6 (7.7%)
Solution #3
19 (24.4%)
Other
7 (9%)
No idea
15 (19.2%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Author Topic: [Community Debate] TC Time Windows  (Read 14090 times)

LukeTheLucky

• View Profile
Re: [Community Debate] TC Time Windows
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2014, 20:14 »
me personaly dont like shuffling/rotating windows much, IMO there should be 12 hours period which would allow Tc for anyone. For example something like this

00:00-01:30 Modoc TC
02:00-03:30 Gecko TC
04:00-05:30 Klamath TC
06:00-07:30 Redding TC
08:00-09:30 Den TC
10:00-11:30 Broken Hills TC

12:00-13:30 Modoc TC
14:00-15:30 Gecko TC
16:00-17:30 Klamath TC
18:00-19:30 Redding TC
20:00-21:30 Den TC
22:00-23:30 Broken Hills TC

12 hours should be long enough to spawn resources worth taking town.
90 minutes is a bit increased time to take town and 30 minutes is nice time to take brake and/or make some management or preparations for another town.

So this is my suggestion without any kind of shuffling, also i believe every time zone will be able to participate in TC.

EDIT:Iam not sure how TC box works now, but IMO you should not loose spawned resourced if any other faction retake town. In general there should be TC box with own content for every faction. 20 TC boxes sounds quite bad, but maybe it would be possible to set difrent faction members see difrent content for same TC box.

THIS! Perfect, couldn't make it better. With or without shuffling is a debatable matter, but 1,5h windows with 0,5h breaks all day long is great, and 12h is surely enough to make holding a city profitable.

I think this is a good solution. But I also think cities should be able to be (yeah!) strengthened by NPC guards. NPC Guard types can be set, they should be able to be recruited and given gear. They should cost some money(weekly wages) for maintenance. All types should be able to trained by money and gain experience as well. They can also serve the cop service to visiting players.

Also, I think towns should have natural resources that can be set as a working mine(auto-mine) and custom businesses so they can provide extra income for the owner of the town. With each raid and take over; It starts all over again.

So this should make cities holdable, making them valuable to develop. This shall add a perspective of profit=income-cost as well. And npc guards will make the owned towns enjoyable -if- the controlling factions wills it.

What about that huh?

So this way people can actually hold towns for long periods of time, maybe?

CRONOS

• Long live the Enclave!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2015, 20:03 »
Solution 3 would add so much replay to the overall game, it's mindboggling. Really hope to see something like this implemented, because TC isn't it. Why can't we do it with NON-player factions as well, rather the NPC-driven factions we've joined?

With each effective or lasting offensive, you gain faction points or faction xp to purchase unique unlockables, tough NPC followers to accompany you, base upgrades to hold off counter-offensives more easily... resource requirements for these upgrades for crafters to partake...

That's how it'd be under me, in theory if anything, if I-I mean... if I were an inch closer to as patient and skillful as the devs for this game no doubt have to be.  ;D
Agent CRONOS

Szela81

« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2015, 11:22 »
And how about this?

Town Control wchich is actual control.

Gecko and BH

XX controls those cities and go ares. BEcause they control it and there are rules of retaking it.

NEW:
- as you can speak to specific char to TC you may speak to other - i.e. shopkeeper in BH (from F2 she was in coutner mutant resistance), Lynette in VC for gecko.
- you start digging - i. e. kill 5 unity patrols one will have acces code to mine.
- sabotage mine with sneaker
- steal using putting evidence of sabotage to xx
- when it all works you break town control to local resistance and get paid from them
- one TC window is setted  to local NPCs and factions need to regain it

Gecko similar - kill some reactor guards, gain acces to reactor, sneak break it and blame xxx
Other cities - it sure can be invented .

What is gained from that kind of actions?
Smaller groups can mess with tc, more random to same routine.
Current controller of city can watch cruicial places to prevent this, it will take actual beeing in controlled town wchich sounds reasonable.

maszrum

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2015, 12:45 »
simple things, 5 minutes of work - move tc 18:00 window to 21:00 and add small chances to rare shit, implants to tc lockers till there are some players on the server :(

bad z

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2015, 15:46 »
simple things, 5 minutes of work - move tc 18:00 window to 21:00 and add small chances to rare shit, implants to tc lockers till there are some players on the server :(
+1 to this gentleman

Grinn

« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2015, 00:05 »
+1