Author Topic: Strange Quest  (Read 282 times)

Evii

• View Profile
Strange Quest
« on: September 09, 2019, 12:27 »
Hi!

I believe i've got a problem. Recently got a quest from an NPC in Boneyard Adytum (Old Guys just above boneyard's workbench) called "Flood in - flood out" and its located in Vault City quest logs.

My mission is to go to an abandoned Bunker on the Coast to the West (location probably random, green circle).
There i need to fight with a couple of dogs with hp ~~ 140. And as soon as i go further in, to be precise to a more open space i get shot at by an NPC sniper through the entire map. No idea how to get past it. At the beggining of this location there is a radio on the floor (cant interact with it) that's the NPC sniper prob. telling me to leave this area, that's it is his territory etc etc.

Any idea how to solve this quest? Running through with a pretty good metal armor mk2 pumped with drugs doesnt work, he just insta kills me with crits (A LOT OF THEM).

Also i cant find any info about this quest in any wiki, any player knows nothing about it and even the whole internet does not know anything about it.

HELP :_:

Dequ

• View Profile
Re: Strange Quest
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2019, 20:39 »
It is newest quest. Finally someone has difficulties.

Tips:
Spoiler
Try to figure out where the sniper is and then use covers to get into him (he is weak to kill if you get in range). Better to use psycho drug and attack from left or if you have range char then you can fight him in open, but if you get crippled then you need to get back in cover to doc yourself

Fantom_7337

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2019, 08:41 »
you can run to a cave with a friend, (one of you will surely survive) and there a ladder to go behind him.

Evii

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2019, 13:48 »
sadly im a solo player.
Well tried with drugs and full armor possible i could get - insta killed within his turn, crazy 4x crits xD, cant see him having 55 range.
Is there a way to go into TB ? Like you could in basic Fallout games (ofc its not the same thats why im asking) in this case i would be able to get to my stuff atleast xD

edit: Well after 6 tries i can honestly tell the covers there (rocks, trees etc you can get behind) doesnt work.

I hope he works just like Enclave soldiers in the crashed vertibirt quest for the brotherhood - run out of ammo....

edit 2: ill try to make and mutant char and runn fonline on 2 proceses to use him as a shield xD

edit 3 : nope impossible, maby if i'd made another one... Anyway getting in there is a mess (one encounter makes me loose each other in terms of following).

edit 4 : yea totaly impossible, every hit is a crit for 100+
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 14:46 by Evii »

Lucek666

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2019, 16:58 »
maybe your char is too soft. with some more tankish you just go to cave without much care about sniper. covers works as well, you can get to these northern rocks and take down that bastard.
quest can be done in tb but that mode must be set before you talk to questgiver.

Dequ

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2019, 18:13 »
Did you made it?
If not try with character that has 2toughness, 2lifegiver and combat armor mark2 and use all drugs and atleast lvl 26.

Evii

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2019, 11:40 »
Didnt make it on that  char. Right now im lvling up a full tank grenadier to at least 26 (stonewall, 2toughnes, 2lifegiver, 16 ap {with drugs}, 10 en, 6st, etc.). Should be enough especialy when i get my hands on a solid armor with +normal dmg res and all the drugs that work towards it.

Nah even with 350 hp, and literaly having all the tanky perks i get gunned down in one turn...

Damn at last.... took me litteraly 50 super stims to move one hex and heal for the rest of 16 ap...

Spoiler
after passing him try to find yourself a friend for the bunker  ;)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 11:10 by Evii »