Author Topic: Change stealthoy mechanics  (Read 1705 times)

avv

• View Profile
Change stealthoy mechanics
« on: January 13, 2015, 04:00 »
Change stealth boy so that it has a basic deteriorating rate which doesn't get changed if someone is looking at you. I can give few reasons:

- Friends make it break faster. So if you have friends around you, your stealth boy is soon gone. My team spawned next to me and my stealth boy took a hit of -50 in 5 seconds.

- Being defensive sneak is harder than being offensive. When in tc, the defending scout needs to have a stealth boy active for 15 mins in row while likely being scouted, stared at and fought against other sneaks. Offensive sneaks can scout the enemy without stealth boy and use it for very short period of time and then escape. Attacking is so easy in this game already that it doesn't need additional benefits in any area.

- I don't think it's reasonable that a gearless jacketman can break sneak's equipment just by looking at him. Just think about it and compare to something else: your equipment is deteriorated over time when some troll keeps coming in and looking at you. Seriously: just by looking.

Shmooo

• View Profile
Re: Change stealthoy mechanics
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 06:23 »
I forgot mine was on when I entered a TB encounter, is was almost broken by the time I left.

Would it be possible to add a way to stop the deterioration while in TB as well? Considering you can't re-enter stealth etc.

Noisy

• Contributor
  • Dreams dont work, unless you do
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2015, 11:43 »
does everyone who has sneaker in sight count for deteriation?

i mean, if there are 25 guys looking at you, will it break faster then if 1 person looks at you
^_^ http://46.101.233.161/timers/display

There are no unsolvable problems.

Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm

Xsarq

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2015, 11:47 »
i remember constant crying in Summertime arena of our sneaks that Wesan/Rascal are destroying their precious stealthboys by having admin vision on  ;D

hejmr

• Love and harmony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2015, 12:33 »
+1 So much truth.

@Xsarq: ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_Ur9CAWsaM
Being a FOnline veteran means sinking in sentiment every time you look at the clock and it's 22:38.

skycast

• Administrator
  • Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2015, 12:52 »
Good point, will be applyed after next update.