Poll

What does everyone in the Wasteland think should happen to the NCR?

Try and vote for a new leader and rebuild
14 (41.2%)
Abandon the NCR faction
4 (11.8%)
Restart the entire project from the very beginning
12 (35.3%)
Merge with another Faction
4 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Voting closed: April 02, 2014, 02:00

Author Topic: What should happen with the NCR?  (Read 2599 times)

EagleYa

• Only good players can be as bad as me ;)
    • View Profile
What should happen with the NCR?
« on: March 13, 2014, 01:00 »
NCR is kinda messed up from the NCR leader abandonment. What does everyone think should happen with the NCR? This is not an Official Poll to decide the fate of NCR. Poll lasts 20 days.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 01:04 by GreenEagle »

"I'm sorry, if you were right, I'd agree with you."

fonline2curious

• View Profile
Re: What should happen with the NCR?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 01:09 »
Merge with like 2 other factions, there are too many factions in this game, there need to be fewer, but stronger factions.

PastTime

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 01:14 »
Merge with like 2 other factions, there are too many factions in this game, there need to be fewer, but stronger factions.

That's a crappy idea, no offense.

Never before has there been a moment, when you could expect to fight three other factions during TC. Same goes for fighting over sierra or other dungeons. It's rather balanced right now.

+ which factions do you have on your mind? If that's not a secret.

fonline2curious

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 01:17 »

Never before has there been a moment, when you could expect to fight three other factions during TC. Same goes for fighting over sierra or other dungeons. It's rather balanced right now.

right but who always wins, 2 of these small factions? or the one that has 20 members?  if other factions want to stand a chance they need to be bigger, if average number of players online is 200, and you have 34 factions, theoretically if the entire server were in a faction that would be only 6 ppl per faction, then you have factions like the rogues who have what 16 people in sierra?  these other small factions arent going to stand a chance.

if you have fewer but stronger factions, THEN you would have some fun 3 faction battles in sierra.

There are like 3 maybe 4 major factions that do all of the TC, and sierra, these 30 other factions are doing what exactly?

Let me ask this, how many implants are there in the server?  How many factions have implants, and how many in each?
Not all factions have implants, and the ones who do probably have at least a few.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 01:24 by fonline2curious »

PastTime

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2014, 01:24 »

right but who always wins, 2 of these small factions? or the one that has 20 members?  if other factions want to stand a chance they need to be bigger, if average number of players online is 200, and you have 34 factions, theoretically if the entire server were in a faction that would be only 6 ppl per faction, then you have factions like the rogues who have what 16 people in sierra?  these other small factions arent going to stand a chance.

if you have few but stronger factions, THEN you would have some fun 3 faction battles in sierra.

Doesn't sound like you've ever participated in Sierra or regular TC, if you were there you'd know what it looks like. There are clips and screens on the gangs forum.  The fights are getting a lot more balanced lately, factions fight with equal numbers and Sierra (Believe me or not) is a burden with bigger quantity of members. Leading a swarm is hardly pleasing as well.

However, I wouldn't like to step on the fields of offtopic.

Just restart the project and place someone responsible and reliable on the seat. Wrong people decided to fulfill the roles in an unusual project.

EagleYa

• Only good players can be as bad as me ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2014, 01:29 »

if you have few but stronger factions, THEN you would have some fun 3 faction battles in sierra.

Doesn't sound like you've ever participated in Sierra or regular TC, if you were there you'd know what it looks like. There are clips and screens on the gangs forum.  The fights are getting a lot more balanced lately, factions fight with equal numbers and Sierra (Believe me or not) is a burden with bigger quantity of members. Leading a swarm is hardly pleasing as well.

However, I wouldn't like to step on the fields of offtopic.

Just restart the project and place someone responsible and reliable on the seat. Wrong people decided to fulfill the roles in an unusual project.
Agreed

"I'm sorry, if you were right, I'd agree with you."

Glumer

• Local Moderator
  • Never giving up
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2014, 08:16 »
change leader. BoS will have at friday elections after it we can speak about possibilities of cooperation. (with our aid you may easy push back any invader)

mafiapl

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2014, 08:23 »
Tracy for President !

I seen NCR being in a tight spot because there was no leader, so it would be good for them to select new leader or restart project, but merging with other factions is not a good idea i think.

Jim

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2014, 09:50 »
Try from beggining and forget past, turn y head to future, what is done-it's done.Elect new president and his deputy for start.
Here is some my idea so i try to not masacre to much english.

1:elect new president and his deputy

President rolle would be only for diplomacy, throwing some new idea, negotiations whit others forces and ?
Tandi area will be his home and for negotiations so shooting devs can be disable there.

2.assemble military force and choose general and next officiers who jump in they boots if there be needed.
General is charge for action and lead people and he can have authority to discharge/invite people in NCR membership in talking to president also.Probably would be best if he and his deputy have acces to base terminal only.

3.assemble soldiers.
That is moust tricky part.For start gather frends and people who know and they frends, not just aplications and some random ppl.It's always better to have small and loyal trustworthy people then big group of strangers and nothing to know about them.Have fun in hunting togheter, starting to get know eachoter, collect gear and materials for future wars and actions.No pressure, when u feel like u can start defend NCR u will know.Nothing good is build over night.

For pourpose to NCR be safe there must be NCR defenders and that is fact.For NCR to be present there must be something worth of doing that and that can be free drugs.Tell u later why druggs.That is tricky part coz of game mechanic.Who can stop them to chew drugs and go somwhere else of NCR?I suggest maybe some items who replace drugs but who have same pourpouse and only members of NCR can chew that and other players would be disabled to take that if they loot from dead NCR soldiers.When NCR soldiers step foot out from NCR such item is disabled for use and drugs efect imideeatly vanish.Outside of NCR regular drug can be usable.
Why i mention free drugs.Stayin there and dont knowing if there will be raid or no, consume time and spending drugs for no action is bad, boring and whitout pourpose and that can be good reason why NCR defenders will like to stay there and try defend when they gather some decent amount of gear.As for raiders, loot like armors and guns, can be tempting to try raid and have fun.

Cheers

Zechs Merquise

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2014, 09:56 »
NCR Is stronger than ever. Tracy is a perfect choice as president and figurehead but has anyone really asked her if she would  want the responsibility of leading the whole faction?

Jim

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2014, 10:28 »
Leading civilian such as crafters, diplomacy group and similar is one thing and leading soldiers in actions and train them is another.

Glumer

• Local Moderator
  • Never giving up
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2014, 12:50 »
NCR Is stronger than ever. Tracy is a perfect choice as president and figurehead but has anyone really asked her if she would  want the responsibility of leading the whole faction?

From what i saw on video from roughs, you are right. I never saw ncr defending in that number (win or loose doeasnt matter) - main is you defend it keep it working!

Bronco

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2014, 13:33 »
Jim put it nicely up there.

I'll just add, don't rush with it, enjoy, gather people slowly and when you have trustworthy group rebuild the faction. For start its nice too see some rangers around when I visit shady sands, wish you guys good luck and remember we're all here for the fun.

vaultloner94

• War, War never changes
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2014, 19:05 »
I've talked to Tracy and she says she doesn't think she has the ability to run it fully.  She will only if she wants to do it in the first place. Stop trying to force it.  Basically what Jim said is what needs to happened.
Spoiler