Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 21928 times)

Xsarq

Re: Ex-yugoslavia or balkan subforum
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2014, 21:08 »
Nah just listing all countries with: "Serbian" annoyed me like hell. Most of Serbian thinks that they shoud control the whole Jugoslavia: ,,Kosovo is Serbian" (Like 90% Albanian living there but hey Serbia got some holy places there...yeaah.), "Croatia is Serbian" blah blah. Still this is far from game range as whole matter is even more complicated even today and as outsider i shoudn't be writing about this matter.

The subforum is not bad idea as i wrote in last post though.

Bronco

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2014, 21:14 »
Spoiler
Albanian speak serbian? Say whaaaaaaaaat.

Nigga, they have their own very complicated language which is very unique for Europe. This is awesome country, its mix of south islam and north catholitics + There is Albania MK II called Kosovo. They have awesome mountains and from what i remember the biggest sale of e-music in eastern europe.

Une jan ein Shqiptar! (or something like this.)

Slovenia (they have their own language which is quite similar to croatian, but they speak croatian perfectly)

Lol what.

Actually this entire post was made by Serb most likely. Most of nations in this region have their own
languages.

Edit: The Balkanian subforum woud be good but language woud be truly a problem.

Actually only Albanians and Slovenians have different language. All of other countries speak with 90% similarity, while those 10% of words are different but we all still know them.

From what I gathered meeting people from Balcans, Slovenians don't have any problem with understanding us (I r Croat) , not sure for Albanians thou.

Still subforum would be good for people who are bad at english and rest of the balkan players could help them out.

Nah just listing all countries with: "Serbian" annoyed me like hell. Most of Serbian thinks that they shoud control the whole Jugoslavia: ,,Kosovo is Serbian" (Like 90% Albanian living there but hey Serbia got some holy places there...yeaah.), "Croatia is Serbian" blah blah. Still this is far from game range as whole matter is even more complicated even today and as outsider i shoudn't be writing about this matter.

Funny thing is he is croat too. But montenegro,kosovo,vojvodina(still is?) were all part of the serbia hence he listed them as speaking serbian.
Also nationalism is for faggots, we wouldn't ask for "balcan united" subforum if there was any national tension between players.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 21:20 by Bronco »

Besmrtnik

• HelloTitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2014, 21:21 »
I am from Croatia, I have 10 km to border of Slovenia, and my GF lives 10 metars from border, and I also have relatives in slovenia, I go there quite often, on radio stations there are croatian music, on their national television they play croatian series. And I stand by it that language is quite similar but not same, and they understand croatian not question about it.

Albanian language, yes of course their people is unique and their language, I know only few their words... but I would not understand them at all, on the other hand yes they know speak serbian language no joke... as I said in other topic on our language, I met Albanian players in other games dota, discovery freelancer, and they speak serbian quite well they were all about my age... and real life reference in village next to mine, before 6-7 years Albanian folklore groupe (dancer and singers and musicans) from their country came and stayed here for week, they have spoken Serbian language with us (between them self they spoke their language of), so yeah about that...

The mark of the immature man is that he
wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the
mature man is that he wants to live humbly for
one

Besmrtnik

• HelloTitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2014, 21:34 »
Balkan United sounds quite awesome

I played many games I never had problem on national level, like bronco said we would not ask this if we are not sure, I think there is not tension between balkan players on national level.

we came here to play game and enjoy it,not discuss RL politics, we are not kids, or politicians don't worry about us :)
The mark of the immature man is that he
wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the
mature man is that he wants to live humbly for
one

Hudson

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2014, 22:19 »
All i can say is: Remove kebab!  :o

Gabr1el

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2014, 00:15 »

Actually I'm the Serb although not all that nationalist and he's Croat :)

Serbs and Croats were majority so official language in old SFRJ was Serbo-Croatian.Reason some Albanians speak Serbian is most likely that SFRJ had good living standards while Albania did not.Kosovo is now populated by 90 % Albanian but most of them can still understand Serbian because only 2 decades before it was more like 60/40.It's a sensitive issue and they should not be part of subforum unless we have Albanian speakers.Hostility remains high but people interact more these days.Mixed marriages weren't considered mixed back then nor were Serbs and Albanians enemies all that much before 90s.

Why remove any subforum ? :P French are cool :)

BTW Great job on Wiki XSarq , game would be unplayable without it :)

Gabr1el

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2014, 00:20 »

Merle

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2014, 02:04 »
I'll try to keep this short.

Spoiler
[...] Most of Serbian thinks that they shoud control the whole Jugoslavia: ,,Kosovo is Serbian" [...] "Croatia is Serbian" blah blah.

Still this is far from game range as whole matter is even more complicated even today and as outsider i shoudn't be writing about this matter.

@Xsarq, believe me when I say that I have a lot of respect for you, but just let me assure you that when it comes to this game, no one here (from fo2 Balkan "district") cares about ex-Yu politics, and it's not nice to generalize when it comes to these matters (especially not about an entire country). "Most" of Serbs/Croats/BiHs/Slovenians or anyone else for that matter, are just normal people with the usual amount of retarded politicians (which is similar to any other country). The "relatively" younger generations that I know of (and which haven't been brainwashed or conditioned by their Ustasa/Cetnik parents) don't give a single flying fuck about what any of those politicians had in mind with this part of Europe. I'm gonna stop myself right there, because our shared history still remains a fresh one (especially for our older, war-struck generations), and this is one wound that I do not wish to pick through.

Additionally, when it comes to languages, Croats and Serbs can understand each other perfectly (similar like comparing Am. Eng. and Brit. Eng). A good deal of Slovenians understands both of those languages very well (and vice versa when it comes to northern Croats/Gorski Kotar borderline/Istrians etc.; not sure about Serbs, so I won't comment that). Even if there are differences, both Croats and Slovenians can find common language connections very quickly. BiH language is "sort of" a mix of those two, but of course with some of its own origins as well (I don't want to get into linguistics here), and all three languages (Ser, Cro, BiH) understand each other very well. Now, when it comes to Kosovo... ahhh... this is gonna take forever:

Cro - Serb - BiH understand each other (same language roots; "similar" or even "different" is what they use/d to teach us, since politics still try to keep us at distance)
Slo - Cro - even BiH understand each other (BiH can understand almost everything, they're like some RPG multiclass; they probably even know Klingon)
Serb - Voj - Kos - Alb - understand each other (NOT saying that it's all the same language, but they DO know at least some basics of Serbian language)

This is just a rough presentation, but YES, we can all understand each other with some minimum conversational effort.

TL:DR give us our goddamn subforum!

EDIT: and for the love of Satan, if this works, please don't make me the moderator. 1) I have a ton of proof-reading to do, 2) I owe Wesan a ton of dialogues, 3) I'm trying to find some free time to learn how to do mapping... and next to all of this, I don't get any time to play the fu***** game! >:(
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 02:11 by Merle »

Kes

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2014, 03:06 »
Very nice Bes. +1 from my Balkan ass  :)
I also never meet some Italia player ever :)
>:(

The only and last Italian player.

What about Mutie? He was italian and he also says KURWA!

Ja pierdole +1!

JJ

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2014, 07:00 »
+1

base are Serbian and Croatian language(Serbo-Croatian) which are very very similar

Not similar, pretty much the same language if you don't count regional dialects (south Serbia, Dalmacija, Međugorje - god, I could never understand them!).

+1, just dont let NATO see it or they'll split it into 7 or 8 smaller subforums

Hahahahaha, it's funny 'cause it's true  ;D

Btw, I know 1 Italian but he doesn't post on forum.

My memories of being a human aren't as clear as they once were, but I remember pettiness, hatred, jealousy... I prefer being a mutant.

JJ

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2014, 07:08 »
Also, if  you include Albanians they will populate the subforum (from 40% to 90% in a few months), push away all other players and claim independence.
My memories of being a human aren't as clear as they once were, but I remember pettiness, hatred, jealousy... I prefer being a mutant.

Mr Dusan

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2014, 09:52 »
i support this idea !  8)

PS: Vojvodina is part of Serbia ....
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 09:55 by Mr Dusan »

for fuck sake

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2014, 10:06 »
All i can say is: Remove kebab!  :o

Egyetértek !

Már csak a Hazugok hiányoznak ;D
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 10:11 by Jamie »

Jim

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2014, 10:23 »
Balkans guys wrote well here about language and who understand who.I come here to have fun and fuckaraund with no matter is he chinese, gipsy or from polar cave.Many of here boys was playin whit plastic cars in sandbox when shit was hit the fan in Bosnia and Croatia and i dont tolerate politic crap and similar shit cuz inteligence person know that in every side there is people who try to live and survive, dont minding all that bullshits what came from those fuckers who was politicians and earn a hell lot of money on a misery of folks.Soon i smell that shit i pack my things and dissopier.Nationality pride isn't something what u need to throw in front of others people noses, that is keeping inside and is good thing.

I think we deserve subforum.

Blackeyed

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2014, 14:50 »
fuck u Bes, Portugal does NOT read or post on the Spanish subforum.
other than that, idea of Balkan subforum sounds, more than good, beautiful.

+1