Author Topic: (Session 4) Delete Blue Ammo  (Read 546 times)

xsarq

• View Profile
(Session 4) Delete Blue Ammo
« on: August 05, 2020, 21:13 »
There is absolutely no point in keeping JHP ammo in this game. Just keep things simple and keep special ammo only where it matter.

No one shoots Explosive rockets instead of AP.
No one use blue ammo in Miniguns.
No one use basic flamer ammo.

Multiple kinds of ammo should be used only in cases where its matter like offering diffrent kind of damage types - its well done in case of grenades where players use various kind of grenades for various tasks (EMP for Robots, Plasma for PvP, Frags for PvE)
Xsarqopedia has been fully replaced with Official Wiki. You can expect the newest updates to be added on official wiki just like at old times.

CrimsonDemon

• Supporter
  • Helikopter
    • View Profile
Re: (Session 4) Delete Blue Ammo
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2020, 02:04 »
O K A Y + A D I N(1)

Alaestor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2020, 05:40 »
If ratios were changed and people were given an alternative due to situation it could work out great, just a few tweaks needed

邪悪

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2020, 10:33 »
Devs can make JHP to have +crit chance/roll, which is realistic. And it can be made to be better than AP against metal and worse, which is again realistic, since metal armor covers only your chest and feet. Against CA+ it can be just a little worse with raw damage, but +crit may work as alternative. 5mm JHP must have -DT and -DR, or else it won't be used, which is, ironically, again realistic, as low caliber ammo is always good against armor, since anti-bullet armor uses bullet's blunt force and spreads it on larger area, rather than stops its penetration, that's why you can kill cop with an arrow in the chest, but can't with low power handgun.

In the end it's possible to make JHP useful and at the same time not break logic. So against CA+ (metal for mutants) it'll be choice between damage and critical, and for metal and worse (leather for mutants) JHP will always be better.

The only problem I see, is that when there be wipe and again all that tech progression, people simply won't use AP ammo for a long time, since no one will have CA. So it'll be the same problem as it's now with JHP, but with AP. May be give AP ammo some bonus, if it reduces target's DR to <0%, so it will also be an alternative to JHP even against low armor targets. May be JHP always +crit and AP +crit roll, if target's DR is low.

Boon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2020, 07:47 »
quote spam

No one shoots Explosive rockets instead of AP.

Wrong, I have.
It has an increased radius don't ya know?

No one use blue ammo in Miniguns.

Wrong, I have.
Not in PvP ofcourse, you wouldn't be doing much damage at all except on blacksuits. (some farm npcs that way? weirdos)
But I have used it in other weapons like assault rifle or 10mm pistol.

its well done in case of grenades where players use various kind of grenades for various tasks (EMP for Robots, Plasma for PvP, Frags for PvE)

Wrong, I have seen naders since the update but very few used plasma grenades.

Quote from: fools
plasma rifle is a good example of a balanced weapon

Wrong, just wrong.

No one use basic flamer ammo.

Regular flamer fuel, needler ammo and shotgun shells are pretty terrible when comparing to the other type which does make it odd that weapons use this type by default, but on the other hand, NPCs that use these sorts of weapons will also be using the weaker ammo.
XL70E3 should be using 5mm AP though as the only NPC I believe carry those are Enclave/BoS patrols. (when they can equip it xD)

If ratios were changed and people were given an alternative due to situation it could work out great, just a few tweaks needed

+1
Wasteland is still harsh.
Plasma Rifle is overpowered.
H&K CAWS is overpowered.