Author Topic: Hey guys ( Still worth playing? )  (Read 506 times)

Dagon

• View Profile
Hey guys ( Still worth playing? )
« on: July 08, 2020, 17:20 »
I have come back since 2238 once.

GOt a bunch of chrs. And since i am lonewofl i got bored after a month or two.

After a couple of years... (3,4) :O

I came back.

Is it worth starting up again?

From the beginning ?

If you think so, please let me know how to delete all of my bases and chrs.

I dont want to rage after a pk and sandboxie my old acounts to help :D

CrimsonDemon

• Supporter
  • Helikopter
    • View Profile
Re: Hey guys ( Still worth playing? )
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2020, 20:28 »
It's up to you.

MarineKing

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2020, 09:25 »
:o lol. Well first off you don't need sandboxie anymore to run multiple windows. Also there has been dual log/fast relog protection implemented too. 

Is the game worth playing? Well it aint dead and there's loads of pvp if that's what you after.
still an ape

Blinkz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2020, 15:12 »
Would personally wait for the new season if your not playing maxed accounts you'll get owned and is very time consuming, and even if your playing maxed accounts there really isn't much to be doing but chasing pvp I tried a few months back and glow was not seeing people in there for up to 12-14 hours off peak hours + as soon as their was people it was like 2-3 people so not really the best solo situation.

really they should have started a new season about a year back to bring back all the players while they were working on the next big updates for hype, but from what ive heard over the last few years wesan is very stuck on not having wipes and having a persistent server rather then wiping so alot of people are in retirement for now.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 15:14 by Blinkz »

邪悪

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2020, 17:42 »
Fonline has a reputation of being session based 2d pixel shooter with TC and zero content. FOnline exists for so many years, that all potential players already know about it. It doesn't matter what devs do: they can add quests, content, other activity - no one will care. If they remove TC or RT combat or stop wiping - people will care and quit. Simple as that. If devs want to change something, they need completely new fresh project with different name, because FOnline is RT TC PvP 2d shooter with wipe every N months. Ask any fallout fan about FOnline, they will tell you that it has nothing to do with Fallout, it's just PvP MMO with fallout sprites. There will be no new players and old are quiting, because no wipe. So yeah, FOnline is truly dead now, mostly because it's too old. It'll have its constant few players, who are true FOnline fanatics and that's it. Then they die by age and no one will play FOnline anymore.

Dagon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2020, 07:32 »
Ughh why so Nihilistic.

I know alot of people from 2238, who are just waiting for the wipe and then will come back again.

But yes, it is very lonely.
I was really never a TC kind of guy.
Did alot of it, but i mostly like playing alone.

So it is a kind of weird experience for now.

How many people are online usually?

Dagon

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2020, 07:33 »
:o lol. Well first off you don't need sandboxie anymore to run multiple windows. Also there has been dual log/fast relog protection implemented too. 

Is the game worth playing? Well it aint dead and there's loads of pvp if that's what you after.

Thanks MarineKing :D
Did not know...

邪悪

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2020, 13:19 »
I know alot of people from 2238, who are just waiting for the wipe and then will come back again.
Did you even read Blinkz and my post? Devs want wipeless server, which logically means... yeah, these people from 2238 will wait forever! Then they will turn into skeletons sitting infront of PC, still waiting for wipe. According to devs, there will be only one and the last wipe. And as I said already many times, if you remove something from FOnline, something, that existed forever, then old people will quit and new people won't come, because of reputation thingy. It's always like that with any project - if you want to change core features of a project, then you must start new project, there's no other way.
You can't turn WoW or dota into shooter, because old players will quit and new players, who didn't like WoW/dota, but love shooters, will never even consider playing these games. That's why everything what happened to FOnline, like quests and dungeons, never attracted new players (because they played FO2238 and didn't like it), while stopping wipes caused old players to quit. This project is already doomed, because it's too old, you can't change it, people already know what FOnline is.