Author Topic: Questions and Answers  (Read 642353 times)

Alexander

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
Re: Questions and Answers
« Reply #4920 on: March 22, 2019, 23:59 »
Can you give us some more information?

Computer Specs, error message, which updater, etc.
Community: When is the wipe?

Wesan: Not anytime soon

Dream Collector

• fuck justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4921 on: March 23, 2019, 19:07 »
Is there any up to date Hit Chance Calculator? The best would be online version.

Hobgoblin

• View Profile
« Reply #4922 on: March 23, 2019, 21:58 »
Can you give us some more information?

Computer Specs, error message, which updater, etc.

SPEC:
i7-4790
gtx970
16gb ram 2400mghz

No error message, just stop working when starts (FOUpdater). And FOUpdaterConsole same

Wesan

• Developer
  • The one who smiled.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4923 on: March 24, 2019, 11:40 »
Use discord for such questions please. Forum transitioned there.

You can't launch game or cannot launch updater or both?
Try to clear cache and launch the updater as admin.

The lack of it launching sounds like missing framework, what windows are you on?

Dequ

• View Profile
« Reply #4924 on: March 25, 2019, 12:18 »
Is there any up to date Hit Chance Calculator? The best would be online version.

There is none that is (100%) accurate, but there is one that is almost accurate. I can send it to you later or ask Zmeja in discord, I think he had newest version of it. Use it and then test in game before adding final skill points to get optimal values.

Hobgoblin

• View Profile
« Reply #4925 on: March 25, 2019, 19:56 »
Use discord for such questions please. Forum transitioned there.

You can't launch game or cannot launch updater or both?
Try to clear cache and launch the updater as admin.

The lack of it launching sounds like missing framework, what windows are you on?

I tried to message on discord but nobody answer me. Dunno why.
About game launch - it's working fine and message me UPDATE YOUR CLIENT

Phoenix7786

• View Profile
« Reply #4926 on: May 07, 2019, 08:44 »
Hey there :D Got into the Fallout series a few years ago. I went through Fallout 1 two times; 1 play-through of Fallout 2; working on Fallout 1.5 and Fallout 2 RP. Also trying to work on 3 but I am having trouble getting invested into it.

Anyways I liked the idea of Fallout online, so I used some Google-Fu--and lo and behold I discovered this as well as Reloaded. Anyways that brings me to my question for you: how much PvE is in this? From what I've gathered, people seem to tell me this game focuses heavily on PvP compared to Reloaded. My own perception of Reloaded was that I was dissatisfied that it was a non-canonical midquel sandwiched between the first two Fallout games and felt very...railroady to me. I understand this version of Fallout Online is set closer to Fallout 2, which makes it feel less rail-roaded than Reloaded. With this in mind, how much PvE content is in this version? I enjoy cooperative PvE and PvP games, but want to make sure that the balance of what I am looking for is present here.

Blobfish

• View Profile
« Reply #4927 on: May 07, 2019, 14:44 »
Hey there :D Got into the Fallout series a few years ago. I went through Fallout 1 two times; 1 play-through of Fallout 2; working on Fallout 1.5 and Fallout 2 RP. Also trying to work on 3 but I am having trouble getting invested into it.

Anyways I liked the idea of Fallout online, so I used some Google-Fu--and lo and behold I discovered this as well as Reloaded. Anyways that brings me to my question for you: how much PvE is in this? From what I've gathered, people seem to tell me this game focuses heavily on PvP compared to Reloaded. My own perception of Reloaded was that I was dissatisfied that it was a non-canonical midquel sandwiched between the first two Fallout games and felt very...railroady to me. I understand this version of Fallout Online is set closer to Fallout 2, which makes it feel less rail-roaded than Reloaded. With this in mind, how much PvE content is in this version? I enjoy cooperative PvE and PvP games, but want to make sure that the balance of what I am looking for is present here.

You can enjoy several pve instanced dungeons and quest locations here. Some of them will require cooperation with other players, some wont.
Once a week there is pve event in random unprotected town where pvp is disabled during that event, forcing players to cooperate rather than shoot each others.
Certain zones will have certain npcs or loot that you can farm. For example, ruins around SF can be interesting for new players looking for pve/farming as lockers there can spawn higher tier of items.
The larger the player group is - the larger the group of npcs will be in encounter. Same goes for caravans. So whole thing can be challenging.

When entering random zone encounter it will become open for other players to find you if they are traveling over same zone.

There is also sierra caves complex that is filled with pve challenges. You can enjoy this experience alone or with company. In that place you can meet other players that will, probably, be hostile. So, one can say, sierra caves is pve/pvp well balanced.
You can think that game mechanics are pushing players to pvp, and even that this might be true, you can still enjoy various pve challenges all you like, even that you wont find here numerous big pve-only instances.

And, worth to mention, there are public location dungeons that require bigger group to go through them. They can provide a fun pve experience. These locations are often visited by pvp factions as loot pool is better than on other places.

There are more details on wiki about all that, and it is pretty much up to date.
You can also check this thread.

Best is to check the game and features on your own, inform via wiki if you like spoilers.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 15:13 by Blobfish »

Phoenix7786

• View Profile
« Reply #4928 on: May 07, 2019, 20:18 »
Thank you so much for your answers. One last question for you then: aside from the usual sort of "one-off" quests, is there any sort of plot or "chain" quests? This is a Fallout game and that overarching plot is one of the strong points for me. Naturally this is an MMO so I don't expect there to be some sort of permanent change we make to the world at large. It's still nice though to feel like what we do makes a difference.

Blobfish

• View Profile
« Reply #4929 on: May 07, 2019, 22:19 »
"Main" plot quest is your first quest that you get when you make character. If you speak with a guy named Kenny who is standing next to the tent you will find out more.

Quest that you get for Cathedral (you need to read certain holodisk to activate it) can be named also as quest where you are changing things, depends how you will decide to play. As quest is repetitive, it can break the immersion, but still counting.

Phoenix7786

• View Profile
« Reply #4930 on: May 08, 2019, 19:40 »
Thank you so much for your time to answer these questions. You have been very helpful!

Blackwood

• Headshot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4931 on: May 18, 2019, 19:35 »
Hi there, is something wrong with the player shop merchants without employer? I've already purchased two tickets for two different merchants, waited more than one day and they are still without contract. Is it possible that you don't get selected even if you're the only one purchasing tickets? If it's not, shouldn't be any other owning the shop?

Thanks in advanced.

the pig

• View Profile
« Reply #4932 on: July 16, 2019, 12:04 »
ive seen that its possible to increase prices in player driven shops above the 999.999 caps maximum (of having only 6 digits avaiable.)
(atm seki is selling marksman imp for 2.5kk at his shop)

i wonder how that works ! ?
thx for replies :)

the pig

• View Profile
« Reply #4933 on: July 19, 2019, 23:56 »
nobody got a clue ?

Father Anderson

• " Love the lord or thou shall be punished "
    • View Profile
« Reply #4934 on: July 20, 2019, 12:44 »
I've lost the password of a charachter I used to play a while ago. Any ways I could get one of the admins to give it to me or reset it? Don't really know how to prove it's mine besides the fact that it has the same name as my forum name aka " FatherAnderson " which I've had for years now, it's in MRMC faction which I happen to have several other chars as officer in and it probably was logged off in one of my bases that only my other charachters have access to.
✞ " If anyone does not love the lord, Jesus Christ, let him be accused. Oh lord come Amen. " ✞