Author Topic: Tactical marks  (Read 801 times)

Protos

• View Profile
Tactical marks
« on: February 13, 2020, 08:32 »
It's no secret that FOnline is more of a team game. But how does mechanics support a team, factional game? Shared bases, fractional chat, namecolorizing ... and all?
The FOnline community is multilingual and it is often difficult for people to understand each other even in one language, not to mention a variety of alliances or associations. Moreover, for most battles, especially holding cities, tactics and team actions are important.
I suggest introducing mechanics that are already used on other servers (Requiem, AoP) inside teams, namely tactically marks.
This will increase the tactical potential of the teams, and accordingly increase the quality and colorfulness of PvP.

Zmeja

• View Profile
    • Zmeja
Re: Tactical marks
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2020, 08:38 »
Just want to add my 2 cents here and want to say that this feature is highly Wanted & Needed.

Definitely a big yes from my side. I'm sure most people share this view. especially for a sneaker and a leader this is a godsent thing.
You don't know me? Good. You shouldn't.
http://uralez.de/timer.php - FOnline Events timer

Napalm

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2020, 09:27 »
I like but dislike at same time.

For me the game is enough improved, lots of hotkeys, smart cursor etc etc. If we keep moving this way game will be smarter than us.
Use your inteligence, comunication, its part of game play for me, learn more languages and all. I would like to have a resource like this to use as all leaders, easer.
But for me develope your skills around that miserable little things is something special in game that must be keeped.

Seki

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2020, 13:16 »
Yes, this feature is already on 3 other servers and i hope to see it on FO2 too.

+1

Alexander

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2020, 21:54 »
It would help to explain what these tactical marks actually do.
Community: When is the wipe?

Wesan: Not anytime soon

Raidon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2020, 23:45 »
It would help to explain what these tactical marks actually do.

It tells your team where to stand in fights so they can get splashed by one rocket from the enemy team.

Pyra

• Hello Kitty, I guess.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2020, 15:22 »
It is very useful feature. Marking points for example where team should move, from where enemy is coming etc.
As one who is leading actions would really appreciate such thing in the game.
+1
Nie wale konia, jestem romantykiem.

Akira

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2020, 17:57 »

For me the game is enough improved, lots of hotkeys, smart cursor etc etc. If we keep moving this way game will be smarter than us.
Use your inteligence, comunication, its part of game play for me, learn more languages and all. I would like to have a resource like this to use as all leaders, easer.
But for me develope your skills around that miserable little things is something special in game that must be keeped.

"The game will be smarter than us"
Imagine thinking that this is an issue, higher skill ceiling should be praised by all.

+1 for the idea of these tactical marks, add color change to each inside namecolorizing.txt, or make one called "TacticMarkColorizing.txt"

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2020, 02:30 »

Bruh what the fuck are you on lmao

Tactical marks like that from AoP should be added to any FOnline. It will help a lot, especially for people that call or people that want to give intel to your team.

Only problem I see is that FO2 doesn't have a squad system like AOP, so only faction members should be able to see each others markers.

My Youtube Channel
Fronte Renesco

LuisD

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2020, 16:25 »
The truth would help a lot for pvp or to explain things faster in case they are not communicated by voice

+1