characters
Yeah, I can't believe that in 2019 people still need alts just to bypass "roleplay" restrictions which no one cares about. There's even no global/party chat yet, because it's "unrealistic" that people can telepathically talk to each other, so people have to use 3rd party tools for that, because they don't care about realism and telepathy, because having an ability to talk to other players is vital in multiplayer game, so it's basically just an artificial obstacle that reduces userfriendliness, especially for new players, when you try to help him, but he dies on some random encounter and that's it... he's lost.

At least there're no barter alts. I still remember 3 CH restriction from 2238... really? Why??

But you still need repair and science for crafting for some very odd reason, so players still have crafting alts, lol. So many years of FOnline existence and they still suffer from spawncamping, scout alting and alting for non-combat activity.

any person or group who wants to, for example, change their status in shady sands needs to contact ncr representatives.
Isn't it faster to just create..... an alt?

Whole idea is to encourage communication between players
But it's faster to just create an alt? Sorry, the idea is flawed. Plus what if NCR refuses? What if in the future he does a crime again? It's easier to make an NCR-Idler alt once and it'll last forever.

Miguel_Prime94

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2019, 19:58 »
unlocking the shady sands help the shopkeepers to earn more money and reviving shitty sands. :)

Blobfish

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2019, 20:08 »
Protip: not raiding shady helping players not to get blacklisted and to have free access to town and town features.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 20:11 by Blobfish »

Dean Domino

• NCR Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2019, 20:51 »
why am i blacklisted plese help
GOD BLESS BBS

Napalm

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2019, 14:38 »
The NCR circle on wm, instead of green, could be red for members of faction that have bad karma there at least.
But I still with first point: This thing must end.