6 (7.7%)
Solution #3
19 (24.4%)
Other
7 (9%)
No idea
15 (19.2%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Author Topic: [Community Debate] TC Time Windows  (Read 13364 times)

Rascal

• Developer
    • View Profile
[Community Debate] TC Time Windows
« on: September 01, 2013, 22:00 »
Post your opinion, your experiance from today evening full of action so far.
What we want here is solid discusion - arguments, point of view.
Bring your ideas how to improve current model to disable some things  you dont like etc.

For sure we need to see how this will workout, there will be some adjustments and changes to make the best out of it. For sure this kind of a system has many HUGE advantages:

- Its enforcing and stimulating for TC, u are SURE will be some fight so with this in mind all players are gathering
- Taking city actually starting to mean something, its not just some meaningless kickstarter for PvP, holding city has real value (some trolls cannot retake it from u in deep night hours sitting in toilet) so the loot from locker starting to be significant factor after succesfully taking city
- Together with % gain caps from city economy for gang holding town its even bigger factor
- All city maps are being actually played on TC not only 2-3 most popular
- There is starting to be more possible to try to establish some sort of RP project or just normal playing in this cities for non PvP oriented players and they also know when better not to come there

------------------------

Some ideas for changes are (feel free to comment ad your ideas or totally own concepts):

1. Solution I
- Add shuffling to cities (so each day for example, TC towns are assigned to different window, hours in general stays the same but different city is assigned to different window each day - therefore we are sure all cities will be played - wont be some only early hour city,  that will be never played by group of people who are working.
- Take two cities out from windows - so they will be acting like in previous version - will be able to retake them all the time.
Still with shuffling, it will mean they will be changing so some different time zone players will be able to play all maps too.

2. Solution II
- Shuffling
- Add more TC windows - it will mean that city wont be retakable for few hours like for example 6 hours. So still there will be some bigger benefit and taking city will have its meaning but not that huge as in current pure window model.

3. Solution III
-Shuffling
-Add option to raid towns - ability to attack city, kill some NPCs and after "holding" it for like for example 20 minutes some small reward - forced tribute is paid by city major, faction controling city (in normal TC way) in penalty not receive their 1 hour loot in locker

Option I is the easiest and atm I think the best way. Gimme your thoughts.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 23:13 by Rascal »

A Mexican

• View Profile
Re: [Community Debate] TC Time Windows
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 22:04 »
I vote for option #1.

Huehuehue let the the flaming begin!

P.S. Can we rotate ALL towns? For example-

"Windowed" towns for today: BH, Gecko, Modoc, Klammath
"Free" towns for today: Den, Redding

Windowed towns tomorrow: Den, Redding, BH, Gecko
"Free" towns tomorrow: Modoc, Klammath

I have no clue how hard this is to code, just a suggestion.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 22:09 by A Mexican »

Glumer

• Local Moderator
  • Never giving up
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2013, 22:06 »
öption 3 sounds good, but 1 can be ok

Mutie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2013, 22:08 »
I really enjoyed the TC windows, no more usless waiting without pvp for 15 minutes to lost the town after a bit.
Evene the times are perfect, we can have action all the day and much organization.
Before this update TC was a massively PvP done in 2 minutes and nothing more, a fire and forget.

To meet extraeuropeans time i suggest to leave Klamath and Redding or Klamath and Den like before, without TC windows.

Xtreme

• Local Moderator
  • The chase it's better than the catch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2013, 22:12 »
i dont like any solution, what i said, the last tc in our time zone is in 5 pm, we have stuff to do in our rl, so for us this is not fair at all, the actual situation its like the server its only for european guys, and not for americans ones.

I vote for option #1.

Huehuehue let the the flaming begin!

P.S. Can we rotate ALL towns? For example-

"Windowed" towns for today: BH, Gecko, Modoc, Klammath
"Free" towns for today: Den, Redding

Windowed towns tomorrow: Den, Redding, BH, Gecko
"Free" towns tomorrow: Modoc, Klammath

I have no clue how hard this is to code, just a suggestion.

maybe this would be a good solution, but i dont know

Sharky

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2013, 22:15 »
Why not make the windows work according to in-game time? A full 24 hour in-game is 72 minutes RL, so 1 town every 12-24 ingame hours

Rascal

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2013, 22:29 »
Mexican you are just describing what is shuffling :F
Rotating/Shuffling you name it - but yes its just the mechanism what is in all 3 solutions.

the dude

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2013, 22:39 »
i am with extreme fully on this, the west side of the world is kind of getting the shaft here, but i think if some towns are always available or rotated like in option 1 or the mexican's post. i think that would likely be ok.

A Mexican

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2013, 22:51 »
Mexican you are just describing what is shuffling :F
Rotating/Shuffling you name it - but yes its just the mechanism what is in all 3 solutions.

Oh, I thought by reshuffle you mean that you'll only reshuffle the windowed towns. All good then! We're all for it!

avv

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2013, 23:09 »
I don't think limiting player's options like this is the right way. The chance to choose where and when to do tc is important because tc is done when the player team is ready, not when some artificial timer shows it.

Taintickle

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2013, 23:12 »
Solution 1 seems pretty good. Are these windows going to be in game for everyone to view?

skycast

• Administrator
  • Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2013, 23:14 »
Solution 1 seems pretty good. Are these windows going to be in game for everyone to view?
Yes.

hejmr

• Love and harmony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2013, 23:43 »
All three solutions sound fucking good to me. They all give an opportunity for Grim Reapers to take towns at night so that might calm them down a bit. But we don't want them to do that so freely so I'd finally vote for option 3. Option 2 wouldn't really change anything.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 23:45 by hejmr »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_Ur9CAWsaM
Being a FOnline veteran means sinking in sentiment every time you look at the clock and it's 22:38.

Xtreme

• Local Moderator
  • The chase it's better than the catch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2013, 01:17 »
we used to play with 400 of ping afterthat we still playing and now you take away the posibility of do tc..... thats not fair at all, sorry i dont like this for sure, we have the same rights of europeans guys, and about of the hejmr post, thats not fair men, why we get "small reward"? we used to fight with ppl in the night, but ppl dont wanna fight without "leaders" and "swarm" yesterday we faught againts c88 in a 5 v 5 and they die, ppl cant fight in equal numbers? same with hawks, in our nights few hawks are active, we are always 5 or 7 guys, no more, and they have the ppl to attack us, but they dont, i know this is a test, but for sure i expect this gonna go to the fairness way.

Besmrtnik

• HelloTitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2013, 01:55 »
option 1 but, you can shuffle for example 1 week one set of windows, not each day

suggestion I already said before mayority is CET(europe gmt+1) time zone, second mayoriti of players is CST ( USA, brasil gmt-5)

so windows be tarteded aroud those to time zones evening few towns -/+3h 21:00 in europe zone, and next few towns around 21:00 +/-3h in usa/brazil time zone

and each monday zones are shuffeled in different order :)
The mark of the immature man is that he
wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the
mature man is that he wants to live humbly for
one