Author Topic: [Connection] getting kicked off the game for no apparent reason.  (Read 1589 times)

BLDYMSS

Today was my longest and in the end most frustrating session of FOnline 2.

After getting the caps for Armorer and Gunsmith Prof Level 2, me and a friend went grinding the cash for kevlar and high grade steels, and other mats. Then finally the glorious moment: 2 brand new sets of CA and 2 brand new FN-FALs – all with some minor bonuses + ammo were manufactured and we decided to go test them out real quick, before quitting for the day. We hit a doable encounter (some punkers near L.A.) and then in the middle of the fight my friend told me that he sees me as offline. But I still saw the game and tried an attack, which depleted my AP but did not fire, so it seemed the game really had kicked me.

I tried to relog and got the message that no connection to server could be established. In the meantime my friend witnessed my death and then died himself because he couldn't do it alone and all the sweet stuff was gone :(
The whole time the skype connection was perfectly clear, internet browser worked, except the forum page. BOTH game and forum were unavailable for me –but not my friend– for about 2-3 mins.
It's one thing to loose grinded stuff to a PK or to not being cautious, I can live with that. But what I really hate is loosing my stuff (and therefore precious time) to some bug/error. So.. yeah..WTheck? What could that have been now?
And if it IS a problem on my side, what should I do to prevent such frustration?

SSakul

• View Profile
 u are not alone

LagMaster

• May The Lag be with you!!!
    • View Profile
it also ocazionaly happend to me on other instances
is a problem with your internet provider, you should contact them and tell them you are unable to reach a server(you can say the server that is the fonline forum)

i had such atacks myself, only skype and google worked, but if i try to use find result on google i couldn't access it. Also x-fire was not working(i do not have it anymore)
Remember skycast and Rascal, abusing power never ends well.

BLDYMSS

Thanks for answers so far. I will inquire with my ISP today, maybe I will know more after that.

edit: well that wasn't very helpful. They couldn't tell me shit, just told me to try to run my connection with a fixed IP, which I did and the same crap happened again. Must be something on server side..

I just hope it won't happen so often again, especially when in fight..
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 20:46 by BLDYMSS »

skycast

• Administrator
  • Working on engine
    • View Profile
Thanks for answers so far. I will inquire with my ISP today, maybe I will know more after that.

edit: well that wasn't very helpful. They couldn't tell me shit, just told me to try to run my connection with a fixed IP, which I did and the same crap happened again. Must be something on server side..

I just hope it won't happen so often again, especially when in fight..
Hm, dont think it is server side it is only about connections between ISP, when next time this will happen run cmd and execute there command: tracert fonline2.com ,than pm me with output.

MickDick

• I don't give a fuq.
    • View Profile
Yes this happens to me and my friends as well, it's rare but it happens and it doesn't always kick us either, we just notice the game lag spikes for like 5 WHOLE MINUTES.

When we're in the same location we're all affected simultaneously but when separated it happens randomly not affecting all of us.

It's very irritating, and the worst part is sometimes you cannot always think to try a tracert because you cannot tell it is lagging all the time, it just doesn't occur to you, though the aftermath is quite noticeable :D.