Author Topic: What's your funniest FOnline2 story?  (Read 450 times)

Alaestor

• View Profile
What's your funniest FOnline2 story?
« on: December 02, 2019, 20:08 »
I'll start.

A friend of mine created an Account named Username and the Password was Password. So whenever new players would log in the game they would press register and walk around, do dumb stuff and quit.

After about a year the account was level 17+
I could be wrong but I believe the account was rerolled at level 24-26

邪悪

• View Profile
Re: What's your funniest FOnline2 story?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2019, 09:51 »
I'll start.

A friend of mine created an Account named Username and the Password was Password. So whenever new players would log in the game they would press register and walk around, do dumb stuff and quit.

This story is quite sad, just think of how many new players thought that in this game you don't even create a character, just start in some random place with already leveled character and do some idiotic random stuff without explanation and tutorials. And with stupid character's name - Username.
Then they told all their friends "This is not fallout online, this is just some arcade game with fallout graphics, where you can't even choose your SPECIAL, skills and perks! Don't even bother downloading it!".
And now FOnline is dead because of friend of Aco!

K0FM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2019, 01:01 »
There's been a few, but one of the funniest that I recall was at Glow surface. Talons/MRMC/NCR/etc were on south and either Bears or BBS were north, both sides on mostly ranged characters. Laser bolts, rockets, and 5mm rounds were flying in both directions when a mutant named Big Puns spawns in south. Now you'd think if someone spawned into such a barrage of fire, their first reaction would be to go out as soon as possible. But no, Big Puns walks gingerly across the field of fire, rockets and lasers whizzing by to his left and right and in between Avengers bursting, and enters the hole without a scratch.

-------------------------

There was a new Junktown Scout, his name was Forty-Two Seven or some such, that wanted some help leveling his character, and asked to join him for a caravan. I meet him Hub north and he's with another player with a very similar name to his. I thought nothing of it and we go on caravan, but he wants to go turn-based. So we are on our way, and the turns are absolutely brutal in length. It's as if he were physically running to another computer to move the other character. After a few encounters I tell him, look, if you want to level your other character, this is taking way too long, we can take it to toxic caves or something. To which he replied, "Oh, sorry, but I'm not on that other character. It's my 5 yr old son"
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 01:16 by K0FM »
Team is Open for Rambos - 2-30 slots available /PM

Alaestor

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2019, 06:27 »
I'll start.

This story is quite sad, just think of how many new players thought that in this game you don't even create a character, just start in some random place with already leveled character and do some idiotic random stuff without explanation and tutorials. And with stupid character's name - Username.
Then they told all their friends "This is not fallout online, this is just some arcade game with fallout graphics, where you can't even choose your SPECIAL, skills and perks! Don't even bother downloading it!".
And now FOnline is dead because of friend of Aco!
If someone gives up that easily, they'd be gone anyways.

There's been a few, but one of the funniest that I recall was at Glow surface. Talons/MRMC/NCR/etc were on south and either Bears or BBS were north, both sides on mostly ranged characters. Laser bolts, rockets, and 5mm rounds were flying in both directions when a mutant named Big Puns spawns in south. Now you'd think if someone spawned into such a barrage of fire, their first reaction would be to go out as soon as possible. But no, Big Puns walks gingerly across the field of fire, rockets and lasers whizzing by to his left and right and in between Avengers bursting, and enters the hole without a scratch.

-------------------------

There was a new Junktown Scout, his name was Forty-Two Seven or some such, that wanted some help leveling his character, and asked to join him for a caravan. I meet him Hub north and he's with another player with a very similar name to his. I thought nothing of it and we go on caravan, but he wants to go turn-based. So we are on our way, and the turns are absolutely brutal in length. It's as if he were physically running to another computer to move the other character. After a few encounters I tell him, look, if you want to level your other character, this is taking way too long, we can take it to toxic caves or something. To which he replied, "Oh, sorry, but I'm not on that other character. It's my 5 yr old son"
Reminds me of when I once pretended to be a new player and everytime it was my turn I would hold it and refuse to press END CMBT button so turn based lasted forever and made the guy who was helping me go out of his mind. He truly lost it. (Cant remember if it was fo2 or 2238)

Sorry about sloppy quotes. Replying with phone is hectic.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 06:31 by Alaestor »

邪悪

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2019, 12:56 »
Reminds me of when I once pretended to be a new player and everytime it was my turn I would hold it and refuse to press END CMBT button so turn based lasted forever and made the guy who was helping me go out of his mind. He truly lost it. (Cant remember if it was fo2 or 2238)
This story is quite sad, just think of how many new players weren't helped by this guy, because that guy thought that all new players are idiots who don't know how to press END CMBT button.
Then he told everyone "New players are idiots! Don't even bother helping them!".
And now FOnline is dead because of Aco!

Boon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2020, 16:53 »
Not exactly funny, but I do have two stories to share.

-

Some time back NCR was allied with Talon Company.
I didn't play alongside them often, partly due to the language barrier making it difficult to coordinate actions.
And though they had some good guys, they had some others who were jerks.

One night NCR called upon to assist them with interrupting a town control, might've been 3 of us with 7 or so Talons against a team of similar numbers.
The fight begins and we quickly realise this isn't one we would win, so we begin the, uhh… tactical retreat to the exit grid.
I was one of the lucky few who made it there alive, but there was one Talon close behind me who wasn't as lucky, and we shall call him... Steve.

Unknown to me, Steve brought T4 (well a gauss rifle lols) and quickly raged at me for not giving my own life to protect him, never mind that it would have meant both our deaths anyway.

Fast-forward maybe a week or two when NCR was called upon again, but with only me around to answer the call.
This time, we faced a major event at San Francisco titled "Book Sale"... perhaps you've heard of it?
Anyway we spawn docks just like any top pk faction would, advanced to just outside tanker... and then we stop.

Only now do I realise that Talons had brought T4 - like actual stuff, gatling lasers and the like.
But they need someone to check inside tanker... whom shall they pick? One of the fine brave warriors with the big bad pew pew guns? Or that silly NCR man who was poked just for this?

….it was the latter ofcourse.
But I refused.
One person kept insisting on me checking yet I still refused.
Upon asking who was making the demand, their response was to hex me with gatling laser twice (because tesla xD).

What happened next isn't quite clear, but what I could put together from the frantic whispering and what I saw upon returning blacksuit, enemy had spawned shortly after I was killed, seemed that Talons had lost but it was a close fight.
Now I'm not saying the outcome would have been different if I was alive, only that it's a possibility.

Only afterwards did I learn my killer was 'Steve'.
Don't think he was in Talons much longer.

----------
----------
----------
This next one was seen only by a few, yet none seem to recollect the whole truth, or even the truth as it was once known.
It takes place entirely where hopes and dreams go to die, the swamps of Hub.

Once upon a time, there was a young soul named... well I don't remember his name, maybe Brian?
Anyway, Brian was new to this world of ours yet had his mind set on creating his own faction!

What would he call it?
Who would he ask to join it?
What was his goal for the faction?
How would he get the caps?
What does a faction do, anyway?
Is it a good thing to have?
What are caravans?
How to shovel poo poo?
Brian never knew nor cared for these things.

One day, when he was walking around the lamp post downtown telling every passer-by of the great faction he would create, an idea came to him.
And by 'idea' I mean some random guy who thought it was a good idea to fund his faction, not the entire amount but still a good chunk of it.

Suddenly Brian went from having very few caps to having many many caps.
What would he do with them all? Booze and hookers? Equipment he couldn't even use?
No, no.
He saved up those caps to eventually create his faction.

Or he saved them for like a day and *then* blew them on shit.
He ended up buying some gear and a car.
Was either a buggy or a highwayman... not that he needed either as he hardly left Hub.

Most of the caps are now gone, but suddenly something occurred to Brian.
That person who gave him all that money... who believed in him...
By giving up on his faction and wasting the caps... he would be so disappointed with him.
Brian decided he had to make this right as best he could.
So Brian did what many of you would have done.

The good ol' make-new-char-and-pretend-you've-been-robbed trick!
And so that's what he did, cry out to Hub about how his car was stolen with everything he owned in the trunk, went to world map and switched to the 'thief' (his lvl 1 alt ofcourse) to 'boast' to the public on his new 'possession'.

And he was never seen again.
Wasteland is still harsh.
Plasma Rifle is overpowered.
H&K CAWS is overpowered.