Author Topic: NCR isnt dead anyway  (Read 2874 times)

Glumer

• Local Moderator
  • Never giving up
    • View Profile
NCR isnt dead anyway
« on: March 11, 2014, 16:25 »
Cause someones butthurt all things on forum are gone, but still you can find NCR army ingame. Soon will be more info.

BLDYMSS

Re: NCR isnt dead anyway
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 18:02 »
This post is just weak. For weeks we hear nothing from NCR leaders and then a one-liner that says nothing more than "go fuck yourselves, we're done".

Glumer, how much insight do you have on this? Did devs spill any info about NPC faction's future?

barabbas

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 18:25 »
This post is just weak.

Indeed. And especially if it came from guy (mushroom) who basically abandoned whole ncr project from day 1, once he got set up for pvp/TC with his free bases and gear. Then he comes and says 'we're done good luck', no explanation, no nothing. It's huge slap in the face to people like Iziar/Tophat Orange, tracy/kimble, etc, who are trying to make it work. Anyways his post doesn't really change anything, other than unnecessarily deleting everything in this subforum. He wasn't doing anything with it anyway, and the people who were will continue to do so.

Zechs Merquise

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 18:52 »
NCR will never be dead so long as it's soldiers still remain loyal. I'll continue to help people and keep the city safe.

zuhardu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2014, 19:22 »
This was a certain fail from the start. When they started talking about this before wipe it sounded good but I always wandered how will they fill the gaps. Biggest gap was city defence, no matter how no lifer some players can be they only are that way because they are doing something they like. Guarding a town from nobody is something not even no lifers could do because it's not appealing. You can't do that with a city, that's all. They could do something like that with a special location and instances (windows for attack, windows for defend, windows for army (group) scripped events). 

On the other hand, why so much hate? The talk about player/npc driven factions is as old as Fonline games, these guys gave it a shoot. Of course it went wrong, you don't make it right from the first try with something like this but that's how you get better. There are so many things that you need to plan, to manage, to get them right and so many things that can go wrong. And, of course, the biggest FO enemy: BOREDOM. You have to constantly give players shit to do or they will start killing innocent players just to feel that they are doing something.

Congratz for having the ballz to try something new! It didn't went as planned because the plan was flawed from the start and the players will always be jerks and prefer to make things harder than to help. But this is how things always were in these games and despite that, these games delivered a gameplay feeling that most of the big games out there could only dream of.

I stopped playing for some while now so I have no ideea who is to blame. All I know is that I will always prefer guys that try and fail to guys that only mock and have expectations. And these guys tried... Who knows, maybe they will replan the whole thing and try again or, maybe, they will try something else. Just stop hating so much just because it didn't went as well as everybody hopped! 

barabbas

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2014, 19:48 »
it's not town raids that made it fail. Actually I still don't think it did fail, despite the "we give up" post. NCR Army faction is still fully functional and unless the devs remove their ability to shoot in town they will remain so. NCR Rangers and NCR Leadership have been absent for weeks anyway, not contributing at all. I dont get why they have to come make an "it's over" post when they had nothing to do with the project for quite some time. (and for rangers faction, when they did actually participate, they failed and basically ruin project because it became clear they actually just wanted normal pvp faction)

But town raids dont even happen that often really, since there isn't a good reward for the raiders. You are right that expecting soldiers to guard nothing is boring and silly. That's why a certain faction is helping to keep things interesting in town (more on that later ;) )

Having town raid time windows and maybe npc raid are both good ideas. But really I think it comes down to the leadership losing interest within about 2 weeks of session start. But so what? There's really no need to give up on it now - nothing has changed recently, its been just NCR army for weeks now.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 19:52 by barabbas »

posfan12

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2014, 22:51 »
I have mixed feelings. I've received help from NCR after being trolled by a PK'er. On the other hand there's a PK'er camping the suburb entrance to SS right now (there's corpse loot lying around everywhere) and it doesn't seem anyone is doing anything about it.

EagleYa

• I still suck. Nothin' has changed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2014, 22:53 »
I have mixed feelings. I've received help from NCR after being trolled by a PK'er. On the other hand there's a PK'er camping the suburb entrance to SS right now (there's corpse loot lying around everywhere) and it doesn't seem anyone is doing anything about it.
Yea its the Rouges.

"I'm sorry, if you were right, I'd agree with you."

Glumer

• Local Moderator
  • Never giving up
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2014, 22:59 »
Problem is when something went wrong msh everytime ragequit, and rp faction is always a lot of work and stress. I started to invent in bos and during it im trying to help ncr army which stay alone, cause their leader changed them for low price pvp. Anyway its good cause it lost all which only geting bonus from it and real rp players left there, so it help and they rising again.

avv

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2014, 23:11 »
Would be cool if someone who actually had an insight could tell what went wrong.

The way I understood it was that being ncr guy didn't offer much to good players who are interested in doing things properly.

Tracy Baker

• トレイシー
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2014, 23:21 »

Sadly we were defeated by enourmous superiority of republic traitors and enemies. Army was doing its best , but it was not enough.
We all send many thanks to fallen brothers who hurried support our cause, amd we appreciate their heroism.
Republic will never fall, it could be in flames but never burned to ashes. Free people of republic will stay strong.

Glumer

• Local Moderator
  • Never giving up
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2014, 23:34 »
Would be cool if someone who actually had an insight could tell what went wrong.

The way I understood it was that being ncr guy didn't offer much to good players who are interested in doing things properly.

Problem was most of people which came there was from pistoleros from reloaded and they dont like apk vision, they more like simple killing on pvp like tc. Fortunately there is some ncr made from normal players which like vision of state. And right now when we finnaly setted bos like working faction we can support ncr cause it will help us to if there will be big rp community.

Helloapm

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2014, 09:01 »
Yes, you are right, but also I think that those Pkers could be some sort of RP as well (because NCR can't exist like a fairy-tale town, without any PvP action).  You can do your RP, but you know that exist some ppl who always try to ruin your RP project, and you can do nothing with that. You just should continue with your PR, and more and more ppl will participate in your project.

Glumer

• Local Moderator
  • Never giving up
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2014, 09:10 »
Yes, you are right, but also I think that those Pkers could be some sort of RP as well (because NCR can't exist like a fairy-tale town, without any PvP action).  You can do your RP, but you know that exist some ppl who always try to ruin your RP project, and you can do nothing with that. You just should continue with your PR, and more and more ppl will participate in your project.

Yes, without them it loose goal.