Author Topic: [RP] Investigative Mission - Project HOPE  (Read 3762 times)

Feather

• Don't Panic!
    • View Profile
[RP] Investigative Mission - Project HOPE
« on: April 20, 2014, 01:03 »
Greetings fellow brothers and sisters of Steel and all adventurous wastelanders!

What do you think is the greatest threat to humanity in this world?

The greatest threat, that is lurking everywhere, silently bringing death with every particle of air we breathe and every piece of food we eat is RADIATION.
Contrary to what the scientists from times before the great war estimated, the nuclear fallout seems to be reclining much slower.
Additionally there also seem to be other sources of heavy radiation occuring, polluting the lands over and over again. So far we could not determine what sources that are.
But that shall not concern us for now.

Shortly after I had been promoted to Scribe, my superior Scribe Wilson passed away. He was very old and his time had come and he was well aware of that. For some reason he liked me and that's why he introduced me to one of his research projects code name "HOPE".

A few years ago a scavenging team found a crashed vertibird. In it there was a so called G.E.C.K. - The Garden of Eden Creation Kit.

With the contents of the G.E.C.K. Wilson started experimenting on how to make the radiated soils arable and the water sources pure. Like I said radiation is still a big environmental problem and it will be for several hundred years more.
Humanity faces extinction...
If not by war, it will either succumb to starvation because of the fact that 80% of the crops just die, or it will just perish, because there are only few water sources available that aren't poisoned and making us infertile. You might not have noticed it, but the rate of dead or mutated births is rising steadily all over the wasteland.
I have taken over the project and currently I am the only one working on it or even knowing about it.
I have read up all the notes Scribe Wilson has made so far and I tend to his research facility - A most beautiful place hidden in plain sight. I have come to the point where I am stuck. So I tried to examine this illustrous suitcase's contents and try them out once more. Sadly without success. But when I looked closely I noticed there were some empty spots in the case -
Something from that G.E.C.K. seems to be missing. Since there was no inventory list included I have no idea what the missing components are. It is my hope that our research can advance further by finding these components and this is where I come to explain the mission:

I need a team of 4-5 capable and fit soldiers to investigate and find facts and data about the G.E.C.K.s manufacturing process – and ideally the missing parts themselves. We have a first lead, where to start the search, which will be disclosed to the group in a detailed mission briefing. If you feel you are up for this task, apply for participation here. If more than 5 people apply I will choose the most suited candidates based on what they write – so put some love into your application, give me your background story (or point me to the one you might already have written somewhere else) ;)

We are full. Anyone else who likes to play: There are some non-heroic side-roles to be played, if you are interested send me a PM. If not wait for another event.

Mission type: Investigation (Scavenger hunt style), combat situations might possibly occur
Mission date and time: Saturday, 26st of April 2014, 18:00 GMT+1 (might be changed depending on participant's timezones)
Starting location: BoS HQ, Lost Hills
Mission duration (estimated): 1,5 hours max.
What you will need: A loaded gun, some room in your backpack and the will to dig deep ;)
What you will get: An alternative experience to the usual grind and pew-pew, 100.000 caps for completion of the mission. Also there will be an opportunity to claim 2 special vehicles during the mission.

List of accepted participants:
1- TopHatOrange as Dr. Phytian Schlesser
2- Grey as Grey
3- GlowTrotter as GraveTractor
4- SmallGreg as Dog of War
5- paragon as Ants
6- Lucky Joe as Lucky Joe

Note, date moved to next saturday, since not all ppl have an easter-monday it seems^^
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 16:07 by Brotherhood of Steel HQ »

Wunglorz

• Fedruj dla Szatana.
    • View Profile
Re: [RP] Investigative Mission - Project HOPE
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 01:22 »
Name: Gammorin
Race: Supermutant
Background Story:
"As his name says, he's just pumped to the limit mutant, with enough intelligence and agility to become one of the nightkings, doing is job very well, to the time when Master died, he took a group of fellow Mutants and started roaming over wastelands, so as they called him his leader " a Gammorin" - which just simply means "boss".
When he understood that Wasteland doesn't need more blood, he joined Junktown Scouts, leaving behind ideals of "Master's race" and willing to do best for the people... Encouraged by humans, he helped the weakest and now, when he saw the "message" he's willing to give his hand to the old enemy, the Brotherhood of Steel, just in one purpose: Save the mankind."
Spoiler
TL;DR (I want some RP fun)

Feather: If reading half a page of introductory text is too much for you, maybe this isn't a mission for you. Check your PMs there might be a more suitable role for you ;)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 22:40 by Brotherhood of Steel HQ »
Muj giejem taki piekny

TopHat Orange

• Fanciest of all Top Hats
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 01:38 »
Spoiler
«◄Dr. Phythian►»
(Out-of-Character)
Ingame Name:
Dr. Phythian

(In-Character)
Backstory:
"This is a harsh world that we live in... So much blood has been spilt inside the wastes from one another. Blood being shed from your friends, the men who wishes to inflict harm, the thieves who lust for wealth, or even just because of the entertainment value of seeing the gore that spills from the bodies of the undeserving. I believe it only takes one man to make such a difference inside the Wasteland..." - Dr. Phythian

My name is Phythian Schlesser, and I am one of the few doctors inside the Wasteland. I was born in the year of 2232 right after my mother had died from giving birth to me inside Vault City, and my father has raised my brother and I without our mother. My father is a doctor who taught me the ways of the practice of medicine, and my brother went along with being a guard inside Vault City. My brother and I usually don’t get along. He’s more of the aggressive one who thinks intimidation and brute force is the only skills that he needs, but I believe my intelligence and knowledge can help the people. We have mix views, but I still love him.

As I was growing up, I was assistance for my father, but as he grew old, he couldn’t continue his job. I had to take over his clinic and help out any of the patients needs. Usually if it was a resident, I only have to see what kind of disease they had that was inflicting on their body, mostly just the common flu. Though if it was a guard, most of the time they bring blood inside the clinic, make a mess, and I had to fix either a large laceration or ballistic trauma. Then I had to clean everything up. That’s the usual routine that happens inside the clinic, but I then grew curious of what’s outside the walls of the city. I never been out there, and I always wanted to see what sort of knowledge I could accumulate out there.

In 2247, my father has died from a cardiac arrest while he was sleeping. Right after his death, I gathered all of my belongings, and headed out to see the rest of the world. Right then and there, I wondered where the road ahead of me will lead to. I traveled south of Vault City from hearing that settlements were established. I came from Vaulty City to Shady Sands, then to Junktown, then the Hub, and made my way to the Boneyard. Along the way I talked with some interesting types of people and helped a lot of them because of whatever medical conditions they had. Though there was just this one patient that I could say I really liked, love from first sight. Her name was Moriel.

When I first met her, she was almost dead till I found her slumped against a rock. She was shot inside the abdomen, and was left here to bleed. With haste, I quickly pulled out my first aid kit, and a bottle of water. I first applied the water on the wound to clean as much dirt as possible, then I wiped around the wound with an antiseptic wipe to remove any bacteria. After that I pulled out a pen light that I had in my lab coat’s pocket, and I examined the wound carefully. The bullet was still in her along with three fragments that came from it. I put the pen light in my mouth to let it shine over the wound and I quickly use a pair of forceps to cautiously pull the bullet and the fragments out. I then sutured the wound in place, and then I applied a bandage around her.

After patching her up, I lifted her off from the ground, and I headed to the Hub. I checked out a room, and let her rest on the bed while I fell asleep. Several hours or so I woke up, founding out she was awake. I gave her some painkillers, and she thanked me for my help. Since then, we both were traveling the wasteland as partners. We had several troubles along the way such as robbers, bandits, and so on, but she mostly took care of them. She was more combat efficient than I was.

Then, of course, something changed. In 2248, she was killed inside the Hub. Nothing could have been done about it. She was shot in the head, and her own blood was used to spell out the words: “Can’t Escape From Death” inside the room that we were sleeping in. Before that I was too busy gathering herbs for medicine that I needed for future patients.

Since then, I roamed around the Wasteland in hopes of myself doing some good to the people who deserve the goodness from my heart. Maybe I can change this place from it being a hostile place into a place where people can feel safe, and tranquil.

Additional Info
Name: Phythian Schlesser
Nickname: Phy or Doc
Profession: Doctor; mostly to help treat wounds.
Physical Description:
   Phythian is just another person who came from the city of Vault 8. He has brown eyes, dark brown hair that's tied in the back, a five'o clock shadow as facial hair, and his skin is white. If he is seen inside a city, he's either armored or he's in his Vault 8 lab coat. He does wear a satchel that goes around his torso, and he has several weapons on his belt along with medical supplies. Most of the time, his clothes look clean with the exception of blood on him because of him having to deal with patients.

(OOC) Notes About Myself
Before you ask or if you ask, I am fully aware of the basic RP principles such as:
Metagaming
God Modding/Powergaming
Difference between IC and OOC
I am aware of the ability of the models not being able to wear armor or the ability to run.

Thank you for taking the time, and reading. c:
He's currently in the Brotherhood of Steel and I'd like to take part to RP. :)

Feather: Accepted, welcome aboard.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 22:41 by Brotherhood of Steel HQ »
-=CHARACTERS=-
(In-Character)
Martyn Kovacich - Given to John Name
Dr. Phythian - Given to James9883
(Out-of-Character)
TopHat Emporium - Given to James9883

Grey

• WTB gummy bears, big amounts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2014, 02:46 »
Scribe Grey applying for this very interesting mission!
Im not a soldier but im such a curious adventurer and i can use a wattz 2k laser rifle properly!

Background history-> http://forum.fonline2.com/index.php?topic=4716.msg48442#msg48442

« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 22:41 by Brotherhood of Steel HQ »

JJ

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2014, 08:16 »
Only BoS allowed or freelancers can apply too?
My memories of being a human aren't as clear as they once were, but I remember pettiness, hatred, jealousy... I prefer being a mutant.

Feather

• Don't Panic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2014, 08:28 »
Only BoS allowed or freelancers can apply too?
Greetings fellow brothers and sisters of Steel and all adventurous wastelanders!

Glumer

• Local Moderator
  • Never giving up
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2014, 09:08 »
Sorry i was drunken like russian bear

Feather

• Don't Panic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2014, 09:13 »
Are you maybe still drunk? What does your excessive alcohol consumption have to do with this? ;D ;D ;D

Glumer

• Local Moderator
  • Never giving up
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2014, 10:26 »
Are you maybe still drunk? What does your excessive alcohol consumption have to do with this? ;D ;D ;D

A little, maybe. But i want to participate in.

Feather: With which character do you wish to participate?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 22:43 by Brotherhood of Steel HQ »

JJ

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2014, 18:07 »
Sign me in if there's an empty space.

Whichever you want me to. Name it and I'm there with her/him.

Check your PM.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 16:00 by Brotherhood of Steel HQ »
My memories of being a human aren't as clear as they once were, but I remember pettiness, hatred, jealousy... I prefer being a mutant.

GlowTrotter

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2014, 18:39 »
Spoiler
Honored Brotherhood of Steel,

Name is GlowTrotter. Iam independent explorer, borned nearby Nellis Air Force Base. My ancestors have survived the war in Vault 22,  parents were scientists who abandoned vault shelter in early 23rd century and settled in nearby settlement. They traveled around the Nevada and searched for tech hidden in prewar facilities  untill i borned. Then have nurtured adventure and thirst for knowledge in my mind, I've started searching and exploring not distanced regions on my own in age of 17. During my journeys have heard a lot of Glow  and Vault 0 legends, but i had never oportunity to travel so far, now when i earned enough money to afford remanufactured Hummer, i resolute to travel to the ocean to the west and ocean to the south.

Iam interested in any research related to pre war tech, learning about hi-tech is the only purpose of my existence.

For dangerous missions i am using my remotely controled bio-drone unit known as GraveTractor.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 22:44 by Brotherhood of Steel HQ »
Buying fire gecko pelts 175caps each, reasonable amounts.

Spoiler

SmallGreg

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2014, 20:52 »
Spoiler
Man of War, Dog of War and Beast of War

Bunch of ex-BoS troops, known to be brave, efficient and insubordination. Man of War - minigun operator (real dumbass), Dog of War - sniper and Beast of War - the best man when it comes to throw grenades. BoS officers admired their courage and skills, but meantime they were asking themselves "who the fuck recruited that idiots and how come they've passed basic training?". One day they've overacted - Man of War decided to make a prank on Beast of War. During one of the trainings he swapped his fake grenades with live ones. Beast of War didn't notice and he smashed a storage, destroying dozens of Power Armors, brand new miniguns and loads of ammo. They've been booted out of the BoS, all three of them, with erasing any data from BoS files. From now on their names have been forgotten and only a few still recognize their call signs. After a years of pointless wandering they were hired by Hub Mercenaries.

I' am interested. I can use one of my characters, it depends on mission requirements.

Feather: This is kinda difficult. If i would stay IC, I wouldn't remember these characters, as your backstory describes how their records were erased. Maybe you can write, what their motivation is to help the BoS, after they were kicked out? Also you have to decide on one character. I can give you so much information: The combat skills specialization doesn't really matter, so just pick your favorite char.

Dog of War is my favourite :) (sniper, with reapair, science and lockpick skills).  You asked why? Now Dog of War is a little bored with hunting criminals near Hub and is looking for something new. Maybe big crusade or expedition...

Feather: We'll give it a try, welcome aboard.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 16:00 by Brotherhood of Steel HQ »

paragon

• Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2014, 00:53 »
Character name: Ants

Background: I've been born in complete isolation. One of the vaults, which number is forgotten long ago, got their main door blocked by huge amount of the ground after nuclear detonation. People coudn't get out of there after fallout. Still they had everything to continue living inside. While the world has been explored by wastelanders, towns get raided and people get killed, vault citizens had their 54 private room to inhabit and 4 public places to visit. Monotonous life drove people crazy and my parents started to undermine new tunnel. They knew that vault counsel would never allow this because the vault never had any information about the outer world, so they did it from the private toilet, hiding it even from me. When I was 18, they succeeded and gone... without me. Vault counsel figured everything out after my attempt to find my gone parents. They excommunicated me as a betrayer through the same exit and blew up the tunnel... I've been the last person but counsel knowing about the tunnel.

I barely survived... I got hit by a radioactive scorpion in my first 30 minutes outside and lost consciousness. Someone found me and cared about me for months, while I was in great fever. I can't rembmer names or faces, but when I woke up, I knew everything about the world around, and I knew my mission.

While people around are going crazy, kill each over trying to survive, for caps or for wear, for food and for fun, the world is being wasted. And there is no school or jail for haters! If there could be a hidden tunnel on overcrowded box with 58 rooms and 412 people inside then there could be the common language and way of organization for everyone... we could be social in a way that this world will finally accept us. We need team up. Get together and fight for out freedom and rights. Fight for our future.

I've met a group of people who calls themselves "Midnight Riders". They are one of the fighters for the greeter good. With them I found out about other allies... like Brother Of Steel. The honored people trying to create the new world by old knowledge. And I claim it to be my duty, to help in any step leading for the better world.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 16:01 by Brotherhood of Steel HQ »

Glumer

• Local Moderator
  • Never giving up
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2014, 01:42 »

A little, maybe. But i want to participate in.

With Paladin Glumer

Feather: Check your PM.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 16:02 by Brotherhood of Steel HQ »

Lucky Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2014, 20:04 »
Joseph Carpenter (58) also known as Lucky Joe

Born in Vault city in 2194 (now I'm pretty old guy). My father was an excellent military officer. He taught me some tactics and how to use a gun. But I preferred another way. I was rebellious and idealistic. Like my mother did. She was a chemist and worked in local hospital. I get a lot of knowledge helping her night shifts. So my education was pretty well-rounded. I was really passionated about freedom and democracy, but my father wasn't. Sooo... I wouldn't tell you the whole story, I'll just say that I had to leave Vault City.
It was tough. I couldn't even imagine how damn bad it was those days. So I sticked with first smart guys I met. It was a group of local high-educated scavengers. They taught me how get much needed caps and materials. I learned a lot 'bout energy weapon then. Spend nights and weeks crafting 'em, making 'em better. It was really good time. It ended by some raiders that killed almost whole group one day.
And so on, and so on. Death and despair, death and despair.
Then I found myself in Brotherhood of Steel leading a group of initiates which task is to find and retrieve ancient pre-war tech and data all over the wasteland. I'm tactian, field medic and scientist, sniper and repairman. I have keen eye and good reflexes. My week side is health. Im a bit too old to recover bullet wounds.

Character - Lucky Joe

« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 16:02 by Brotherhood of Steel HQ »