Author Topic: VIDEO TUTORIALS  (Read 7878 times)

Rascal

• Developer
    • View Profile
VIDEO TUTORIALS
« on: October 07, 2014, 22:10 »
Series of video tutorials which might be helpful!
Big thx to Dequ and Hejmr for making the videos!
Enjoy:

Tutorial 1: Skill Introduction
Spoiler

Tutorial 2: Perks
Spoiler

Tutorial 3: Character Creation
Spoiler

Tutorial 4: Worldmap
Spoiler

Tutorial 5: Scavenging, Mining and Crafting
Spoiler

Tutorial 6: How to make money ?
Spoiler

Tutorial 7: Action Points and Combat Modes
Spoiler

Tutorial 8: How To Get Experience ?
Spoiler

Tutorial 9: How to start ? Part 1
Spoiler

Tutorial 9: How to start ? Part 2
Spoiler
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 21:27 by Rascal »

Myakot

• View Profile
Re: VIDEO TUTORIALS
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 16:08 »
Aside from a couple of grammar mistakes, this was actually really enjoyable and both usefull to watch, thank you for your work.
Roses are red, Violets are blue
Omae Wa Mou, Shindeiru

T-888

• Contributor
  • Soldiers of Thunderstorm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2014, 18:28 »
Good stuff.

There's a repetitive mistake in some of the videos. Whenever you refer to something with "there is", if that something/someone is plural/(many kurwas etc.), then there's "are" instead of "is", my English is far from perfect, but that's something I am unable to not notice.

Feather

• Don't Panic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2014, 18:37 »
Nice vids.

Dequ

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2014, 19:08 »
Yeah no can do :D

My english is not the best, but I hope it is good enought for those videos.

Q: Where is Hejmr┬┤s videos?

Xsarq

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2014, 21:20 »
ok guys before i update the wiki video section, please take a look and tell me if you need something changed.

Spoiler

Edit:

Thanks for corrections page is up.
http://wiki.fonline2.com/wiki/Video_Tutorials
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 22:56 by Xsarq »

Merle

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2014, 21:40 »
Wow, that's some nice work right there! Tiz all good. Just change "deathclawes" into "deathclaws" and "shoud" to "should". I'm a bit drunk atm, but I think everything else is cool.

Feather

• Don't Panic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2014, 21:41 »
"Most (if not all) videos linked here are stored on YouTube.com. These fan-made videos present various aspects of the game.
To find even more FOnline2 related videos you may use the search function on YouTube or browse through this forum topic."

"Deathclaw e s"

Also maybe rename "How to start"/"How to start (cont)" to "How to start (1/2)" and "How to start (2/2)"

As always, very nice use of graphics. This wiki is definitely the most colorful of all FOnline-wikis. :)

Colombo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2014, 00:54 »
If I can comment, maybe there is not the right spot, but... the wiki became very horrible. One should ALWAYS prefere plain and easy to read formats as well as menus than TOO colorful ones. Do NOT place pictures behind buttons etc! It makes everything hard to read and the graphics hard to appreciate.

Xsarq

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2014, 01:07 »
Yep this is why im using only few colours in menu's. Trying to keep colour schemes clear.

Still if you want something corrected you need be specific, instead of saying something is horrible point which element should be corrected and explain why. Ill consider it. Otherwise you can do your own proposition we always need more people.

Edit:

Do NOT place pictures behind buttons etc

wait what? :D
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 01:09 by Xsarq »

Pedro

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2014, 01:09 »

Feather

• Don't Panic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2014, 02:52 »
Only thing annoying is that sometimes the pictures have 1990 style loading times..

Didn't see Theta yet, very nice one indeed. Source?

Colombo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2014, 08:00 »
Yep this is why im using only few colours in menu's. Trying to keep colour schemes clear.

Still if you want something corrected you need be specific, instead of saying something is horrible point which element should be corrected and explain why. Ill consider it. Otherwise you can do your own proposition we always need more people.

Edit:

Do NOT place pictures behind buttons etc

wait what? :D

Its easy, with those images for skills etc., it was better. They were faster and even the structure behind this (eg. the levels you need to go through to get to text you want actually read) was more shallow.

The contemporary state of wiki is: Two different designs. One fancy but not very functional and one on the deepest level, where you actually NEED to read the text in pleasure, non-hurting way (aka the old design). There is reason why wiki looks like wiki and not something overly fancy. There is reason why even in heavily pictured books, you have picture without text on page or on half page and rest filled with text. Not just text on picture. Or strangely thrown over page and inbetween pictures.

Or just the basic problem: It could sort of work if it was connected and downloaded faster, sort of as menus in game. But it itsnt. It clash with what wiki can do (look at that image, now look on top of window, on the bottom and on sides, too white, isn't it?)

It just don't work. It isn't nice to navigate. It may work in game (may, some are still but weird), but it isn't working as navigation for wiki.

Colombo

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2014, 08:44 »
Compile guide-story book, put it into PDF or better HTML format and release it. You could read it and feel the atmosphere from that. But not on wiki. Wiki is pure information.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 10:19 by Colombo »

Xsarq

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2014, 21:22 »
Gentlemen i love images, i love graphic, i love photoshopping crudely done menu's on fallout 3 images, i love photoshopping in frozen tundras, through deserts, on the sea, in the air, I love every act of photoshopping that can occur upon this earth.

Gentlemen, all I ask for is graphic menu. A Photoshoped images so grand as to make Hell itself tremble. Gentlemen, I ask you as fellow brothers in wiki, what is it you really want? Do you wish for further grand WIKI'ing as I do? Do you wish for a merciless, bloody photoshopping? A Graphic Menus whose fury is built with iron, and lightning, and fire? Do you ask for graphic wiki to sweep in like a tempest, leaving not even ravens to scavenge?!"

Spoiler