Author Topic: [encounter] wolves  (Read 2082 times)

Lee Galleon

• View Profile
[encounter] wolves
« on: July 08, 2013, 18:52 »
So the wolf encounter, they don't do anything, or as you can see with the others, they randomly run around. There wasn't anyone else in the encounter when I got here, or afterwords.

They are also described as "Wolve"

Slink

• View Profile
Re: [encounter] wolves
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 12:36 »
Now they do attack but they miss like 70% of their attacks versus a leather armor. When they finally hit they do no damage even with critical hits.

Wipe

• Random is god
    • View Profile
    • FOdev
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 12:45 »
Now they do attack but they miss like 70%
Can't confirm, they still run away from me... maybe becouse of 2CH? :-\ But running away isn't the worst thing - it's the fact that they hold turns when they reach a grid or some blockers (like near a rock).
Games are meant to be created, not played...

skycast

• Administrator
  • Working on engine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 12:59 »
Can't confirm, they still run away from me... maybe becouse of 2CH? :-\ But running away isn't the worst thing - it's the fact that they hold turns when they reach a grid or some blockers (like near a rock).
Looks like their AI style set to Coward *)

Lee Galleon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2013, 20:39 »
Looks like their AI style set to Coward *)

Which is rational considering that Wolves rarely attack humans. (Especially in an area where humans shoot everything that moves whether or not it looks threatening.) but if that was the case they shouldn't attack at all.

If they are going to actually come at you, they should actually attack.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2013, 00:21 »
i can confirm the misses, but i think its even more than 70% miss, i went to eat and left me traveling on wm, i encountered wolves, returned like after 5-10 minutes, and i see myself in encounter, all surrounded by missing wolves, in that time they did me only like 30 dmg.