Author Topic: (SCRAPPED) Idea for NCR: More Roleplay Opportunity / A different way to run NCR  (Read 1717 times)

TopHat Orange

• Fanciest of all Top Hats
    • View Profile
As you all may tell, the New California Republic is failing.
We lost our leader, most of our posts have been deleted, our officer is trying to gain ‘leadership’ just exactly how a king would get his entitlement, and we are slowly degrading.
We all know that the NCR is going to have to rebuild in some way. I have some ideas, in case that the NCR does have to completely start over that will allow more roleplaying opportunity within the faction.

So far, the NCR is currently just running around, either just doing dull guard duty or going around doing PvE and PvP activities. We need some variety in NCR that would allow roleplaying to make it a main factor, politics.  I was thinking that we make NCR like the United States Government / The state of California. Why? It’s because the NCR is pretty much based off from them anyway. They are in the United States, they have a president, they have a flag that has been slightly altered from the original California Republic flag, and since they are basing it upon the state of California’s State Government, one would believe they’re trying to replicate it as much as possible.

How will this exactly work though?
The NCR will create two documents: The Constitution of the New California Republic and the New California Republic Bill of Rights. The Constitution of the New California Republic will contain some rights of the citizens, but mainly discuss on how the New California Republic’s government should work, then the New California Republic Bill of Right shall discuss all the rights of the citizens and what they can and cannot do with amendments.

The Constitution of the New California Republic will basically be a combination between the USA’s Constitution and the California Republic Constitution. It will contain three branches to ensure Seperation of Powers and Check and Balances:
Legislative – Make the laws.
Executive – Execute the laws.
Judicial – Interpret the Constitution and a place to put people into trial.

Legislative shall be the branch of government that will vote and make the laws, and will be set up as the House of Representatives and the Senate or under one house such as a Council. They can check the powers of both Executive and Judicial. They will approve the presidential nomination, control the budget, pass laws over a President veto, and impeach the President. Legislative may impeach judges and remove them from office. They will be voted on every week or month.

Executive will be the people who execute the laws of the NCR and will be run by one man, known as the President. He shall be the representative of the government, and shall be in chief command of the military. Executive may check on the Legislative and Judicial by vetoing a law, or by nominating judges. The president will be voted on every week or month.

Judicial is the place where they interpret the law and constitution. They may have trial on people, either the judges deciding who to favor or the jury to decide on who to favor. The Judicial branch may check Executive or Legislative by declare a president’s act ‘Unconstitutional’ or by declaring a law ‘Unconstitutional’. They will only be nominated by the president and approved by Legislature.

It’s a complicated system I agree, but if it’s executed well, it would be a very great roleplaying experience.
Scrapped
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 20:40 by TopHat Orange »
-=CHARACTERS=-
(In-Character)
Martyn Kovacich - Given to John Name
Dr. Phythian - Given to James9883
(Out-of-Character)
TopHat Emporium - Given to James9883

Bronco

Overall I love the idea of separating army and politics.

But its a bit complicated, not sure how much people you would get interested in such thing, cause that would require time and energy which many players wouldn't like to spend for a game.

And you would need higher number of people to run all that.

barabbas

Good idea in theory but too complex. there's about 2 rpers in the whole game and neither would be willing to sit there as member of 'legislative assembly" and hammer out "laws" that nobody gonna follow.

However idea of constitution & bill of rights is excellent, so certain pker can just stop already (captain jack, best poker player in the wastes)

Now for the obligatory whining about captain jack:

Spoiler
he doesnt RP ever, and he doesnt do shit for NCR, he idles in HUB and plays poker. If all youre gonna do is idle and play poker, at least do it in NCR for goddsakes jack. More importantly, on rare occaision he comes to NCR, all he does is PK me illegally for no reason.

Two nights ago he enter ncr (first time i seen him in weeks) and immediately begins pking me. I return several times and get pked by him and every other ncr member, several times, all the while I am not on any kill on sight list - and had literally been doing nothing but haning out in ncr when I saw him and he first begin pk me. Then the other soldiers are like "sorry you are KOS, orders from Jack" --how the hell do you take orders from some guy who cant even control his emotions and rages at everyone on the forum and clearly thinks he is superior, when in reality he's a total idiot?? Then he eventualy gets bored and fucks off to go do...whatever it is he does. Please kick this abuser out of NCR. thank you

PastTime

• View Profile
I doubt NCR can handle such roleplaying level. The current status of their RP is really low so you might think of altering the concept a bit. Just to fit the general activity and your members' desire to roleplay.

TopHat Orange

• Fanciest of all Top Hats
    • View Profile
I doubt NCR can handle such roleplaying level. The current status of their RP is really low so you might think of altering the concept a bit. Just to fit the general activity and your members' desire to roleplay.
I was thinking that this would be open public elections on the branches since the concept 'By the people, for the people' in the USA so that it's not entirely for the NCR, but if there's corruption in any branch there's Checks and Balances ....but you're absolutely right along with how complex this is. Any ideas on changing/simplifying this idea?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 17:20 by TopHat Orange »
-=CHARACTERS=-
(In-Character)
Martyn Kovacich - Given to John Name
Dr. Phythian - Given to James9883
(Out-of-Character)
TopHat Emporium - Given to James9883

PastTime

• View Profile
Well, I think that such stuff would bring some diversity and provide the RP aspects with various scenarios, but it's too much for some people to handle.

This game is mainly focused on combat and most of events aren't really related to the concept of politics. It wouldn't be wise to make your game even more complicated than it is now. At the moment, you have to face raiders (honestly, you've got merely one opponent, because all other factions seem to support NCR without any reason) and suicide bombers, which in my opinion, already bring some challenge and kills boredom.

If I were you, I'd just focus on making a set of rules and duties that every member would obey. Right now, it's a complete mess, soldiers can turn strangers into lead swallowing sponges whenever they feel like it. People don't feel safe most of the time.

A summary: Drop the complex RP concept. Do something productive in exchange, imagination and simple roleplaying activities will provide you more attention than exaggerated structure of faction that leaves little time for pastime activities. I doubt people want to waste their time like that, especially when turning Khans into a pile of dust feels much more exciting.

Regards.

Bronco

Ah I see scrapped the idea, still opened for ideas ?

How about simplifying the whole thing like this.

Governor of NCR towns - 1 for shady, 1 for hub, 1 for boneyard ? (I think those 3 make NCR in this game?) They could vote on the matters.

They would make the laws/decide on case to case basis who broke the law, such as if people do wrong in Hub, they're banned from rest of the cities (well not for petty theft, but for terrorism,raiding etc.)

Colonel (or what top rank you have for militia) - should be responsible for executing the law, and all the other army/guard/war things.