Author Topic: (ARCHIVED) NCR News Network  (Read 3561 times)

NCR Government

• Building a better future. For us.
    • View Profile
(ARCHIVED) NCR News Network
« on: January 11, 2014, 22:18 »

Citizens of the New California Republic! Wastelanders!

This is James Powell, the newly elected President of NCR. I bring great news to you. The age of darkness and savagery has ended. Humanity thrives. Civilization thrives. It's your achievement. Our achievement. So, it is our job to keep it that way.

Thus, by the rights granted me by the majority of citizens, with the Coucil's approval, I hereby declare war on groups that endanger our people's property and health. Those that threathen our way of lives, our ideals, our dreams must be crushed by the will of many.

Citizens! You are already on the right track. Wastelanders! If you are looking for safety, search no more. Apply for citizenship today. And finally, if you are one of them... that threathens our nation... pillages our lands...

I forgive you. I'm giving you a last chance to lay your weapons, surrender and negotiate the terms of your capitulation at the Shady Sands Police Station. Who arrives by tomorrow with a confession, can't expect worse sentence than being sent to a Work Allocation Center, where we figure out how can he best serve our glorious society.

A new dawn has come. Fellow Californians! With your help, everything is possible. Currently the Council is reviewing our law system, the militia, our diplomatic and trade agreements. We will create a calm, secure and prospering country. No matter the cost. Stay tuned for news!

You were listening to James Powell, President of the New Californian Republic.

NCR. Building a better future. For us!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 23:30 by TopHat Orange »

vaultloner94

• War, War never changes
    • View Profile
Re: NCR News Network (do not reply)
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 05:38 »
Boo!!! I didn't vote for you. When were the elections held and what happened to Tandi?  >:(
Spoiler

NCR Government

• View Profile
Task priority and President Tandi
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 10:49 »

Citizens of NCR! This is President Powell speaking.

It's just a quick broadcast. All I have to say is - Thank you. We have yet to reopen the Militia Recruiment center, yet more and more expresses their will to get enlisted. Your dedication and support reassures me. We are on the good, right and just path.

Currently the staff struggles to organise the administration. The cavalary isn’t in the shape it’s used to be. I ensure you people, organizing the militia is our top priority. Soon, the gates wil be open to anyone willing to help. I only ask for a little more patience.

Another thing… our office receives questions about President Tandi. Well, she deserves nothing more than our great respect and eternal gratitude. Considering that she would be 101 yeras old if she would be still alive, it’s understandable that people miss her - she was in the office for longer than 70 years. There are families who did vote for her since three generations. Her memory remains with us forever.

Once the more pressing matters around setting up our administration are dealt with, a ‘President Tandi Memorial Day’ will be appointed as national holiday. There will be carnival, fireworks, beer on tap. You people deserve it. So as her.

- you were listening to James Powell. Stay strong Californians! 

NCR - Building a better future. For us.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 10:52 by President James Powell »

NCR Government

• View Profile
Re: NCR News Network (do not reply)
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 22:07 »

Citizens of the New California Republic!

This is James Powell, President of NCR. Those who follow the logs of our Public Relations Department knows that we receive queries about the exact position of our borders and affiliation towards various towns.

First of all. I can not say a bad word about President Tandi. If I ever achieve as much as she did for the people - or even a fraction of that - than I’ll be a happy and accomplished man. But it has to be told that many things documented in the previous administration just doesn't match the facts.

We all know that when a wastelanders says ‘I’m going to NCR.’, he means that he is headed to Shady Sands. Only the really old remembers that the Republic was, and still is an alliance of cities with like minded people. On paper at least. Take a look at those two maps I found in the archives.

Of course, we know this isn't the case anymore. In practice, there wasn't much documented diplomacy with Governors of allied towns in the past decade. Even the NCR Ranger’s influence was pushed back to the immediate vicinity of Sands.

I hope everyone agrees with me that the present state is unacceptable. We are at war. War against savagery. War against sick, deformed ideas. The idea of life having no value. That possession is defined by force. Our enemies are not people. Our enemies are misconceptions. Complex delusions that plague the minds of humanity and threaten our concepts of freedom, fairness, equality and security.

Everyone who agrees with our simple ideals are our allies - even if they don’t know it yet. We won’t dabble about petty differences, old preconceptions, wordings of laws, trade disputes. Ensuring security and prosperity takes priority.

In the light of the situation, our diplomatic envoys will contact Governors of towns and leaders of other notabilities to discuss details of cooperation. When the Botherhood or the Enclave knocks on our doors we will do the same we would do with any other people. Check how they affiliate to innate human rights. And if we find that public interests are oppressed by the few, we intervene.

This is not a plan. This is happening as I speak and you listen. It is my pleasure to inform you, that an elite squadron of Rangers secured Broken Hills today. Citizens of the town now celebrate the elimination of a small hostile force that terrorized them. Our team left a small militia in Hills, just to prevent such atrocity to ever happen again.

I assure you that this was only our first move. I would be glad to inform everyone of the further steps our Marshall's plan towards humaity’s betterment, but strategical reasons prevent that.

Stay tuned for further good news.

NCR. Building a better future. For us.

NCR Government

• View Profile
About the NCR Army
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 11:41 »

Citizens of the New California Republic!

As we receive many inquires and a few complaints about the topic, today I'm going to do some disambiguation about the branches of the NCR Army. In the Shady Sands region, the groups an average wastelander will meet are the Rangers, the Militia, and the City Police.

The police is unchanged - they are the same guys that served under Tandi too - and various Councils and Governors of other towns. As people know them for long, and they don't leave their respectable cities, this broadcast isn't about them. You know them for long, and they deserve our gratitude.

There are also the infamous NCR Rangers. I could do some balloon-peeling, praising their inhumane skill, efficiency and all the good they do the Republic. But citizens deserve my honesty. So... every rumor is true. They are the best of the best. Their training is hard to survive. They have access to technology barely imaginable for the common man - myself included.

That proficiency  is the glue that holds our land together. The price our administration (and the previous staffs) payed is their autonomy. That might shock you, but I have to tell the truth: they do as they see fit. Most Councilors are afraid to even admit that. I don't have that luxury. We don't know where their bases are. We don't know where will they strike next. Hell, we're still waiting for them to install a big red phone on my desk so we can at least -reach- them when there is immediate need.

However, every report we receive about the NCR Rangers assures us that they do know what they are doing, and they act in accordance of Republic politics and laws. One more thing: if the Rangers would attempt a coup, declare martial law, or otherwise tried to turn our democracy into dictatorship - they could do it with minimal bloodshed. The fact that nothing like that happens makes me content that all their isolation and secrecy is nothing but security. Not for them, but for us. I am thankful for the great work they do. You all should be.

And there is the NCR Militia. That branch was pretty non-existent by the time I occupied my office. They have the hardest task there is - they have to work with what they get. Enthusiastic tribals, forced recruits, metahumans, untrained civilians. I have to admit: I did doubt that the Militia initiative would work. I did doubt that our officers would succeed in training and coordinating a branch with such different backgrounds, convictions, training and ideas.

Allow me to be proud when I'm saying that - I was wrong. Yesterday, an executive of mine did a surprise-inspection. What he saw was a well equipped and coordinated platoon doing training. They didn't receive governmental funding, elite officers or pieces of lost technology. All they got is encouragement and concealed doubt of the Council. They had to work with civilians, past criminals, suspected cannibals. Yet, there are no petty disputes, they respect the property of each other, and they work for the betterment of our society.

Militiants! The whole Republic owes you a big thanks. Let me speak for our citizens: Thank you. No one did so much from so less. Respect your Generals, and aid your people. Surely, there were a few... slips. It would have been a wonder if there weren't. It wont mitigate all the good you also do. And I just know that when everyone gets fully integrated, the complains will stop. Until than, our legislative branch will have your backs. I'm content that there is no need for the court while the group forms and grows. Just carry on with the excellent works you are already doing.

NCR. Building a better future. For us!

NCR Government

• View Profile
grave news
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2014, 13:26 »

My fellow Californians!

Yesterday was a grave day to the Republic. To get starlight to the point: A saboteur is infiltrated one of the main  outposts of the NCR Militia. A substantial amount of war supplies was taken, but what's more important, the branch's morale is in ruins. Military leaders doubt if they can carry on without a painful reorganization.

The perpetrators identified themselves as 'The Resistance'. They even did dare to offer us the return of the stolen supplies if our administration apologized for the NCR citizens that were slaughtered by our soldiers. Of course, the NCR doesn't negotiate with terrorists, even with such delusional ones. Thus shots were fired at the exchange, the assailants were reported to flee successfully.

So... you know what? I, President Powell of the New Californian Republic, by the power  granted to me by the will of the many, in the name of our soldiers and our whole administration.. I apologize for all the bloodshed we did. It's needless to deny we could do better.

In my vision of the future, all the savages, cannibals, thieves, murderers, druglords and terrorists are resocialized and integrated into the Republic. The harsh reality on the other hand is that enemies of Freedom and Justice are so many that we couldn't deal with them while holding onto our ideals of a fair and transparent justice system. Field verdicts and executions are numerous. I has no doubt that some days even innocent civilians are mistreated by this. The projected number of them is huge: 0.02% And I'm really, truly sorry for them. But law has to be sustained. Order has to be sustained. NCR must prevail! For a bright future and for the betterment of humanity!

Thus, by the power granted to me by the citizens of the Republic, I hereby sentence every member of the Resistance to death by bullets. Any and every citizen is eligible to carry out the verdict. The names of their known members are:

Barabbas
Marika Lovejoy
Bloody Crafts
Little Sue

If the verdict is carried out by a Ranger or a member of the NCR Army, they are eligible for promotion, a special commendation and 10.000 Bottle Caps. Sadly, for civilians I can only offer my, and the Republic's eternal gratitude.

If anyone locates their hideout and leads a Ranger taskforce there, he's eligible for receiving 1000 acres of land near Sands, a flock of 500 brahmins and a seat in the city Council.

And soldiers of the NCR Army: Do not fret! Stay strong! The disorganization you experience is temporary. The chain of command will be restored, and you'll become stronger than ever. Don't give up the hope of doing good. The biggest and greatest empire the wasteland saw since the War is behind you. Build a better future! For us!