Author Topic: Questions and Answers  (Read 654700 times)

Nivek

• The greatest tragedy in life is wasted talent
    • View Profile
Re: Questions and Answers
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2013, 09:36 »
#1; Is it gonna be working on mac as in Fonline 2238 (Wineskin) Or have someone from the Alpha tried

#2; Will it be same soulution as F2238 when it comes to tent & bases

#3; And how long have you guys been working on Fonline 2

#4; Whats the first main focus in the beta for you developers

#(5); Lets start a new era!

Babylon

• Never hear bigger bullshit than you say now
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2013, 09:37 »
I think its very good , but i see the video and i still dont know what is max lvl

skycast

• Administrator
  • Working on engine
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2013, 10:15 »
#1; Is it gonna be working on mac as in Fonline 2238 (Wineskin) Or have someone from the Alpha tried

#2; Will it be same soulution as F2238 when it comes to tent & bases

#3; And how long have you guys been working on Fonline 2

#4; Whats the first main focus in the beta for you developers

#(5); Lets start a new era!
1) Will be tested before beta
2) Not same but tents and bases presented
3) More than year
4) Provide fun, receive feedback

Nivek

• The greatest tragedy in life is wasted talent
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2013, 10:32 »
Thanks for a quick answer! Looking even more forward to it now
Bonus Q; What has been the biggest problem this far ?

Strike

• View Profile
    • FOnline: Reloaded
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2013, 10:59 »
I got some things to ask... 1: Wiki will come? 2: How we report bugs? Is there 2238 like report place, at the forums or ingame reports? 3: Are there many quests done so far? 4: Are there same amount perks/traits than on 2238? Only readjusted?
You are not alone, gun is your only friend on wasteland.

greenthumb

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2013, 11:04 »
@Babylon: Level cap should be 26, but from what i read it should be just "soft cap" so additional leveling will keep bringing some lesser benefits to your stats.

Question 1:
What about weapons and armors deterioration? What model you gona use for this? If you got certain furmula, it would be realy nice to know it :)

Question 2:
Is there any feateure/s to encourage activities inside Unguarded towns? I mean something else than PVP shooting,so players will actualy stay inside town, prolonging they presence.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 11:09 by greenthumb »
Cheapest shop in the wasteland!
GT's Shop

skycast

• Administrator
  • Working on engine
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2013, 11:11 »
Question 1:
What about weapons and armors deterioration? What model you gona use for this? If you got certain furmula, it would be realy nice to know it :)
Question 2:
Is there any feateure/s to encourage activities inside Unguarded towns? I mean something else than PVP shooting,so players will actualy stay inside town, prolonging they presence.
1: For armor - deterioration depends from received dmg, dead type not affects. For weapons it is skill dependent.
2: Quests, craft,events, gathering resouces. And forgot main thing - safe trading for some places*)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 11:15 by skycast »

Wesan

• Developer
  • The one who smiled.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2013, 11:38 »
Unguarded towns are very beneficial. The trader prices are lower and special buyer's will buy rare tech from you, also hq crafting stuff will be cheaper than in protected towns.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 11:40 by Wesan »

greenthumb

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2013, 11:59 »
@armor deterioration:
Sounds pretty good, but 2000 damage bypasses will cause extra damage to armors...
But "bypass" is more likely hitting gaps in armor , what should cause very low deterioration. Not important at all :D.
So logicaly deterioration should be related not to "taken damage to armor wearer" but to "damage taken to armor", which is actualy dependent from armor resitances and armor durability IMHO.

@wesan:
Iam looking forward all these benefits from unsafe towns activities.
Cheapest shop in the wasteland!
GT's Shop

skycast

• Administrator
  • Working on engine
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2013, 12:35 »
So logicaly deterioration should be related not to "taken damage to armor wearer" but to "damage taken to armor",
Logicaly some armors not defend hands and legs, also crit eye shot logicaly must affect head but not body like it is in animation *))) so dont think we must go so deep with logic.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 12:39 by skycast »

Babylon

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2013, 14:03 »
Yes it's really important to know , how we can  craft vechicles? :DD hah its just idea :D

Babylon

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2013, 14:06 »
And what about , wiki ? it's possible to make a browser like 2238 wiki ?

T-888

• Contributor
  • Soldiers of Thunderstorm
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2013, 14:15 »
Hey there Babylon, it's not a bid deal currently, but just like on any forum use the post edit function whenever possible and please don't double post. Thanks.

Merle

« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2013, 14:15 »
Some ramblings (from a loner's perspective):

- I’m interested in your thoughts about the “Cautious Nature” perk and the “Outdoorsman” skill. What would be (imo) extremely useful to loners (who have invested more than 100 SP into outdoorsman) is when you hear the encounter signal, the generic map would pop out (in this style, only a desert one)

You would then be given 5 or so seconds to select one of the possible spawn locations (which depend on your outdoors skill) before you are thrown into the encounter. For example, 75% outdoors would allow you to spawn on the far west/east, closer to exit grid; 100% adds north & south; 125% adds SW & NE; 150% SE & NW. The reason for this is to be able to get at least some scouting advantage on those builds whose outdoorsman almost always stays below 50%. Finally, the “Cautious Nature” perk would allow you to skip the encounter altogether (perk obtainable via outdoors % or some crazy-ass difficult quest).

- IF there are special encounters such as or similar to "hidden bomb shelter" (with lockers, containers etc.), will the player be able to have them visible on his world map; i.e. to keep and use them as his new hideout… since they are a real bitch to find and a real gem as well; and it is impossible to overstate the loner's joy once he runs into something like that and the disappointment once he realizes that he must part with it.

- are you guys thinking about creating different more aggressive NPC threats to factions and loners? For example, let's say that when you get back to your tent/safe house, there's a small pack of animals, or a small gang of raiders, or a rogue super mutant awaiting you (their toughness based on your level progression or skill % if possible?). If you lose the fight, they loot some of the items you have scavenged (preferably drugs, guns & ammo; animals loot nothing but food… maybe drugs). The similar principle would work for the faction as well, the only difference being that bases would have a scout tower that would contact the faction members via radio whenever the enemy movement was in the vicinity and give them a 1 day timer or so to organize their defenses. However, this NPC raid on PC faction bases would only occur if 50-75% of the faction members were online at that moment (if this is even possible by scripting? I’m a complete idiot regarding any programming, so please forgive me in advance for any ignorance that I may present you with). The general idea is to add some danger into the wasteland in order to prevent the bases from becoming a dragon’s lair of endless items. The chance and frequency of getting raided would also depend on where your base is located on the worldmap (the further away from the civilization you are, the less the chance that you’ll get raided).

All in all, these are just some ramblings of a brain damaged psycho addict, so don’t think of them as my “suggestions”, but more like “imagine if…” thingies.

Lookin’ forward to the beta testing!

Cheers!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 14:32 by Merle »

Babylon

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2013, 14:24 »
No problem my lady ;))